Analysis 2019: AFL Fixture Analysis & Discussion

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Gee 5 out 6 green games for GC to start but I still doubt that they win any of them

Dees players post byes looks like a good move too

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Gee 5 out 6 green games for GC to start but I still doubt that they win any of them

Dees players post byes looks like a good move too
Unlike previous years, there doesn't seem to be as many hot streaks with this year's fixture.

Hopefully we get a bunch of rookies at the suns we can start with and start culling when the upgrade season begins.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Unlike previous years, there doesn't seem to be as many hot streaks with this year's fixture.

Hopefully we get a bunch of rookies at the suns we can start with and start culling when the upgrade season begins.
Fair chance of suns rookies - do they even have any senior players left?

AFL Club
West Coast
Freo have a lot of Sunday games and even their Saturday games are night games. Might be looking for a $102k non playing Freo ruckman for looping purposes

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Hopefully we get a bunch of rookies at the suns we can start with and stock culling when the upgrade season begins.
Picks 2,3 and 6 could be quite expensive if the Suns keep their current draft position. Value likely to be had with their mature agers and picks 24 and 29 if they are named for Round 1 and are bottom priced.

AFL Club
Collingwood
approx prices

C Ellis $ 212,333.86
J Hombsch $ 282,291.28
G Horlin-Smith $ 276,812.20
A Miles $ 300,157.81

not sure how much Burgess , Collins & Corbett will be

P Hanley $ 236,050.03
H Wigg $ 123,900.00

AFL Club
Collingwood
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/fixture-analysis-pies-back-half-from-hell-tigers-cruise

RE: Fixture analysis: Pies' back half from hell...…...
As a Pies supporter that is good news to me, it should get the team primed for the finals and sort out where the team needs improvement. Playing against the good sides is where the team's faults are exposed.

RE: The Pies will open their season against Geelong on a Friday night at the MCG – the first of nine Thursday or Friday night games...….
Is there a good SC V/Capt at the Pies? Beams?

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-11-01/fixture-analysis-pies-back-half-from-hell-tigers-cruise

RE: Fixture analysis: Pies' back half from hell...…...
As a Pies supporter that is good news to me, it should get the team primed for the finals and sort out where the team needs improvement. Playing against the good sides is where the team's faults are exposed.

RE: The Pies will open their season against Geelong on a Friday night at the MCG – the first of nine Thursday or Friday night games...….
Is there a good SC V/Capt at the Pies? Beams?
Grundy was the #1 player in the comp this year :)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy was the #1 player in the comp this year :)
Yeah Grundy seems to be the obvious choice, but if Beams could stay fit, he could score very well, if!
Also, at this stage, I'm not planning to start with Grundy.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah Grundy seems to be the obvious choice, but if Beams could stay fit, he could score very well, if!
I did not plan to start with Grundy, but after seeing what a good VC he could be I am starting to think he might be good value from day one, rather than waiting for him to drop in value.
Edit: than seeing $724,000 might change my mind again :unsure::unsure::unsure:

AFL Club
Melbourne
I did not plan to start with Grundy, but after seeing what a good VC he could be I am starting to think he might be good value from day one, rather than waiting for him to drop in value.
Edit: than seeing $724,000 might change my mind again :unsure::unsure::unsure:
I don't mind the idea of starting 1 player > $700k. With Tmitch having to recover from shoulder surgery, I think I might be inclined to start with Grundy (at this early stage)

AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm worried about Beams at Collingwood. Soooo may good players to take points off each other.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm worried about Beams at Collingwood. Soooo may good players to take points off each other.
Yeah, that is a worry, hmmm, but Beams would be pumped next year to perform and would be the Pies best goal kicking midfielder.
I'm hoping he will be stealing SC pts from the other Pies :)

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
^Good points above, especially re maybe paying up for one captain option. Gawn is basically out for me unless Preuss gets an LTI or something (hopefully not), and Titch would be hard to pick if not fully fit.

I could potentially rely on Danger, Fyfe and Dusty for captaincy options, but presumably I'll start a trade least one premium ruck, and Grundy seems like a safer option than Gawn now that Gawn might not be rucking solo.