Discussion 2024: AFL RDT Dream Team Discussion [SCS RDT Group code is 291973]

AFL Club
North Melb.
Snuck through the eliminator with 1658. Lost the rookie roulette with Serong although I am relieved he has finally had his "spike" game.

Got lucky with my next eliminator opponent as he is ranked 3,500th despite only ~500 teams left!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Is it possible to get RDT BE for :-

Parker
Duncan
Taranto
Smith , Devon

Pickett
Stephens , Dylan
Bennell

Cheers

seems to take forever for rookies to make $$$ in this format.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Yeah Rids (1st) had a massive week, was playing him him in one of my leagues.
1726 for me and lost by over a 140.
WOW, massive fluctuations in scores across my leagues, I was low to mid range but saw me drop 20 places to 27th overall.
Have $200k ish to spend this week but nothing jumping at me. Also have Doedee and Walters to worry about

AFL Club
Collingwood
Hard to believe but Devon Smith is currently 13th on average for forward eligible players in this format.

AFL Club
Adelaide
WOW, massive fluctuations in scores across my leagues, I was low to mid range but saw me drop 20 places to 27th overall.
Have $200k ish to spend this week but nothing jumping at me. Also have Doedee and Walters to worry about
Yeah I can't decide what to do with Doedee - i think I will cash in as he has made good coin. Can't decide to lock in a lloyd or go for a value POD and go cheap on cash for another week when it will be no doubt needed. If stewart has shown a bit more DT wise I might go there but his BE is still massive.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I can't decide what to do with Doedee - i think I will cash in as he has made good coin. Can't decide to lock in a lloyd or go for a value POD and go cheap on cash for another week when it will be no doubt needed. If stewart has shown a bit more DT wise I might go there but his BE is still massive.
You’re in a better spot than me, but I reckon Stewart looks good in this format when his price comes down. 5th by average in 2019 and only 3ppg off third. The 6th best fit def is averaging around 74-5 and Stewart was above that pre injury.

Personally I don’t feel like he is a compromised pick at all, unless say he locks you out of getting Lloyd for the year.

AFL Club
Adelaide
You’re in a better spot than me, but I reckon Stewart looks good in this format when his price comes down. 5th by average in 2019 and only 3ppg off third. The 6th best fit def is averaging around 74-5 and Stewart was above that pre injury.

Personally I don’t feel like he is a compromised pick at all, unless say he locks you out of getting Lloyd for the year.
Yeah I like him too but I think I'll wait until he bottoms out. Thinking a different direction ow and going doedee down and bringing Zerrett into the mids. Hoping Hamill Starcevich and McPherson can carry my D5,6 between them for a but and i get a gun who has had his bye...only 7% of teams too is nice....this leaves me with 29 out of 30 playing too which hopefully helps through the byes

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I like him too but I think I'll wait until he bottoms out. Thinking a different direction ow and going doedee down and bringing Zerrett into the mids. Hoping Hamill Starcevich and McPherson can carry my D5,6 between them for a but and i get a gun who has had his bye...only 7% of teams too is nice....this leaves me with 29 out of 30 playing too which hopefully helps through the byes
That makes sense. I suspect you’re all over the Doedee newsflow, but I’m just catching up and I gather it’s sounding potentially a lot better than it looked on the weekend.

Merrett used to be almost best in the comp in this format, but seems to be quite up and down and I gather Shiel/his CBAs may be linked and/or a factor. There are plenty of Dons fans to give another opinion if needed though!

AFL Club
Fremantle

Don’t suppose either of you gentlemen would have Stewart’s BE handy?

Thanks in advance

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m sitting at 473 here after a good round (weekly rank 190).

Have Doedee too and only cover is his mate McAsey.

I wanted to upgrade Williamson to Crisp this round. Seems to fit the “buy low” category and he was a good trade in for me in RDT last season.

That doesn’t leave me much cash to trade out Doedee.

So was thinking of just holding Doedee. If he and Brander both don’t play, I’d just trade Brander to Ling and play him. Trades are tight in this comp, and without the extra trades don’t think i would’ve finished my side. I still need to make 3 mid upgrades....

AFL Club
Adelaide
Am I crazy to think I can hold Walters and Doedee these next few
I don't think so provided you have ways of improving your team around them. I get why you want to be aggressive though given your good rank. we only have so many trades in this format and many (me included!) likely will burn through the majority in the next month....i expect doedee misses this week but probably plays the rest (just guessing) and walters could be fine after his bye.

I think the risk of not trading is that we are given another 4 in the future and those coaches who have been sensible don't get a much benefit at the pointy end.

I am trading Doedee really as I am being aggressive to try and catch up (currently 74th) but in many circumstances I would hold even if he missed. I am taking the go hard or go home approach which may cost me when trades are low