RETAINED DPP

Michael Walters (Frem) Fwd/Mid

Isaac Heeney (Syd) Fwd/Mid

Wayne Milera (Adel) Def/Mid

Devon Smith (Ess) Fwd/Mid

Chad Wingard (Haw) Fwd/Mid

Robbie Gray (Port) Fwd/Mid

Aiden Bonar (NM) Fwd/Mid

Patrick Dangerfield (left) and Quinton Narkle are both Midfielders in SuperCoach next year.
NEW FACES

Matthew Rowell (GC) Mid

Tom Green (GWS) Mid

Joshua Worrell (Adel) Def/Fwd

Deven Robertson (Bris) Mid

Brodie Kemp (Carl) Mid

Trent Bianco (Coll) Def/Mid

Mitch Hibberd (Ess) Mid

Finn Maginness (Haw) Mid

Kysaiah Pickett (Melb) Fwd

Will Gould (Syd) DEF

NEW POSITIONS

Michael Gibbons (Carl) Fwd (was Mid)

Liam Stocker (Carl) Def (was Mid)

Darcy Fort (Geel) Fwd (was Ruck)

Jeremy Finlayson (GWS) Fwd (was Def)

Justin Westhoff (Port) Fwd/Mid (was Ruck/Fwd)

Shane Edwards (Rich) Def/Mid (was Fwd/Mid)

Aaron Naughton (WB) Def (was Fwd)

Caleb Daniel (WB) Def (was Fwd)
Curious how Naughton gets shifted to be a defender.. is that just incorrect?

AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah just checked, he was a DEF this year... the HUN not fact checking their stories again... the arrival of the internet has killed quality journalism and reporting in this country...
Never thought I'd defend the HUN, but much like I'm sure you make mistakes in your job, so do journalists...

AFL Club
West Coast
Never thought I'd defend the HUN, but much like I'm sure you make mistakes in your job, so do journalists...
Haha, fair enough... my point wasn't really targeted at just the HUN (could apply to all news sites actually) , but was more about the fact with all the news websites that it almost seems like it's the work experience kid posting the articles... so many articles posted these days with basic spelling mistakes and riddled with errors

AFL Club
Essendon
Haha, fair enough... my point wasn't really targeted at just the HUN (could apply to all news sites actually) , but was more about the fact with all the news websites that it almost seems like it's the work experience kid posting the articles... so many articles posted these days with basic spelling mistakes and riddled with errors
Every journalist has to start somewhere.

There's a whole swathe of sub-editors that got the sack - which is why there's an increase in errors. Journos are expected to investigate, write, proof, publish and social their own articles in many cases, and as is human nature, when you've written something it's harder to pick up mistakes. Not a swipe at you, but I think people assume that journos have gotten lazier - they have less resources than in the past.

AFL Club
Essendon
Docherty and Rance look like the obvious midpriced defenders to choose. I might pick the pair of them with Byrne-Jones or Dan Houston (who might be DPP).

I prefer pairing Dev Smith with Richmonds Tom Lynch instead of Jack Steven, unless Steven shows an incredible amount over preseason. Lynch averaged 95 post bye including finals with an even better stretch in there and was not able to run properly early in the year due to PCL surgery.

Menegola, Wingard, Gunston, Buddy and TMac are some other options.

It might be worthwhile picking 3 of these midpriced to go with Whitfield and Dusty.

AFL Club
Geelong
Docherty and Rance look like the obvious midpriced defenders to choose. I might pick the pair of them with Byrne-Jones or Dan Houston (who might be DPP).

I prefer pairing Dev Smith with Richmonds Tom Lynch instead of Jack Steven, unless Steven shows an incredible amount over preseason. Lynch averaged 95 post bye including finals with an even better stretch in there and was not able to run properly early in the year due to PCL surgery.

Menegola, Wingard, Gunston, Buddy and TMac are some other options.

It might be worthwhile picking 3 of these midpriced to go with Whitfield and Dusty.
Mind if I ask why Dev Smith? I know people liked him last year but I didn't, he had one dominate year when he moved over from GWS because the Bombers gave him a full time midfield role, the next year they recruited Sheil. I think they will play Dev as the fwd/mid GWS did in which his best scores were like 90 and injury prone, am i missing something?

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mind if I ask why Dev Smith? I know people liked him last year but I didn't, he had one dominate year when he moved over from GWS because the Bombers gave him a full time midfield role, the next year they recruited Sheil. I think they will play Dev as the fwd/mid GWS did in which his best scores were like 90 and injury prone, am i missing something?
Bombers are screaming for inside mids and he’s about the only bloke on the list willing to put his head in the hole and tackle. Be very surprised if he languishes in the forward line too much if they’re getting smacked in the middle.

Doesn’t solve the injury prone problem though.

AFL Club
North Melb.
My initial thoughts:

D: Lloyd, Docherty, Doeds, Noble, Rookie, Rookie
M: Cripps, Neale, Danger, Titch, J Steven, Pickett, Rookie, Rookie, Rookie
R: Grundy, Gawn
F: Whitfield, Dusty, Heens, Greenwood, D Smith, Rookie

Quite like Dawson as a forward if any of those are injured.

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
I think at 330-350k as a fwd with upside of 90-95 he’d be hard to leave out if fit in the preseason.

AFL Club
Geelong
Bombers are screaming for inside mids and he’s about the only bloke on the list willing to put his head in the hole and tackle. Be very surprised if he languishes in the forward line too much if they’re getting smacked in the middle.

Doesn’t solve the injury prone problem though.
Maybe, but Dev is tiny! 176cm (Even Libba is 183) I just don't think a guy that big can last as a full time inside midfielder against many of todays bigger midfields.
That's why I think he will still split his time between mid and fwd. In the year he crossed to the Bombers before Shiel arrived he had that role to himself and still only put up a 97 ave, I do think 350k or w/e is a good price for a 90 but I just don't see as much upside I guess when you throw in the injury history. Apparently Mitch Hibberd has been bought in as a inside mid after becoming one last year in the VLF, Roos played him in defence if memory serves.

AFL Club
Essendon
Just because of how cheap he will be. Three times in his career he’s gone over 89 so it seems like he could either be a stepping stone or a keeper (with a pretty bare forward line this year). And although he will probably get less mid time than he did in 2018 (due to Shiel and some other additions, young players) he will still likely get more mid time than he ever did at GWS.

Last year he played very injury affected with a terrible preseason and I was always against him as an option given circumstances and price.

AFL Club
North Melb.
Just because of how cheap he will be. Three times in his career he’s gone over 89 so it seems like he could either be a stepping stone or a keeper (with a pretty bare forward line this year). And although he will probably get less mid time than he did in 2018 (due to Shiel and some other additions, young players) he will still likely get more mid time than he ever did at GWS.

Last year he played very injury affected with a terrible preseason and I was always against him as an option given circumstances and price.
M.Brown and Townsend as additions cant hurt his mid time chances either

Status
Not open for further replies.