Competitions 2020: IPL RDT Fantasy

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
wow their you go then , shows how much I know 😀

I would have thought most would have traded out their RCB players this round for MI & RAJ.
I’m a bit surprised at how many people seem to end up holding their DGR players 1+ rounds longer. Those players seem to have a habit of scoring well too (I’ve noticed because it has gone against me a few times!).

Morris and AB two good examples tonight.

Fortunately I always planned to keep both on an ongoing basis, given their roles.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m a bit surprised at how many people seem to end up holding their DGR players 1+ rounds longer. Those players seem to have a habit of scoring well too (I’ve noticed because it has gone against me a few times!).

Morris and AB two good examples tonight.

Fortunately I always planned to keep both on an ongoing basis, given their roles.
I kept Chahal (only because trading him didn't benefit me DGR this round).

Quite a few are still holding Bairstow , Rashid , Warner + possibly Rahul.

I guess those SGR players that can go 60-70 ish are golden.

I just seem to go from DGR teams to the next DGR team and can't seem to get some of these guns back in.

Hopefully I can keep Archer , Morris & Rabada all season but Tewatia might be a must have next round , although he could be $ 850k ish

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I kept Chahal (only because trading him didn't benefit me DGR this round).

Quite a few are still holding Bairstow , Rashid , Warner + possibly Rahul.

I guess those SGR players that can go 60-70 ish are golden.

I just seem to go from DGR teams to the next DGR team and can't seem to get some of these guns back in.
Yep, same for me. I think it makes sense to rotate maximum capital through your DGR players, but I think I could have managed my bench better. I’ve had 2 BWL donuts (including Ngidi, who scored 100 first round ...) and didn’t pick a WK donut, plus I have over $1m on my BAT bench.

Need to spread my donuts and cash better I think. Was going to do it this round, but the upcoming Mumbai bye and Narine and Yadav not being picked has hamstrung me a bit.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep, same for me. I think it makes sense to rotate maximum capital through your DGR players, but I think I could have managed my bench better. I’ve had 2 BWL donuts (including Ngidi, who scored 100 first round ...) and didn’t pick a WK donut, plus I have over $1m on my BAT bench.

Need to spread my donuts and cash better I think. Was going to do it this round, but the upcoming Mumbai bye and Narine and Yadav not being picked has hamstrung me a bit.
I doubt I have made any inroads into the Leaders at all in this 4 week block (5-8) so not sure which direction I go with now.

Was happy with my starting team and my bench (apart from not starting Paddikal) so I guess I have just been trading in the wrong players , wrong C choices and not getting my bench v onfield players right 😀

Round 9 will probably be a RAJ + 2 CSK

Round 10 I might need another Bat/WK donut + 2 CSK

so all that feels a bit ho hum

probably need some $$$

and then bring in 6 guns for the final 2 rounds

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
I believe all teams have 5 games to go after this - ie anyone you’ve bring in now has the same number of games to come.

Of course, if you can cover their byes, having a combination of DGRs and byes might be more appealing than a series of SGRs - but there is an offset.
Interesting point.

I think I tend to over focus on players with DGR coming up which is probably fine for that particular round , but then sometimes they stay in your side longer than expected and scores suffer in a SGR.

Thinking whether just to load up with the best available players for the remaining 4 rounds ASAP and see how that works out.

Looking back at my Big Bash notes from last season though looks like I trusted SGR players more and my scores suffered , so have to weigh up the right balance.

KKR have another DGR in Round 11 but not convinced many of their players offer that much value (my thinking could change after tonight's match) , currently own 4 of their players and thinking whether to move them on.

Might just see if I can target the likes of ABD , Bairstow , du Plessis , Rahul , Warner etc

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting point.

I think I tend to over focus on players with DGR coming up which is probably fine for that particular round , but then sometimes they stay in your side longer than expected and scores suffer in a SGR.

Thinking whether just to load up with the best available players for the remaining 4 rounds ASAP and see how that works out.

Looking back at my Big Bash notes from last season though looks like I trusted SGR players more and my scores suffered , so have to weigh up the right balance.

KKR have another DGR in Round 11 but not convinced many of their players offer that much value (my thinking could change after tonight's match) , currently own 4 of their players and thinking whether to move them on.

Might just see if I can target the likes of ABD , Bairstow , du Plessis , Rahul , Warner etc
Exactly, I was assessing a similar thing.

Mumbai players look to be generally worth holding past this round (assuming you can cover their bye) given two DGRs in rounds 10 and 12, and that they seem to be high quality players (50ish).

Rajasthan have a fairly similar schedule but Buttler (if not keeping) and Stokes (if not bowling, TBC) are probably 40ish type players.

The KKR guys have been deeply disappointing, with Narine not getting selected after his warning and DreRuss only being able to do so much and batting lower than he probably should.

I have been holding Narine, but think he needs to go next round to avoid a donut unless he perhaps returns tonight.

The top players in the comp (on averages/quality/role) appear to be guys like Rabada, Archer, Rahul, Bairstow, possibly Morris, and then my confidence drops away a bit and you get to 55-65 type numbers with no particular reason to think they’ll improve.

I only have Archer of that lot (cost me $1m and punches out a 2!) so the others will probably be my targets if I can make it worth with the DGR players I already have or want to target.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
I believe all teams have 5 games to go after this round - ie anyone you’ve bring in now has the same number of games to come.

Of course, if you can cover their byes, having a combination of DGRs and byes might be more appealing than a series of SGRs - but there is an offset.
Interesting to see what plan of attack people take from here.

Over the last 4 rounds the maximum possible DGR players a team could field is 33. I imagine that very few teams are set up to achieve that, but there will also be teams that won’t be able get close to that due to their current structure.

Finding the right SGW players will key as I imagine some players will start throwing their weight around as the season gets towards the business end.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Exactly, I was assessing a similar thing.

Mumbai players look to be generally worth holding past this round (assuming you can cover their bye) given two DGRs in rounds 10 and 12, and that they seem to be high quality players (50ish).

Rajasthan have a fairly similar schedule but Buttler (if not keeping) and Stokes (if not bowling, TBC) are probably 40ish type players.

The KKR guys have been deeply disappointing, with Narine not getting selected after his warning and DreRuss only being able to do so much and batting lower than he probably should.

I have been holding Narine, but think he needs to go next round to avoid a donut unless he perhaps returns tonight.

The top players in the comp (on averages/quality/role) appear to be guys like Rabada, Archer, Rahul, Bairstow, possibly Morris, and then my confidence drops away a bit and you get to 55-65 type numbers with no particular reason to think they’ll improve.

I only have Archer of that lot (cost me $1m and lunches out a 2!) so the others will probably be my targets if I can make it worth with the DGR players I already have or want to target.
Was just having a quick look (might actually be harder in practice to manage)

I need to get Pollard to my bowl bench for next round so will have 4 MI & Jagadeesan on my bench.

But that leaves me with Cummins , Gill , Russell & Tripathi on field (none that inspire me).

Currently have Archer , Buttler & Samson for their DGR

So my 4 remaining players will be Chahal (RCB) , Morris , Rabada , Rashid Khan one of whom needs to be traded to a Bat via Pollard & another who needs to be upgraded to Tewatia (looks a must have) unless I trade Yadav (MI).

Only have $ 100k in the Bank so might need to get creative.

If anyone gets dropped I will have a donut , so might be better off trading Yadav up.