Discussion 2024: AFL RDT Dream Team Discussion [SCS RDT Group code is 291973]

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1870, up to 212th. Got 14 trades left and time to start the run home.

D: Whitfield, Docherty, Stewart, Short, Daniel, Ridley (Highmore, Briggs)
M: Macrae, Taranto, Kelly, Merrett, Mitchell, Laird, Heppell, Selwood (Sloane, Bianco, Newcombe)
R: Gawn, Grundy (Treacy)
F: Zorko, Ziebell, Heeney, Impey, Phillips, Weightman (Madden, Scott)

Last edited:

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
1870, up to 212th. Got 14 trades left and time to start the run home.

D: Whitfield, Docherty, Stewart, Short, Daniel, Ridley (Highmore, Briggs)
M: Macrae, Taranto, Kelly, Merrett, Mitchell, Laird, Heppell, Selwood (Sloane, Bianco, Newcombe)
R: Gawn Grundy (Trreacy)
F: Zorko, Ziebell, Heeney, Impey, Phillips, Weightman (Madden, Scott)
14! You should be well positioned to surge ahead with that many left 🙂

AFL Club
Collingwood
1353 Down to 559 with 9 trades left 120k ITB

Laird Mills Crisp Rich Short Haynes {madden bianco}
Macrae Taranto Wines Oliver Titch Walsh Neale Gaff {poulter Newcombe sharp}
Gawn GRundy (reeves)
Zorko Zieball Langford Martin CCJ Cox {waterman treacy}

AFL Club
St Kilda
You have kept that momentum of the past few months going beautifully through the byes. A real threat for the $5K now. Last I read I thought you were slingshotting the suspended Zorko and bringing in the Touk Touk express? Although admittedly I haven't been following this thread that closely of late with my sports brain squarely focused on the NBA playo*** atm. :giggle:

I basically treaded water over the byes, more or less holding the same rank for the past month, now at 17th. Just can't quite get things to click properly and had another captaincy disaster on the weekend along with an unfortunately timed trade which that alone cost around 50pts and lost about $100K in cap. Those little details really make the difference when you are trying your darnest to shake the tree.

Nonetheless I'm still theoretically in the hunt so will have to try my utmost not to get in the way of my own damn players succeeding haha. However everyone in contention has such stacked sides now that it will require a major dose of luck with injuries and captaincy decisions in any attempt to claw back the leaders ... which now includes bloody Bluth Lodge for the 2nd time in 6mths! :rolleyes:
Yes, I thought about them out loud a lot didn't I, and then I chickened out on both of them. Decided a lot would be slingshotting Sidebottom and that I wanted to be on his side of the POD rather than the Langford side, if that's how it panned out. And I just couldn't bring myself to pay up for Touk with Neale available for 100k cheaper the following week. Still gave myself plenty of room for some bad trades, but we don't need to talk about them.

AFL Club
Sydney
Yes, I thought about them out loud a lot didn't I, and then I chickened out on both of them. Decided a lot would be slingshotting Sidebottom and that I wanted to be on his side of the POD rather than the Langford side, if that's how it panned out. And I just couldn't bring myself to pay up for Touk with Neale available for 100k cheaper the following week. Still gave myself plenty of room for some bad trades, but we don't need to talk about them.
I still reckon holding Zorko was the smart long term play unless you happened to be truly flush with trades. That Lions remaining draw looks fairly tasty so it makes sense to hold him and also get on the likes of Neale and Lyons too. Miller is the Energizer Bunny though and just keeps running all day and racking up those +6s so it doesn't seem to matter whether his side gets pummeled. He scores well regardless so I'm a little miffed I passed on him in all formats thus far.

Interestingly the current RDT leader cashed out Grundy (and possibly Zorko too) or at least doesn't currently have either of these guys atm. Definitely profited as a result over the byes with the cheap points grab there and enjoys a healthy 130pt buffer over everyone else right now. But will those chickens come home to roost if he can't get both back in soon?! Let's hope so for our sake anyway! :giggle:

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
I still reckon holding Zorko was the smart long term play unless you happened to be truly flush with trades. That Lions remaining draw looks fairly tasty so it makes sense to hold him and also get on the likes of Neale and Lyons too. Miller is the Energizer Bunny though and just keeps running all day and racking up those +6s so it doesn't seem to matter whether his side gets pummeled. He scores well regardless so I'm a little miffed I passed on him in all formats thus far.

Interestingly the current RDT leader cashed out Grundy (and possibly Zorko too) or at least doesn't currently have either of these guys atm. Definitely profited as a result over the byes with the cheap points grab there and enjoys a healthy 130pt buffer over everyone else right now. But will those chickens come home to roost if he can't get both back in soon?! Let's hope so for our sake anyway! :giggle:
Yes, I saw that. He also traded in Brandon Ellis, which seems a bit of a dodgy move to me. Hopefully because that's the only way he could build the bank to get Grundy, and not because he's so flush with cash he plans to bump him to M9 straight away. Very strong team apart from that. McGarnagle in 4th seems the other really strong one I noticed. Heppell at M8 but already 23 premos, with Haynes at D7 presumably being looped with Heppell. Haven't looked down further than that.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Alright eliminator matchup this week, tanked last week to be in a better position this week.

Have $627k to bring in a forward.

Marshall, Greene, Dale and Hind look to be my only real options..

Stringer would be the wild card giving me some more cash for next weeks upgrade as well.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Thinking Greene is the play, matchup against the Hawks is gold after seeing what Stringer did last week. Opponent has Hind so would prefer to stay unique, and Dale off a really poor score and hard to trust.

AFL Club
St Kilda
@stephen, your side is killing it! I thought I would make some ground on you this week with my 2,451 but you still managed to top me, well played with the Merrett VC.
Thanks!

Sorry everyone for the brag post but if I can't enjoy this out loud then where's the fun?
Capture.PNG

Members here filling 1st, 3rd (@dylan123) and 4th (@Quasimodo) for the round, with @Quasimodo coming up fast into 4th overall.