Leagues 2020 SCS Premier League Premiers: Jibrangers coached by Bomber18

Who is your early premiership favourite...?

• jaca

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Courtesans

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bomber18

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Goodie's Guns

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Ricky Bobby

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Erich1036

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Ben's Beasts

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • madmunza

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Impromptu

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Congrats to @Bomber18 and @Ben's Beasts through to SCS PL Grand Final for season 2020.

Well played Ben, you deserved all the plaudits after your brave decision to play Close over JMartin before knowing that he was definitely ruled out. Anything is possible for your Beasts as their spirits are high.
Thanks Thanh. What a match. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Congrats on a fantastic season and let’s continue to battle it out to see who can finish with the highest ranking!

Thank you for all the effort you put in to this wonderful league. It wouldn’t be the best league in the land if it weren’t for you.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Well done @Bomber18, Greenwood's first term gave me a glimmer of hope but he's gone bonkers since then.

Tbh, glad Greenwood has now well gone past the 60 mark, as I'd be filthy if taking Sholl's score over Crisp (who has now gone past the 110 mark) was the difference in the end.
Bad luck mate, I think I got fairly lucky with a few of those POD matchups in Bont/Parker v Macrae/Oliver on the weekend (although Danger did his best to spoil the party).

Greenwood’s first term and a half had me a bit nervous but he luckily picked up at the right times for me. I was actually happy you took Sholl so I had one less moving part to worry about come Monday!

Comes down to a showdown between the Beasts and the Jibrangers!

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bad luck mate, I think I got fairly lucky with a few of those POD matchups in Bont/Parker v Macrae/Oliver on the weekend (although Danger did his best to spoil the party).

Greenwood’s first term and a half had me a bit nervous but he luckily picked up at the right times for me. I was actually happy you took Sholl so I had one less moving part to worry about come Monday!

Comes down to a showdown between the Beasts and the Jibrangers!
Best of luck Sho.

I’ll just be rapt if I can field 22 at this stage 😆

AFL Club
Hawthorn
ROUND 17 - PREMIER LEAGUE PRELIMS - OUTCOME

A stunned silence echoes around the arena. The crowd favourite has fallen. His winged helm with its plume of horsehair lies bent and twisted in the sand, no longer a proud symbol of victory. The snarling beastal visor that his opponent wears is still closed, hiding the near exhaustion on the face of the victor. On the other side of the arena a similar sight can be seen, the gladiator wearing the brown and gold is motionless on the ground, his opponent in red and black, swaying but still on his feet. Both had been a tough battles, won by skill and more than a little luck. A long, slow shaking breath is taken and as one the crowd erupts in noise - the final battle is here at last!

Goodie's Guns and the FLYING HORSES were well rested and ready for the fight but this arena has seen many seemingly untouchable competitors brought undone before glory could be theirs. The SCS PL salutes them at getting this far. For Beasts FC and the Jibrangers, there is only one fight left, the last one, the only one that matters.

Prelim One
Beasts FC v FLYING HORSES

Prediction - Not wanting to miss out on tonnes of Grand Final puns, I am picking the HORSES by 80.
Outcome - Beasts FC won by 22.

Coach Ben better go buy some lotto tickets, because for the second week in a row he managed to win on the last pod match up! It came right down to the final game with Coach Ben's Miller v Coach Thanh's Grundy deciding the outcome. In a true sign of how wonderful 2020 has been for unlikely outcomes, a Gold Coast mid managed to post the second highest score in a losing side and see off the power of one of the premier rucks in the game. The Beasts showed some true genius coaching though and benched Doch for Rivers for a 94 point gain! You have to feel for the HORSES, held the PL top spot for so long, had the week off, and just couldn't do enough to get over the line. Utter joy for Ben, complete heartache for Thanh.

For once the expert panel were wrong!

Prelim Two
Jibrangers v Goodie's Guns

Prediction - Going against the grain and my head, but I tipped him from the preseason so not giving up now, GG to win in a nail biter by 11.
Outcome - The Jibrangers won by 51.

Both Coach Sho and Coach Tim were favoured as the joint PL favourites in early forum polls, so no one was surprised that it would come down to a prelim to see who was better. Coach Tim started the match well, holding an early lead and drawing out a declaration by Coach Sho that with Wingard spuding (yet again) the match was over. But within an hour, Goodie's Guns was despondent and knew that the ace that is the Bont had done enough to basically win the match for the Jibrangers. It still required the last game of the round and Greenwood to beat a 60 and make sure of the win though.

The expert panel were right this time, proving I should follow my head in all things Supercoach.

Well done to all four coaches for the enthralling prelim matches!

EDIT - the fight for Old Rusty...
Blaze had a good win over PC and Jaca managed to knock out Creeker. Will Jaca get a consolation prize?! Blaze stands in his way!

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
ROUND 18 - PREMIER LEAGUE GRAND FINAL!

There is only the opponent. No crowd, no sky, no sand, no distractions. They watch each other, sensing the strength, seeking the weakness. They both explode into action, pent up energy lending power and agility. The one with the snarling beastal visor hits first, experience and skill guiding his blow. He in the red and black recoils but recovers quickly and strikes back. It is blocked, but a block that isn't as convincing as expected, is there a weak spot in that defence? They circle, trading blows, the one in the red and black striking more often, searching for an opening. He is fresher, feels light on his feet, knows he has had an easier run to get here. The other defends, blocks, guards, waits for the right moment to strike back. Old bruises hurt, but the fight has just started, is a long way from over. There is no crowd, no sky, no sand, no distractions. Just the opponent. Just the prize.

Well, here we are - the only game that matters. A Supercoach season that has been 'unprecedented' in so many ways (see also '2020'), sees us with a PL Grand Final that we deserve involving two of the best sides of the season. Both have great overall rankings and both are coached by two very talented players. Supercoach always has an element of luck, but the skill lies in averaging out the week to week variance across a season. This match up is between two individuals that know how to play the game, know the moves to make, and have the experience and history to back them. It is going to be a fantastic spectacle to see who manages to get the win!

1600421146096.png

So let's have a look at who will be fighting it out for premiership glory!

1600422772567.png

The Jibrangers

What a brilliant season Coach Sho has had. Knocking on the door of the top 100 players in the game, he has improved week on week and comes into the final round with two trades in hand. Strong players across every line, it is hard to pick the weak spot. No Oliver in the mids may hurt, but there is plenty to fill that hole. VC and C picks a-plenty, the question might be the donut to allow the loops, particularly if he wants to use his trades to have a second look at a good score. Certainly in a strong position and probably goes in as the firm favourite.

Beasts FC

Some roller coaster moments for Coach Ben this year. Started very strong, dipped down and has been rising for the last little while. In the top 500 players overall, which is an excellent performance. Has definitely had luck on his side over the final series, just managed to get over the line in very close games, still a win is a win is a win. Not hard to spot the problem - Doch - him being out hurts, but also provides an opportunity to loop Rivers and Starcevich, providing they both play... Mids are strong, forwards are good. Who will the VC and C go to? Key question this week as you feel every single point on field will be needed to get the win.

Match ups that matter

Backs:
Jibrangers [Laird, Daniel] v Beasts [Haynes, Rivers/Starc] - think I would give this to the Jibrangers as Laird has been in fine form, unfortunately for the Beasts, Haynes isn't scoring well as I type...

Mids:
Jibrangers [Fyfe, Parker, Danger, Neale] v Beasts [Oliver, Duncan, Miller, Lyons] - certainly the Jibrangers have the brand names, but it could go either way to be honest, going to call this a draw.

Rucks:
Jibrangers [Grundy] v Beasts [Goldy] - Goldy has a 90 to his name, but surely that is the floor for Grundy? Monday is a long way away but gotta give this to the Jibrangers, just.

Fwds:
Jibrangers [Smith D, Greenwood, Dusty] v Beasts [Simpkin, Smith B, Martin J] - definitely first blood here to the Beasts with Simpkin's 144 on Thurs night. Smith B has been scoring well, while Martin J can be on the sketchy side. All three of the Jibrangers players are capable of posting a solid score. Beasts with the advantage, just. Nice to see both players have stopped the 'negative' Wingard pod...

As is now traditional, we will throw to our knocked out finalists to see what they think -
THCLT said:
It's difficult to have to select between 2 very good mates and I don't want either of them to think that I favour one over the other through my choice, but I'm going to back the underdog in Beasts FC to continue to defy the odds and take home his 2nd PL cup by 4 points. I can then proudly claim that I lost to the eventual winner...!
Goodie's Guns said:
Jibrangers by 43. I think Sho with trades up his sleeve will be in the box seat. Danger can't be worse than last week (can he?), and shapes as a key POD. Certainly not writing off Ben though, he's one of the toughest competitors doing the fantasy rounds, and he'll be giving his boys a mighty pump up ahead of the big dance.
Hard to go past Team Jibrangers - got the trades in hand, got the uninjured list - to win by 60 points.

Very much appreciate everyone that has responded to my questions over the last couple of weeks. I will do my best to post up some of answers that I was provided with over the weekend!

Final Battle for Old Rusty - Blaze v Jaca. Picking Blaze by a solid 110.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Great work @PC with the write ups during the finals series, appreciate the effort and loved the approach!

All the best of luck @Ben's Beasts, it’s the final round where anything can happen so I reckon it’s anyone’s game (especially if Rivers can match his recent premium like efforts).

Will be nervous not owning Oliver this round, I think he’s the one that could really hurt me.

Your gotta be in it to win it trading strategies have paid off, will be some effort if you did get up!