2021 Finals Week 3: Teams & In Game Discussion

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It might just be me, but from a few posts you have made over the last year or two I get the sneaky suspicion you are not the biggest fan of Mr Hinkley and may even advocate for a change of coach.... 🕵
Glad to see someone pays attention to my contributions.

Long been critical of Hinkley lacking the tactical acumen required to be a successful coach and the record books are bound to display this if he coaches out the remainder of his contract. Break provided more than sufficient time to plan on how to combat the opposition but as is always the case, his mentality is to back the playing group and the structures in, rather than make any attempt to curb the influence of the opponent. Game plan becomes very predictable and as displayed last night becomes easier for opposition coaching groups to plan against and exploit as they would well know he is slow to react and adjust in game.

Apparent nowadays that several clubs are quite happy with stability and risk averse in regards to their coaching decisions and are therefore not able to take full advantage of the list at their disposal. Very refreshing to see Tredrea, Cornes, Barrett, etc all very critical of him over the past 24 hours but do not expect this to last or more pressure to be heaped on, due the tiresome boys club mentality.

Sickening the credit he and other coaches receive regarding list management decisions and highlights the intellectual wasteland, both at the media and supporter level. Jason Cripps, Geoff Parker and Chris Davies are to thank for our recent draft hauls and shrewd list management decisions and like most clubs this aspect of their organisation is not appreciated nor understood by their supporters.

AFL Club
Collingwood
AFL Club
Essendon
That's good Gawn, now start focusing on the next game please. :rolleyes:
All this Dees hype is not giving me confidence on collecting on the Dees winning the GF. I'm liking the WBDs quiet approach, focusing more on the next game.
There’s two weeks - let them enjoy the accomplishment for a day or two then bunker down.

Mind you, the fans should just go nuts. I never appreciated Essendon’s flags enough in hindsight - partly because we were nearly always in contention during that time, and here we are 20 years later and I’d be happy to see 1 more flag while I’m around, even a finals win ffs.

AFL Club
Collingwood
There’s two weeks - let them enjoy the accomplishment for a day or two then bunker down.

Mind you, the fans should just go nuts. I never appreciated Essendon’s flags enough in hindsight - partly because we were nearly always in contention during that time, and here we are 20 years later and I’d be happy to see 1 more flag while I’m around, even a finals win ffs.
The higher the Dees climb up cloud nine, the longer it will take them to get down back to earth.
Too early for the Dees fans to go nuts, sure enjoy making the GF, but making the GF is not a win.

Essendon are improving nicely, maybe not that long before they start winning finals.