Opinion 2020: Super Early Player Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I hope he does get through the whole season, but as a cow he only needs to get through the first 8-12 weeks ;)

Not sure what happened in 2016 but if he can produce 2015/2017 numbers you'd just about have to lock him in if fit

View attachment 12872
Wonder if anyone will be game to select all of S Docherty, A Rance, T Doedee, D Roberton, C Wingard, S Menegola, D Smith/J Steven (if fwd) and L Franklin costing approx 2.9 million.

Would allow J Sicily, M Gawn, B Grundy, J Macrae, N Fyfe, J Kelly, C Oliver, T Mitchell and C Ward and only 5 on-field rookies (defender, 2 mids and 2 fwds, eg- ?, M Rowell, M Pickett, I Rankine and N Anderson.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wonder if anyone will be game to select all of S Docherty, A Rance, T Doedee, D Roberton, C Wingard, S Menegola, D Smith/J Steven (if fwd) and L Franklin costing approx 2.9 million.

Would allow J Sicily, M Gawn, B Grundy, J Macrae, N Fyfe, J Kelly, C OLiver, T Mitchell and C Ward and only 5 on-field rookies (defender, 2 mids and 2 fwds, eg- ?, M Rowell, M Pickett, I Rankine and N Anderson.
After the season I had this year selecting a bunch of mid priced players - I won't be. I'm not going to say it's a bad idea though if you can nail all of your selections.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
After the season I had this year selecting a bunch of mid priced players - I won't be. I'm not going to say it's a bad idea though if you can nail all of your selections.
Always the problem with the strategy which explains the preference for the majority to utilise the premiums and rookies approach. After my luck with injury in AFL SC in the past 2 seasons, I'm hesitant to select a large chunk of the aforementioned but next seasons batch will be extremely enticing due to their previous form as well as not being too far removed from it.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope he does get through the whole season, but as a cow he only needs to get through the first 8-12 weeks ;)

Not sure what happened in 2016 but if he can produce 2015/2017 numbers you'd just about have to lock him in if fit

View attachment 12872
First time I’ve seen some of those stats ... can I ask which site that’s from?

AFL Club
West Coast
Thank you - and you too @Connoisseur!

I usually use Footywire, which is great, although the table view looks handy for historical price ranges and the like.
the years in the left hand column are links to break down the individual scores and price movements too, TS was the first Supercoach site I ever found, was the only one I liked till I found this one!

AFL Club
Carlton
''Teams were coming to tag him'', that's not what I like to hear as i pretty much had him locked in With Doc and Sicily, wonder how susceptible he will be to it if other teams consider him a dangerous enough player to put a tag on him.
Maybe looking at a tag being an attacking defender, but not sure whether you could do that with him in the middle. I'm not sure on Sicily, whether he plays as a defender or forward. Hawks now have Frost from Melbourne taking over from Birchall.

AFL Club
West Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure about paying $439k for a guy who has never ave higher than 96 and played 18 games or less in 4 of 7 seasons. Those damn stats just keep on turning up in the most annoying ways...
New fitness coach in Burgess, full preseason, captaincy responsibilities off his shoulders and on to Gawn. We could see something that he hasn't done before. ?

AFL Club
Geelong
Ah... the old moving into the midfield and getting more midfield time quote. Comes out every year. Love to know how many times that has been said about a player and it worked out in a positive SC way. Could be an interesting stat.
Midfield minutes don't concern me at all, he was scoring extremely well as the attacking half back/winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.