Leagues 2020 SCS Premier League Premiers: Jibrangers coached by Bomber18

Who is your early premiership favourite...?

• jaca

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Courtesans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bomber18

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Goodie's Guns

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Ricky Bobby

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Erich1036

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Ben's Beasts

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • madmunza

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Impromptu

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
How much does @Goodie's Guns love May & Crisp...and will Goldy & Simpkin be loved as much by @Erich1036 ?
All will be revealed in a couple of hours time.

FLYING HORSES survived an early scare but have nudge his way past Jibrangers to be the first through the Preliminary Finals.

@Ben's Beasts and @Tails (still counting his lucky stars) looks to have survived their respective Elimination Finals.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well played Ben, my boys were flat this week. Spent the last 7 rounds playing Grand Finals just to make it this far but froze on the big stage. Still the experience will stand them in good stead for next sesaon, although a fair few won't be having there contracts renewed. ;)

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well played Ben, my boys were flat this week. Spent the last 7 rounds playing Grand Finals just to make it this far but froze on the big stage. Still the experience will stand them in good stead for next sesaon, although a fair few won't be having there contracts renewed. ;)
Thanks mate. Well done on getting as far as you did. It was a mighty climb to make the PL finals so you should be proud of your efforts!

Goodie's Guns

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How much does @Goodie's Guns love May & Crisp...and will Goldy & Simpkin be loved as much by @Erich1036 ?
All will be revealed in a couple of hours time.

FLYING HORSES survived an early scare but have nudge his way past Jibrangers to be the first through the Preliminary Finals.

@Ben's Beasts and @Tails (still counting his lucky stars) looks to have survived their respective Elimination Finals.
Clarry, Steven and Crispy have come from the clouds and somehow got me a reasonably comfy victory in the end, 90 points is heaps compared to some of my efforts earlier in the season. When Erich had Danger go large, and Tim Kelly produce his best performance for the last month (within the first half) I thought I was cooked, particularly when my early PODs didn't deliver anything to write home about.

Good game @Erich1036. I was worried you might have pulled another trade out late with Greenwood or McDonald.

AFL Club
Essendon
Clarry, Steven and Crispy have come from the clouds and somehow got me a reasonably comfy victory in the end, 90 points is heaps compared to some of my efforts earlier in the season. When Erich had Danger go large, and Tim Kelly produce his best performance for the last month (within the first half) I thought I was cooked, particularly when my early PODs didn't deliver anything to write home about.

Good game @Erich1036. I was worried you might have pulled another trade out late with Greenwood or McDonald.
Nothing was going to save me after your final unique trio of May, Oliver and Crisp went off! Thoroughly deserved victory mate.

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
ROUND 14 RESULTS
2,310 Blaze of Glory
2,169 FLYING HORSES
2,167 Beasts FC

Firstly, massive congrats to @Blaze who notched up a lazy 2,310 for the 92nd best score for the round. The eight Finals coaches are still thanking their lucky stars which is more than I can say for my dear friend @Courtesans who drew that unlucky straw in 'Old Rusty', the round after realising that his PL aspiration was cut short by 0.1 of a percent.

Also the 'Kiss of Death' came back in a big way with all 4 correct predictions! @IDIG

1598836411311.png
Both QFs went the way of the seedings as determined by the ladder positions at the end of the H2H matches which were in complete contrast to how the EFs played out.

QF1: FLYING HORSES 2,169 def 2,111 Jibrangers
Key POD players
FLYING HORSES: Titch C (244), BWilliams (82), Steele (151), Oliver (134)
Jibrangers: Cripps C (162), Zerrett (145), Parker (73), Greenwood (118)

Both coaches used 2 trades early holding that 3rd trade for a possible last minute strike to get that all important victory.
Jibrangers started strong with some intent after Zerrett's performance, however, under par scores from Naitanui & Parker on top of Cripps (c) meant that even Greenwood heroic left him just short. Had he went Grundy instead of Cripps for captain, the margin would've only been a mere 12 points in the end. Sho has a round to assess his options and is happy to have a second chance which looked unlikely until the very last H2H round.
FLYING HORSES was in a fortunate position to be able to wait & see which trigger he should pull if and when needed. He decided to press the Neale to JKelly button in response to Zerrett which was a disaster in hindsight and would've rocked his confidence levels. Steele and Oliver produced stellar performances to calm his nerves somewhat. A just reward for a great season thus far.

QF2: Goodie's Guns 2,052 def 1,961 Caleb's Kings
Key POD Players
Goodie's Guns: May (149), Oliver (134), Crisp (125)
Caleb's Kings: Macrae C (192), TKelly (118), Danger (132)

Both coaches used 2 trades for this match.
TKelly & Danger gave Caleb's Kings the platform to secure an early lead although this was soured by his decision to bypass Titch score in favour of Macrae as his Captain. Not sure whether this decision was playing on his mind through the weekend or not but he had absolutely no answers to what eventually unfolded. Like Sho above, Erich has a round to lick his wounds before suiting up again to try and reverse his form.
Goodie's Guns saved his best until the very end with May (145), Oliver (134) & Crisp (125) all significantly exceeding their projections to land the knock out punch. Tim now has a couple of rounds to plug up the remaining weak links in his team prior to their PF.

EF1: MADMUNZA 2,085 def by 2,111 TailsPower
Key POD Players
MADMUNZA: JKelly C (148), Zerrett (145), Lloyd (145), Coniglio (117)
TailsPower: Titch C (244), Bont (122), FreoShaw (115), May (149)

All 3 trades used by both coaches for this Elimination Final.
Everything was going according to script for MADMUNZA until Mumford's clumsy knee got in the way of JKelly as his Captain! I feel bad enough as an owner but can't imagine what that would've felt like for Matt. Despite that unfortunate incident, he still had a commanding lead on the back of great performances from Zerrett, Lloyd, Cogs & Riccardi. He was still quietly confident until May produced his 2nd best SC performance of his career. A tough loss for Matt to take but he now knows what's needed in PL and will be back bigger and better in the years ahead.
For a coach who doesn't have his focus squarely on leagues, I'm sure that this would've given Adrian immense jubilation as he continues to make the most of his last ditch effort to even make the Finals. It looked to be an uphill battle for the most part despite the misfortunes from his opposition. TailsPower was an apt way to describe this match as May delivered the power needed in the back end to secure the most unlikely of victory. Next assignment for coach Adrian will be Sho's Jibrangers.

EF2: Ron's Badboys 2,004 def by 2,167 Beasts FC
Key POD Players
Ron's Badboys: Gaff (135), Macrae (98), FreoShaw (115), JKelly (74)
Beasts FC: Zerrett (145), Bont (122), Grundy (127), Docherty (124)

One coach used 3 and the other 2 trades.
The cue was put in the rack pretty early in this match after JKelly's concussion, despite Gaff doing his part early for Ron's Badboys. David gave it his best as he has done so of late with a couple of slingshot trades, however, they weren't as productive as he had planned so decided to conserve rather than to go all out with his 3rd trade. He knows he can match it with the best now and will no doubt be plotting his plan of attack for season 2021.
Beasts FC was just that for this match as he was very disappointed to find himself in an Elimination Final in the first place. Fair to say that he had this match in control right from the outset with Zerrett and never relented at any stage. He also did us all a favour by swinging his baseball bat at the boom box which has been playing at maximum volume over the past few weeks. Ben now has to map out a plan to try and overcome Erich Caleb's Kings in a couple of rounds.

Team's Performance Dashboard
  • 4 coaches inside the Top 760 lead by FLYING HORSES at 200th
  • 2,078 average for the round which sees us hold our league position at 6th overall
  • 10 coaches used 3 trades; 7 used 2; 1 used 1
  • 5 coaches with 3 trades remaining
  • 4 coaches with 4 trades remaining
  • 4 coaches with 5 trades remaining
  • 5 coaches with 6 trades remaining
  • 5 coaches now have a 'complete' 22 Keepers of which 2 have 6 trades; 1 have 5; 1 have 4; 1 have 3
1598841758131.png

Popular Players

1598842234981.png 1598842243115.png 1598842250506.png

Last edited:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
@PC missed being part of Finals so much that he has kindly offered to do the previews & reviews for the remaining fixtures. I have to say that I was so happy to receive his message the other day as that's like God's messenger extending his helping hands in a time when I really needed it. Thanks heaps Jack for your generosity and thoughtfulness...(y)

Just a word of caution to all remaining coaches to be on your best behaviour if you want a 'favourable' preview as I feel that there's a slight chance that Jack's going to unleash some of his frustrations of his own SC team in his previews & results!

AFL Club
Adelaide
Great stuff! If you are going to get beaten, it may as well be a shellacking with a second coat to boot. Great score Blaze. As for you Thanh, the weight of the favourite is upon you..
Thanks @Courtesans if you had got me a week earlier you would have romped it in! last week was definitely the high of the season for me. I will now remain an avid onlooker as the big dogs of the 2020 PL do battle.....those horses sure are flying at the moment!

AFL Club
Hawthorn
EF2: Ron's Badboys 2,004 def by 2,167 Beasts FC
Key POD Players
Ron's Badboys: Gaff (135), Macrae (98), FreoShaw (115), JKelly (74)
Beasts FC: Zerrett (145), Bont (122), Grundy (127), Docherty (124)

One coach used 3 and the other 2 trades.
The cue was put in the rack pretty early in this match after JKelly's concussion, despite Gaff doing his part early for Ron's Badboys. David gave it his best as he has done so of late with a couple of slingshot trades, however, they weren't as productive as he had planned so decided to conserve rather than to go all out with his 3rd trade. He knows he can match it with the best now and will no doubt be plotting his plan of attack for season 2021.
Beasts FC was just that for this match as he was very disappointed to find himself in an Elimination Final in the first place. Fair to say that he had this match in control right from the outset with Zerrett and never relented at any stage. He also did us all a favour by swinging his baseball bat at the boom box which has been playing at maximum volume over the past few weeks. Ben now has to map out a plan to try and overcome Erich Caleb's Kings in a couple of rounds.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Gold

AFL Club
Hawthorn
*Somewhere deep deep in the basement of the MCG a discussion is taking place...

"Did you hear what Gill did today?"
"What?"
"He bloody announced that the AFL Grand Final is going to be played at the Gabba. Seriously, the game that crowns the champion side of OUR VICTORIAN GAME IS GOING TO BE PLAYED SOMEWHERE THEY CONFUSE BLEEPED SWEARWORDS WITH A NAME FOR A BEER!"
"Well that's a bit ****"
"Yep. Add it to the rest of 2020"

In walks the boss.

"Right, you two have probably heard that the Grand Final will be played in bloody Brisbane this year. Yeah, its ****, I know. Its not important. What is important is that THCLT is in the SCS Premier League finals and needs a hand to write up the rest of the games."

He slams his hand on the table.

"Listen up, THIS is important. The SCS Premier League final is the only game in town come the end of the season. Bugger the AFL Grand Final. The victor has massive bragging rights, those that don't make the finals cry for weeks and if you win you are an automatic Premier League selection by Rowsus come next year. Those SCS Premier League finals are important. People throw top 1k overall places to make sure they stay in and win those Premier League finals. Its named PREMIER LEAGUE for a reason. We need a write up to match it. Now figure it out."

The boss walks away.

They look at each other.
"Well, what are we going to do?"
"Maybe get Moving Upward back, he did good write ups?"
"Don't think we can, haven't seem him for a while"
"What about get someone from Queensland to do it? Match where the Grand Final is being played?"
"Who? KLo30? Nah, Qld tourism got a heap of money, he is going to be too busy. Besides, screw Queensland, its a travesty they got the Grand Final!"
"Well, what about a highly respected member like Philzsay?"
"Highly respected?! He barracks for Essendon!"
"Yeah right, fair point"
"****, could be a long night, figuring out what to do. The boss won't be happy if we don't come up with a solution"
"Yep, a solution. Doesn't need to be a good solution. I mean the Gabba for the Grand Final, seriously, its known for green swinging wickets that spin a bit on day 4 and 5, not big AFL matches. That's a solution, and not a good one"
"Yep"
"I mean, Optus Stadium with all the LED lights and ****!"
"Yes, I get it, it was a poor decision by Gill. Now let's figure out how to write up the last 5 games of the SCS Premier League season"

*The discussion lapses into quiet, thinking silence...

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
*The next morning...

In walks the boss.

"So bright sparks, what ideas did you come up with?"

Hand on hip, loud coffee slurping, foot tapping.

"Well, we could do a podcast? You know, have a theme tune, act out voices, maybe even dress up a little?"
"That is a bloody terrible idea. Why the hell would you dress up for a podcast? Besides its been done and people have moved on. Next"
"Ok ok, how about this - we interview all the members of the SCS Premier League and get their tips on who will win the final matches. Bottom 10 for the next two finals, those that lost top 8 finals for the two finals after that and finally the two losers that missed out on the Grand Final for the Grand Final? Ask some questions, get some answers, do the write ups"
"Sounds unnecessarily complicated and time consuming. I like it. Make it happen. Round 16 starts on Saturday"

The boss walks away.

"WHAT THE HELL?!?!?"
"Relax, it will be fine"
"We basically only have two days! Do you even know who is in the Premier League? How will you get in contact with them?! What are our questions?"
"It will be fine. I have been lurking on SCS for a while, read most of the threads, actually has helped me improve my Supercoach rankings"
"Ok, so you know the members to contact but how will we do it?"
"Well you don't live in the basement of the MCG for twenty years and not meet a few people. Been good mates with the Channel 9 commentary team for ages. We will get someone to hack an existing member and send the questions via private message, that way there is an existing level of trust. Trust is very important in online forums you know"
"What? Hack an existing member?! You really have gone bananas this time"
"Be cool and don't worry, I've got connec_sh_ons"
"What does that even mean? By the way, you know its spelt 'connection', the t makes the sh sound..."
"Conn_ec_sh_ons, I've got them"
"Gee you are a **** sometimes"

AFL Club
Hawthorn
*Over lunch involving a pint and a parma...

"Did you chat with Billy and figure out which SCS member we are hacking?"
"Billy? Who's Billy?"
"You know Billy Slater, your Channel 9 commentary team mate"
"That's Michael Slater dickhead and yes my connec_shon and I thought about it a bit and figured out which member was the best to target"
"Who?"
"PC"
"PC? The one you have told me about - Hawks supporter, starts the rant threads, lost his **** this year because he sucks at Supercoach?"
"Yep, that's the one"
"Ok. Isn't he is in the SCS PL though?"
"Yep, which is even better, means the other members won't be surprised if he private messages them. Remember what I said about trust"
"What does PC even stand for anyway?"
"How would I know? Plenty of options - Pretty Crap, Possibly Cute, Politically Correct, Probably Caucasian. Got no idea. How about Pickled Clam - it can double as our codename for this project"
"Sure, 'Project Pickled Clam', got a good ring to it, maybe we should call it an operation not a project?"
"Whatever"

*Gentle clinking of cutlery and chugging pint sounds

"You know these write ups we do won't rival what THCLT does - we just don't have the ability with spreadsheets and stuff"
"I don't know, I've spread a few sheets in my time..."
"Was that supposed to be rude or funny or clever? Because it wasn't any of those things"
"Fair enough, got no taste in comedy I see"
"Seriously though, what are we going to write up?"
"Like I said, it will be fine. I am working on the questions now and we will start sending the messages out to other PL members tonight"
"Nice one, sounds like Operation Pickled Clam is a go"
"Yep"
"****ing good parma this"
"Yeah, Uber Eats can deliver anything"