Discussion 2024: AFL RDT Dream Team Discussion [SCS RDT Group code is 291973]

AFL Club
Collingwood
1843 and up 19 spots to 195th

Got taught a lesson by @Herbie66 in our League clash

17 on the park after 3 trades this week and that's only if Reeves plays! All sorts
You have to be unlucky to be beaten by me 😀

Fluked 145th for the week , and now up to 736th

Suspect I hit the wall shortly though

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score: 1826
Rd Rank: 722
Overall Rank: 108 (from 113)

Current trades:
Out: R Sloane and C Poulter
In: T Mitchell and J Newcombe
1623830558756.png

With the cash remaining, Robertson will be traded to Dangerfield between RD15-RD17 to push 1 of Heeney/Impey to the bench and will also need to select a fwd/mid dpp by the downgrade of Jones (via Bianco) to open up the fwd/mid link to cover any injuries later on.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Score: 1826
Rd Rank: 722
Overall Rank: 108 (from 113)

Current trades:
Out: R Sloane and C Poulter
In: T Mitchell and J Newcombe
View attachment 31241

With the cash remaining, Robertson will be traded to Dangerfield between RD15-RD17 to push 1 of Heeney/Impey to the bench and will also need to select a fwd/mid dpp by the downgrade of Jones (via Bianco) to open up the fwd/mid link to cover any injuries later on.
A fellow Gaff owner!

I didnt realise actually how bad he has been scoring, hasnt gone over 100 in 4 weeks and averaging about 85 over that stretch. Circumstances with available numbers sort of forces my hand, but I am going to trade him this week and feel really good about it. Though the Eagles will probably get back to full strength next week and he will start dominating again.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Sidebottom to Langford to cover a donut? y/n

Would give me 18 on field.

EDIT would leave me with 3 trades instead of 4 after finishing my team next week.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A fellow Gaff owner!

I didnt realise actually how bad he has been scoring, hasnt gone over 100 in 4 weeks and averaging about 85 over that stretch. Circumstances with available numbers sort of forces my hand, but I am going to trade him this week and feel really good about it. Though the Eagles will probably get back to full strength next week and he will start dominating again.
Felt a tad lonely considering everyone was complaining about Gaff in both formats so I decided I better join in the fun at RD9 and become a Gaff owner. In doing so, I missed grabbing the likes of Oliver or Steele.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood

EDIT would leave me with 3 trades instead of 4 after finishing my team next week.
I’d be inclined to press in your situation (although I know you’ve been there before - so you’ll be able to gauge the balance better than many).

I would err on doing it, perhaps with the caveat that I’d weigh it up against the points generated by doing your biggest (non-slingshot) upgrade.

AFL Club
Sydney

Probably depends on the coverage you're left with. 3 trades is pretty damn fine for 8 odd weeks but if you've got good DPP coverage to be able to hold 1-2 week injuries from here you'll be fine more than likely.

Be hoping to generate 110 points this week, that's roughly 3 weeks of playing a decent rookie over a premium at the end of the season if you do run out of trades.

Would also factor in durability of the guys you have.

Only other question is what are the Pies plans? If I'm Harvey, having failed at the interview stage several times for a head coaching job, I'm looking at this as my best chance to get the job, going all out to win and that means Sidebottom into the guts and scoring at 110 quite possibly. Or is he already sure he's not getting the gig and just going to be a good soldier and follow orders which means develop the kids and Sidey stays out of his best positions? This could mean that Langford is 10ppg better from here as well as the 110 or so this week you're hoping for. Flipside obviously is on the Langford projections...

AFL Club
Hawthorn
13/1356

with Mitchell, Phillips, Newcombe, Kosi, Heppell, Ridley and Perkins to come
Hope I can drop Dale and Gray’s combine total of 81, that would give me
11/1271

AFL Club
St Kilda
1771, up to 6th. 156 off 1st. Only 300 points separating top 20, so everything still very open.

One trade this week to complete my team:

Whitfield, Laird, Crisp, Docherty, Stewart, Houston (Madden, Bianco)
Macrae, Taranto, J Kelly, Merrett, T Mitchell, Walsh, B Crouch, Neale (P Dow, Newcombe, A Fyfe)
Gawn, Grundy (Reeves)
Hall, Zorko, Ziebell, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D Martin (Treacy, Briggs)

Some obvious big fish missing, and whether B Crouch and Houston can compete with them will determine whether I have any shot. But basically pretty happy. If I can skate for a few rounds without any drama I can consider closing those gaps, but just crossing fingers for now.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
1771, up to 6th. 156 off 1st. Only 300 points separating top 20, so everything still very open.

Whitfield, Laird, Crisp, Docherty, Stewart, Houston (Madden, Bianco)
Macrae, Taranto, J Kelly, Merrett, T Mitchell, Walsh, B Crouch, Neale (P Dow, Newcombe, A Fyfe)
Gawn, Grundy (Reeves)

Some obvious big fish missing, and whether B Crouch and Houston can compete with them will determine whether I have any shot. But basically pretty happy. If I can skate for a few rounds without any drama I can consider closing those gaps, but just crossing fingers for now.
Awesome! I reckon you will have an edge in being able to hold your nerve better than others as well. Lots will be worrying about creating/closing PODs - it sounds like it’s too close and too early for that, still time to be playing with a straight bat.

AFL Club
Sydney

Whitfield, Laird, Crisp, Docherty, Stewart, Houston (Madden, Bianc nowo)
Gawn, Grundy (Reeves)

You have kept that momentum of the past few months going beautifully through the byes. A real threat for the $5K now. Last I read I thought you were slingshotting the suspended Zorko and bringing in the Touk Touk express? Although admittedly I haven't been following this thread that closely of late with my sports brain squarely focused on the NBA playo*** atm. :giggle:

I basically treaded water over the byes, more or less holding the same rank for the past month, now at 17th. Just can't quite get things to click properly and had another captaincy disaster on the weekend along with an unfortunately timed trade which that alone cost around 50pts and lost about $100K in cap. Those little details really make the difference when you are trying your darnest to shake the tree.

Nonetheless I'm still theoretically in the hunt so will have to try my utmost not to get in the way of my own damn players succeeding haha. However everyone in contention has such stacked sides now that it will require a major dose of luck with injuries and captaincy decisions in any attempt to claw back the leaders ... which now includes bloody Bluth Lodge for the 2nd time in 6mths! :rolleyes:

Last edited: