2019: AFL Fixture Analysis & Discussion (Strength of Fixture added)

freowho

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Fremantle
Below is a 2019 strength of draw for rucks based on 2018 opponents. Obviuosly the difficulty of opponent won't stay the same but it wouldn't be tipped upside down in one year so it gives us something to work with. Sandi makes a big difference to some of these draws. If he misses round 1 then Goldy has an amazing run this year. I've placed them in order from easiest at the top to toughest at the bottom leading up to their bye. I was considering Naismith but his price might not get a chance to rise quickly enough. What about trading Grundy out if he is above $700K after rnd 10???
Rucks Draw.JPG

freowho

Dual Best & Fairest
AFL Club
Fremantle
Here is one based on how the top 20 mids went this year against opposition teams compared to their average for the year. No surprise that teams with recognised taggers were hard to score against (Jacobs, Selwood, Dunstan, Steele, Ross and Hewett) but sometimes a good midfield brigade can team together to make it hard for opposition mids without having a designated tagger. Scott Selwood only played half a season but Geelongs midfield still would have been tough to score against.
Looking at next years draw I've ordered them roughly from easiest at the top to toughest at the bottom given their start to the year. Sloane, Merrett and Titch could be early trade in targets. How does Kelly go with a tag? Danger and Dusty could be good starting picks. For those keen on slingshotting to a mid through the byes you would be looking for a run of tags leading up to a round 12 or 13 bye but no one stands out. Maybe Parker,Bont or Treloar?

Mids Draw 2019.JPG