Competitions 2020 SCS Golf - Coll v Port #74

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Myself and @Beg2Differ are possibly going to run a SCS Golf competition during the AFL finals, if there is enough interest.

It is a simple concept.
We will select a group of players, and divide their possible individual SC scores up into brackets. All you need to do is select which bracket you think that player will score in.
If you get it spot on, you score an Eagle (-2)
If you are one bracket off, you score a Birdie (-1)
If you are two brackets off, you score a Par (0)
If you are three brackets off, you score a Bogey (+1)
If you are 4 or more brackets off, you score a Double Bogey (+2)

Here is an example of how 2 of the players might look. The yellow area is just to indicate the midpoint:

SCS2020GolfTrial1.png

During Rnd 18 B2D and I will be fine tuning the bracket sizes etc, so it would help us if you gave it try, so we can get it right for when the finals start.

Entries are only accepted on the presscribed form, and will not be accepted in posts here, or by DM.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have entered, good to see this return.

I am going to say that so far I prefer how this works this year to last years version, which was guessing under or over a particular score, although that may be mostly as I came last overall last year. Once I see some results I may change my mind. :)

AFL Club
North Melb.
Like Flynn.

Pretty sure I ended up accidentally hitting the up to 300 bucket for Zurhaar, but as a trial run I’ll leave it as is!
No worries, but one of the key things we want to see in the trial is how similar or different the selections are. Therefore we would request people make a genuine selection rather than just pick any old range because it is a trial.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
No worries, but one of the key things we want to see in the trial is how similar or different the selections are. Therefore we would request people make a genuine selection rather than just pick any old range because it is a trial.
That makes sense. All my other selections are genuine best guesses, and had it been anyone other than the last pick I probably would have had an extra half second to pick up the error before submitting!