Discussion 2019: Super Early Player & SC Game Change Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not convinced with Williams. He was an ok D6 for one year but no proof that he is anything more than that and I don't know how he gets more opportunity at GWS with Taranto and Hopper looking for more points as well.
Fair enough.

If he is priced at what I am expecting him to be ( $ 365,358.76) he will be a lock.

16 Rookies @ $ 125,000.00 = $ 2 million , leaves a average of $ 571,428.57 for 14 players , so certainly need to find some "value" starters somewhere.

Lloyd , Laird , Sicily , Simpson over that , Whitfield close.
Dangerfield over , Westhoff , Menegola , Smith , Heeney , Gray etc close enough.

I certainly will need to find 3-4 mid price value players to start to afford premiums.

AFL Club
Collingwood
what round will people be whinging about Ross Lyon re Sturt , Valente , Shultz , Newly ?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Danger and Heeney are the only two I would be confident of being forward keepers but their could be a dozen others jockeying for the other 4 spots. Menegola, D Smith, Dunkley, Wingard, T Kelly, T Lynch, Hawkins, Franklin, Gunston, De Goey will all be close or could fill a role if they drop in price. I'm not as bullish on Robbie Gray as others. He averaged 88 after the bye and doesn't have a guaranteed spot in the midfield rotations.
There are also a heap of mature age rookies in the forward line and Daniher, Fasolo and Setterfield if they are cheap. At this point I'm unlikely to load up on too many forward premiums and maybe start Danger in the midfield so as not to paint myself into a corner. Still can't see a spot for any speculative picks but if I was going to take one it would probably be Tom Lynch because of his ceiling and the rnd 14 bye.
Danger (F,M) in the mids, D Smith(F,M), Heeney(F,M), T Lynch and 5 rookies would give some nice early flexibility.
Wingard leaving , Gray may actually get more midfield time.

Unfortunately they are (were) Ports 2 best forward and mid options.

AFL Club
Collingwood
until prices and positions are confirmed

D: Laird , Whitfield , Docherty , Williams + 4

M: Dangerfield , Fyfe , Kelly , Yeo , (2 from Crouch/Liberatore/Hanneberry/Miles) , Setterfield , Stocker + 3

R: Grundy , Nankervis (Meek)

F: Smith , Heeney , Wingard + 5

AFL Club
Melbourne
Fair enough.

If he is priced at what I am expecting him to be ( $ 365,358.76) he will be a lock.

16 Rookies @ $ 125,000.00 = $ 2 million , leaves a average of $ 571,428.57 for 14 players , so certainly need to find some "value" starters somewhere.

Dangerfield over , Westhoff , Menegola , Smith , Heeney , Gray etc close enough.

I certainly will need to find 3-4 mid price value players to start to afford premiums.
I'm not sure about Simpson in 2019. He was good this year, but in 2017 when Docherty was playing well, Simmo looked like he was on the way out. I reckon in 2019 (2 years on) with Simmo getting older, he wont be the scorer you would want him to be (plus he will be expensive off the back of a good 2018)

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm not sure about Simpson in 2019. He was good this year, but in 2017 when Docherty was playing well, Simmo looked like he was on the way out. I reckon in 2019 (2 years on) with Simmo getting older, he wont be the scorer you would want him to be (plus he will be expensive off the back of a good 2018)
Won't be in my side , was just highlighting how expensive the Premiums will be next year.

AFL Club
Essendon
until prices and positions are confirmed

D: Laird , Whitfield , Docherty , Williams + 4

M: Dangerfield , Fyfe , Kelly , Yeo , (2 from Crouch/Liberatore/Hanneberry/Miles) , Setterfield , Stocker + 3

R: Grundy , Nankervis (Meek)

F: Smith , Heeney , Wingard + 5
I agree with most of these picks, I would personally avoid Hannebery though, I think he's cooked. I will be picking Yeo as a pod as well, I think he can average 115+ if he plays to his potential, whilst Fyfe and Kelly are no brainers. Personally I would start Danger in the forward line, pick another gun mid and start without Laird, I think Laird's average will drop back a bit with Brodie Smith back despite the fact he's a safe pick. Wingard just said in an interview that Clarko told him he told him he wanted him as a half forward when they first met before he was traded, so he might be one to wait and see on.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree with most of these picks, I would personally avoid Hannebery though, I think he's cooked. I will be picking Yeo as a pod as well, I think he can average 115+ if he plays to his potential, whilst Fyfe and Kelly are no brainers. Personally I would start Danger in the forward line, pick another gun mid and start without Laird, I think Laird's average will drop back a bit with Brodie Smith back despite the fact he's a safe pick. Wingard just said in an interview that Clarko told him he told him he wanted him as a half forward when they first met before he was traded, so he might be one to wait and see on.
Cheers mate , lots of food for thought there.

It is only December 4th so I am sure my side will change 1,000,000 times before Round 1.

IDIG

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Not sure how much he’ll cost but lock him in if he’s out there in rd 1.

Birchall says he is fighting fit again and aiming to be in Hawthorn's round one team in 2019, although he will be on modified duties until Christmas.

"It's been a frustrating 18 months, it's fair to say, but I'm feeling really good, the knee's in a good spot and I'm right to go for day one (of pre-season), so I'm looking forward to it," he said.

"I was close (to playing in the finals series), but then I had little interruptions as I was coming back, so I had a little hammy and a little bit of a groin (problem).

"If we had beaten Melbourne in that final, the plan was to play half a game in the twos that weekend, then try and get back for West Coast the week after, but it didn't eventuate."

AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure how much he’ll cost but lock him in if he’s out there in rd 1.

Birchall says he is fighting fit again …….. I'm feeling really good, the knee's in a good spot and ….. I had a little hammy and a little bit of a groin (problem)…….."
Tempting.
Is he what you call injury prone (knee, hammy & groin) :)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Lighter and fitter Mumford ready for 2019

GWS Academy Director John Quinn has given an update on Shane Mumford and how he’s kept himself in a condition capable of seeing him return to AFL level.

The Giants picked up Mumford as part of the new supplemental selection period after the ruckman retired at the end of 2017...……..“He’s kept himself in really good shape...….He’s dropped a bit of weight and looks in great shape. His strength levels are up...……he’s been able to maintain his fitness and he trained a lot with the players last year whilst he was coaching.”

Mumford has been suspended for the first two games of the 2019 season ………...

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/12/04/lighter-and-fitter-mumford-ready-for-2019/

Fair enough.

Brouch?
Libba?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Zac Williams , Roberton , Brodie Smith , Hanley (?) , Birchall (?)
Brad Crouch , Hanneberry , Liberatore , Miles
Greene , Joe Daniher

off the top of my head

will need 3 at least

Last edited:
AFL Club
Sydney
A plea to all - is it asking too much to reduce confusion and positively identify players? Easy to seperate but pleasing to note whether you are referring to B Crouch or M Crouch.

However, more troublesome is identifying a defender as Williams. Do you mean B Williams (doggies - my favourite to break out in 2019), M Williams (norths) or Z Williams (gws)? While there are only 3*Williams there are 12*Smith, let's be clear as to whom you are referring. Thank you for your help.

AFL Club
Essendon
A plea to all - is it asking too much to reduce confusion and positively identify players? Easy to seperate but pleasing to note whether you are referring to B Crouch or M Crouch.

However, more troublesome is identifying a defender as Williams. Do you mean B Williams (doggies - my favourite to break out in 2019), M Williams (norths) or Z Williams (gws)? While there are only 3*Williams there are 12*Smith, let's be clear as to whom you are referring. Thank you for your help.
Zilliams, Deemith and Brouch

AFL Club
Collingwood
Cats assistant Matthew Knights said "...…….we should’ve performed better as a midfield group last year (2018)"……….he was relishing the prospect of a fully fit Dangerfield. Splitting more time in attack in the first half of 2018, Dangerfield appears back to his best in his first fortnight back on the track...…….."There's no question with the back ailment and the interruptions he had, he'd be the first to say it hindered his play at times,
He's come back in amazing shape. Some of his explosion in the drills we've been doing and the capacity to get around guys and feed his teammates has been awesome so far."

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-12-05/constable-looking-for-midfield-break

Status
Not open for further replies.