Competitions 2020: IPL RDT Fantasy

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well, I got to 4 figures in the end at least, 1003. 2nd lowest in the league suggests another rankings drop. Was really struggling prior to that last match.

Well done everyone on what should be a strong result all around. A couple of bad choices killed my season and most weeks I simply chose the wrong captain, I should have been a lot more competitive, but I did OK for a first attempt.

Edit: Finished 143rd, big drop off from Rd 3 onwards where I was 17th.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
Congrats @Diabolical on your GF win. Toi string with the too score in the league to finish it off!
Thanks Stephen. Bad luck as it was neck and neck for the last few matches of the round. I didn’t even desserts to be there as I think I was ranked around 7th on total points leading into the finals, so benefitted from a lucky draw.

I made a few poor decisions early on in the comp by trying too many POD moves which had me playing catch up for most of it, but good to finish off strong and hopefully into top 100.

Congratulations @Damion23 on your likely top 10 finish (and likely higher once ineligible teams are removed) also @Beast_Mode @Herbie66 and @Goodie's Guns on your likely top 50 finishes.

Thanks everyone in the league for the banter and hopefully this has been a good warm up for us all leading into the BBL. The changes to the point scoring in that will mean strategies are likely to be similar to this - hopefully we are stronger for the practise run!

AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks Stephen. Bad luck as it was neck and neck for the last few matches of the round. I didn’t even desserts to be there as I think I was ranked around 7th on total points leading into the finals, so benefitted from a lucky draw.

I made a few poor decisions early on in the comp by trying too many POD moves which had me playing catch up for most of it, but good to finish off strong and hopefully into top 100.

Congratulations @Damion23 on your likely top 10 finish (and likely higher once ineligible teams are removed) also @Beast_Mode @Herbie66 and @Goodie's Guns on your likely top 50 finishes.

Thanks everyone in the league for the banter and hopefully this has been a good warm up for us all leading into the BBL. The changes to the point scoring in that will mean strategies are likely to be similar to this - hopefully we are stronger for the practise run!
Thanks mate, great finish to the year by you.

AFL Club
Collingwood
1222 Gayle

Pollard & a Warner blitz in the last match helping

Ended up 27th , just lacked those big couple of rounds after Round 4 & 5 to push me further.

Was happy with my starting side & structure (apart from Paddikal) so must have traded in the wrong players after that 😀

Neesham instead of Agarwal , not getting Rabada as captain when Jagadeesan debuted certainly didn't help.

Indifferent captain choices and bench options as well , but I am sure everyone has those.

Just shows you need to nail pretty much everything to be in contention.

Still learning.

Congrats to everyone , very strong league to be a part of and to others that played.

Hopefully everyone will be back in April.

Will check out some stats later.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 800
Rd Rank: 653
Overall Rank: 282 (from 237)

Congrats to all, with a special mention to @Damion23 , @Beast_Mode and @Herbie66 for finishing inside the top 30.

Unfortunately you were all saddled with a massive anchor, ruining our chances of finishing as the highest placed league and nearly costing us 2nd place.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Top 20 Averages

Holder * 74.2
Saha (WK) 72
Archer 70
Morris 65.3
Rahul (WK) 63.9
Gowtham 63.5
Rabada 63.1
Bumrah 61.5
Tewatia 61.3
de Kock (WK) 59.7

Rashid Khan 58.6
Stokes 58.4
Agarwal 57.4
Warner 57.2
Ngidi 56.3
Ferguson 55.6
du Plessis 54.1
Boult 53.7
Gayle 52,9
Bairstow (WK) 52.2
I think I owned 12 of them at one point or another, with some of those I missed only playing a few games.

Just a pity I didn’t own the 12 for longer!

AFL Club
Essendon
Score: 800
Rd Rank: 653
Overall Rank: 282 (from 237)

Congrats to all, with a special mention to @Damion23 , @Beast_Mode and @Herbie66 for finishing inside the top 30.

Unfortunately you were all saddled with a massive anchor, ruining our chances of finishing as the highest placed league and nearly costing us 2nd place.
You weren’t an anchor!

You kept trying until the end despite things going against you. It happens to us all - the further we fall behind, the more we look to change it up in an effort to catch up - often falling further behind as we are betting against form.

Anchors just give up!