Competitions 2024 SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge

AFL Club
Collingwood
All about the Bombers this week with @hunterpunter helping his team to fly to the up [pause] up [pause] to lead the [say quickly] SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge; @Eagling had a great weekend seeing his team smash the Pies and his SC team smash the 2400 barrier; @Mudflap provides a little ray of sunshine for us embattled Shinboners by placing 3rd for the week.

Note that the highest scorer in the group this week was from a team named Yeah Na Cheers which was not a team I was able to match against a SCS member.

The Bombers now take over the overall lead from the Blues who held it for 4 weeks. @Crippa managed a solid score for the Blues but could only manage 7th for the week as they drop to 2nd. @jarveg salvaged something for the Magpies this week as he placed 4th for the week and helped them into the top 3 for the first time albeit 115 points behind 2nd.

View attachment 19247
That is weird , I read an article on the Internet the other day about tips from a coach who's team was Yeah Na Cheers.

He won the weekly prize in Round 5 , 2018 from memory.

AFL Club
Collingwood
The article is on honeyball.com.au

Top 1000 finishes the last 2 seasons.

AFL Club
North Melb.
No need to change the colour scheme this week as the Bombers put in another stellar week this time courtesy of @Philzsay who scored a massive 2577 points. I get a nosebleed just thinking about that sort of score. Thankfully the Hawks finished second through @sven_inc because this gets right up my nose (and stops the blood flow). Port Adelaide join the party this week through @PowerBrokers to record their highest finish of the year.

Essendon now skip out to a 119 point lead from the Blues who managed a creditable 5th for the week through @kakarot. This Pies are the best of the rest 114 points further back after @Courtesans assisted them to 4th place this week.

1596375758852.png

AFL Club
North Melb.
@Zim^zuM gives the Bulldogs a little of taste of joy in the SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge with victory in round 10 with a score that was 28 points better than any other club. @Couch Coach gives the Pies second place with Port Adelaide gaining a second consecutive podium finish courtesy of @chewylizard.

The Bombers till hold sway after @frosty1 helped them to 6th place for the week. The Blues narrowed the margin by a single point after @Crippa took 5th and Collingwood maintain 3rd albeit 69 point further back after their 2nd place this week.

1596891672372.png

AFL Club
North Melb.
@The Underdogs gives the Saints a third visit to the top step of the podium for the year with a score of 2301 which was 14 better than @Zimmer was able to provide for the Dons. @Beijing_Sting gives the Lions their highest finish for the year taking 3rd just 3 points further back.

Essendon appear untouchable as they continue to lead the overall by a margin that has ballooned out to 211 points. @Rockydunlop helps the Pies move up to 2nd displacing the Blues who drop to 3rd after @Crippa could only get them to 15th for the week with a score of 2107 (gee even I beat that score...).

1597377784581.png

AFL Club
North Melb.
@The Underdogs top scores in the SCS group for a second consecutive week which is a phenomenal effort in itself and it has the fringe benefit of given the Saints a second consecutive victory in the SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge. @THCLT tried in vain to get his Roo Boys up but alas fell 24 points short. @jaca gave the Swanees their best finish since round 1 when he led them to 2nd by placing 3rd this week.

@baz_machine helped the Bombers to maintain top spot despite only placing 10th this week. @Brettthejett helped the Pies to 9th and did narrow the gap by 9 points. @Slammer was best for the Blues and they hold 3rd after placing 4th for the week but did narrow the gap to top stop by 68 points in the process.

1597749669910.png

AFL Club
North Melb.
I am sure @jarveg 's achievement this week was only as a result of his true motivation to lead his Pies to victory in the SCS One-eyed Club Challenge. He put the rest of us in the shade with a whopping 110 point victory over @bomberboy representing those pesky (yet consistent) Bombers. @doc ron led his Hawks on to the podium this week taking 3rd 25 points further back.

The Bombers still lead pretty comfortably however the Magpie shadow does loom large after @jarveg heroics moved his team to within 92 points. @stephen got his Saints up to 3rd overall after placing 4th for the round and knocking the Blues out of the top 3 for the first time this year.

1598348213658.png

AFL Club
North Melb.
@Blaze manages to achieve something that his team has not been able to you yet......A WIN!!!! Even if Adelaide can't get up for a win this year then hopefully they can rest easy that they have achieved the next best thing with a 40 point win in the SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge. In a week for the Croweaters @Tex guides his Port Adelaide to second whilst those annoying Bombers simply refuse to have a bad week placing 3rd just 3 points back thanks to @nath_99.

The colour coding remains the same in the overall table as the Bombers extend their lead slightly out to 95 points however the Pies keep hanging around thanks to @Babylove placing 4th for the week. The Saints maintain 3rd despite @Snowman only getting them up to 8th this week. Dishonourable mention this week to the Tigers who despite being relatively well represented in this comp are currently only placed 14th. I think I can hear them weeping into their Premiership Cups.

1598860603818.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
North Melb.
So those pesky Bombers continue to make a mockery of this competitions by having yet another representative step up to take them to the round victory. This time it was @jbar who top scored in the group and took the victory by 17 points over the @bunlit led Kangaroos. @Nick T assists his Lions to their highest rank for the season finishing 3rd 5 points further back.

Overall Essendon extend their lead out to 151 and will be difficult to topple with just 3 rounds to go. The Magpies retain second after @simonoz placed them 7th for the round. North Melbourne get into the top 3 for the first time this year thanks to @bunlit. In a horrible year on field for the Shinboners at least their Supercoachers are flying to flag to uphold a bit of respectability.

1599295788955.png

AFL Club
North Melb.
The Weagles take a trip to the top end of the leaderboard with @Misky getting them a victory in round 16 by the smallest possible margin. Former GC winner @Dimmawit steered his Tigers into 2nd place while @Rockydunlop got the Pies up into 3rd just 8 points further back.

Note that the highest score in the group this week was 2238 by a team called BD Legends which was a team I was not able to match up with a SCS name.

Overall the Bombers are on autopilot still enjoying a 147 point lead over the Pies thanks to a 4th place this week achieved by @Philzsay. The Pies did narrow gap slight with their 3rd week however the Bombers would really have to have a serious depressurisation to lose it from here. The Roos still hold onto 3rd, albeit a long way back, as @Bontempele got them into 7th this week.

1599732863123.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Weagles take a trip to the top end of the leaderboard with @Misky getting them a victory in round 16 by the smallest possible margin. Former GC winner @Dimmawit steered his Tigers into 2nd place while @Rockydunlop got the Pies up into 3rd just 8 points further back.

Note that the highest score in the group this week was 2238 by a team called BD Legends which was a team I was not able to match up with a SCS name.

Overall the Bombers are on autopilot still enjoying a 147 point lead over the Pies thanks to a 4th place this week achieved by @Philzsay. The Pies did narrow gap slight with their 3rd week however the Bombers would really have to have a serious depressurisation to lose it from here. The Roos still hold onto 3rd, albeit a long way back, as @Bontempele got them into 7th this week.

View attachment 21399
Not that it matters much, BD Legends is a St Kilda supporter. You can filter the rankings on the SC site by club and find them that way. If someone had enough free time I guess they could find out who everyone supported this way...

No idea of their SCS name though.

20200915_101439.jpg

AFL Club
North Melb.
[Deep breath here goes] After successfully avoiding this very situation for almost the whole season (so close) unfortunately I have little choice to acknowledge that the Hawks have triumphed in round 17 of the SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge thanks to @doc ron. Collingwood takes 2nd some 58 points back with the Roos salvaging some pride by taking 3rd thanks to @bunlit, a further 3 points back.

It would take some type of calamity for the Bombers not to be crowned the inaugural winner of the SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge as @hunterpunter helped them to 4th place this week and a 128 point lead going into the final round. One of the Magpies supporter would need to have a massive final round to bridge that gap but where there is life there is hope. At least the Roos currently hold down 3rd overall (1 place ahead of the Hawks) and have a good chance of a podium finish.

A moment of self-indulgence if I might in that heading into the final game with a score of 2387 and 2 players to go (Adams & Rankine) I thought I might be a good chance of representing my own team in this comp. However after they provided me a grand total of 95 points I limped to 2482 which was only good enough for 5th amongst Roos supporters.

1600174044313.png

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
[Deep breath here goes] After successfully avoiding this very situation for almost the whole season (so close) unfortunately I have little choice to acknowledge that the Hawks have triumphed in round 17 of the SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge thanks to @doc ron. Collingwood takes 2nd some 58 points back with the Roos salvaging some pride by taking 3rd thanks to @bunlit, a further 3 points back.

It would take some type of calamity for the Bombers not to be crowned the inaugural winner of the SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge as @hunterpunter helped them to 4th place this week and a 128 point lead going into the final round. One of the Magpies supporter would need to have a massive final round to bridge that gap but where there is life there is hope. At least the Roos currently hold down 3rd overall (1 place ahead of the Hawks) and have a good chance of a podium finish.

A moment of self-indulgence if I might in that heading into the final game with a score of 2387 and 2 players to go (Adams & Rankine) I thought I might be a good chance of representing my own team in this comp. However after they provided me a grand total of 95 points I limped to 2482 which was only good enough for 5th amongst Roos supporters.

View attachment 21572
I think that second table may be broken (and the colours are nowhere near as nice as the table above), the teams and SCS names don't seem to align.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I think that second table may be broken (and the colours are nowhere near as nice as the table above), the teams and SCS names don't seem to align.
Thanks @Ironhawk. Clearly thrown by the Hawks victory.

In reality noticed late I hadn't sorted the bottom table, dutifully sorted and then forgot to press calc.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

View attachment 21575
Your Welcome. :p

AFL Club
North Melb.
@Mr_Arrogance finally helps his Cats out of the litterbox to secure a belated trip to the top of the leaderboard with a pretty impressive score of 2621. Second place, representing the Magpies, is @Darkie who was just 14 points back with another stellar score of 2607. Tough gig to get on the podium this week as 2600 was only enough to get you on the third step but that was still a great effort by @warewolves and the Doggies.

So the Bombers win the inaugural SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge after dominating most of the year however they did not have it all there own way in the final round as @nath_99 cold only get them up to 7th. This meant their comfortable margin of 128 going into the final round was cut to a final winning margin of just 40 points as @Darkie and his Magpies came with a late withering run....um flight...well you know what I mean. I am almost tempted to leave it there but unfortunately duty compels me to also report that @_Slip_ was also able to get his Hawks into 3rd position in a Richie Porte like performance as they placed 6th this week. Unfortunately that was enough to displace the Kangaroos who dropped to 4th after @Bontempele could only get them up to 13th this week (we woz robbed!!)

Well we are all done and hopefully the comp added a further little avenue of interest for us totally obsessed Supercoachers. My impression is that it didn't quite engage people how I thought it might as I hoped it may attract some good natured banter between the various supporter groups, but really other than my subtle jibes at the Hawks every now again which attracted little more than a nibble at the time, there really wasn't any of that. Clearly the members of this forum are just too nice. Happy to take any feedback but not sure that I would go around again next year. In hindsight the different representations probably had a bigger impact than I thought it would. I wonder whether a head to head comp where the supporter groups are pitted against one another in the same week that they actually play each other on the field would work better. Thanks for listening and taking an interest.

1600761334519.png

AFL Club
Hawthorn
@Mr_Arrogance finally helps his Cats out of the litterbox to secure a belated trip to the top of the leaderboard with a pretty impressive score of 2621. Second place, representing the Magpies, is @Darkie who was just 14 points back with another stellar score of 2607. Tough gig to get on the podium this week as 2600 was only enough to get you on the third step but that was still a great effort by @warewolves and the Doggies.

So the Bombers win the inaugural SCS One-Eyed Club Challenge after dominating most of the year however they did not have it all there own way in the final round as @nath_99 cold only get them up to 7th. This meant their comfortable margin of 128 going into the final round was cut to a final winning margin of just 40 points as @Darkie and his Magpies came with a late withering run....um flight...well you know what I mean. I am almost tempted to leave it there but unfortunately duty compels me to also report that @_Slip_ was also able to get his Hawks into 3rd position in a Richie Porte like performance as they placed 6th this week. Unfortunately that was enough to displace the Kangaroos who dropped to 4th after @Bontempele could only get them up to 13th this week (we woz robbed!!)

Well we are all done and hopefully the comp added a further little avenue of interest for us totally obsessed Supercoachers. My impression is that it didn't quite engage people how I thought it might as I hoped it may attract some good natured banter between the various supporter groups, but really other than my subtle jibes at the Hawks every now again which attracted little more than a nibble at the time, there really wasn't any of that. Clearly the members of this forum are just too nice. Happy to take any feedback but not sure that I would go around again next year. In hindsight the different representations probably had a bigger impact than I thought it would. I wonder whether a head to head comp where the supporter groups are pitted against one another in the same week that they actually play each other on the field would work better. Thanks for listening and taking an interest.

View attachment 21865
Great work. Even if nobody else enjoyed it, I thought this comp was a really good idea and it was good to see the Hawks on the podium. It does seem to favour the more popular teams, maybe an average system could work? Might be a bit hard to implement that though, more work. Head to head would be interesting too.