Discussion 2024: AFL RDT Dream Team Discussion [SCS RDT Group code is 291973]

AFL Club
Collingwood
They must've normalised the scoring some how? Prices for low scoring premiums dont seem to have dropped as much as I would've expected?

Gaff averaging 102.5 and priced at 800k rose 17k
Josh Kelly averaging 70 and priced at 837k only dropped 36k

Which intuitively doesnt feel right?
I am not sure how it all works but I am pretty sure the total prices of all players prices stays the same from the start of the season to the end , so maybe that affects the MN they use each round to adjust prices up and down ?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am not sure how it all works but I am pretty sure the total prices of all players prices stays the same from the start of the season to the end , so maybe that affects the MN they use each round to adjust prices up and down ?
Correct, its all relative.
The total cost of all players has to be the same each round so after calculating everyone's new price if the total is lower than it was then all players prices are boosted a percentage or you could say the MN is increased.
This is why the MN appears to drop during the season (any other year) because the rookies inflate the total cost but this year in RDT it will go up heaps.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good pickup and good explanation above.

Looks like not much changes net net in reality, although some of the intuition changes a fair bit.

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Low key crying coz I had to play you this last round haha well done mate awesome score!
I forgot about it and logged on after the Bullies game and saw I had the highest score in the 4 leagues I was in, pretty competitive leagues so I thought it was a decent shot at the weekly. I think I only had 3 players break the 100

AFL Club
West Coast
I forgot about it and logged on after the Bullies game and saw I had the highest score in the 4 leagues I was in, pretty competitive leagues so I thought it was a decent shot at the weekly. I think I only had 3 players break the 100
That’s a mint score though, 4th weekly! I played another bloke that got the same score as you, what are the odds of that

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I've had a great start in RDT too being ranked 269th.

I think that's @Pearcey47 in at 9th as well looking at the RDT Elite league? Pity we couldn't get NTThunder in the RDT Elite league!

Given we only have 24 trades in RDT, I only made 3 rookie related trades here and kept all my premiums (worked well as Dunkley and ABrayshaw bounced back!). Hanners tracking nicely in this comp where 80s are essentially tons. Houston went up in price so he must be a good pick here ironically as well. D.Smith interestingly a terrible pick so far in RDT with only 60s (compared to 105s in SC).

In total, fairly standard trades of Roberton/BZT/Cavarra to Bennell/Doedee/Rivers. Will do Green to DCameron this round and maybe B.Williams to Sturt if named.