Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Melbourne 2021 - 25 Games played.

2nd halves
Lost 4 - ave loss for the half 3.75 points.
Drew 1
Won 20 - ave win for the half 25.5 points
Overall +19.8 over the course of the 25 games.

3rd quarters
Lost 5 - ave loss for qtr 7.6 points
Drew 0
Won 20 - ave win for the qtr 16.6 points
Overall +11.76 over the course of the season.

Last quarters
Lost 8 - ave loss for qtr 7.625 points
Drew 1
Won 16 - ave win for the qtr 16.375 points
Overall +8.04 over the course of the season.

AFL Club
Melbourne
All good mate, as I said earlier, was watching with my wife, son (who barracks for the Doggies, so was pretty upset for the last 45 minutes) and daughter (who barracks for Melbourne).

Had a few quiet ones, watched a replay of the 2nd half last night, but nothing over the top.

Very happy and very relieved that they were able to get the job done 😎

AFL Club
Melbourne
So were there any MRP issues that came out of the GF? I thought Petracca and Bont both might find themselves under scrutiny for some incidents on Saturday night which would make SC 2022 interesting.
Don't know about Petracca, but Bont has been cleared for his contract on Oliver and will be free to play Round 1.

AFL Club
Essendon
One of the great Grand Finals. It seems bizarre to be saying that about a game that ended in a 74 point margin but it just had everything.

Trac's goal of the match followed by two more goals in the space of 33 seconds in the last minute of the third quarter was something to behold. Probably one of the greatest game breaking moments I've witnessed in a Grand Final, if not any game of AFL.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the game was also bloody well umpired. Other than the mark paid to English and non-paid mark to May a few minutes later, I couldn't remember many howlers or occasions where my ire was raised. Also, I don't believe there was a single 50m penalty paid.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Melbourne
One of the great Grand Finals. It seems bizarre to be saying that about a game that ended in a 74 point margin but it just had everything.

Trac's goal of the match following by two more goals in the space of 33 seconds in the last minute of the third quarter was something to behold. Probably one of the greatest game breaking moments I've witnessed in a Grand Final, if not any game of AFL.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the game was also bloody well umpired. Other than the mark paid to English and non-paid mark to May a few minutes later, I couldn't remember many howlers or occasions where my ire was raised. Also, I don't believe there was a single 50m penalty paid.
Agreed, but they did seem to let a lot go, more than normal. Pickett should have got a high free in the last, I think Schache should have got a free when crushed by Brayshaw in the last.

But I think you are right Overall, I think it was pretty well done 😎

AFL Club
Carlton

Trac's goal of the match followed by two more goals in the space of 33 seconds in the last minute of the third quarter was something to behold. Probably one of the greatest game breaking moments I've witnessed in a Grand Final, if not any game of AFL.

It genuinely was the closest 12 goal match I've ever seen!

AFL Club
Melbourne

Great summary πŸ‘
The Demon boys effectively cut their own Kayo Mini in that 3rd Qtr 😎

AFL Club
Melbourne
And what about Daniel's dangerous tackle on Gawn, could've hurt the big fella! 🀣
I don't care now 🀣

Hindsight says that was turning point in the match. Gawn went for a rest forward Jackson went into the ruck absolutely smashed it, his 15 minutes in that period was probably as good as Gawn's 10 minutes at the start of the 3rd quarter in the Preliminary final, just without the goals, but he had a large hand in 4-5 of the 7 in that period. I didn't notice on the night, but watching the replay was more noticeable and he was on fire in that period.

Daniel poked the bear and the rest is history, glorious history 😎

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't care now 🀣

Hindsight says that was turning point in the match. Gawn went for a rest forward Jackson went into the ruck absolutely smashed it, his 15 minutes in that period was probably as good as Gawn's 10 minutes at the start of the 3rd quarter in the Preliminary final, just without the goals, but he had a large hand in 4-5 of the 7 in that period. I didn't notice on the night, but watching the replay was more noticeable and he was on fire in that period.

Daniel poked the bear and the rest is history, glorious history 😎
Apparantly Gawn got to the bench during Jacko's hot stint, and told the Coaches "He's on fire, leave him in there!".
I know they say all good teams sacrifice for each other, but you don't see it across all levels too often. Really seen it with Melb this season.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Apparantly Gawn got to the bench during Jacko's hot stint, and told the Coaches "He's on fire, leave him in there!".
I know they say all good teams sacrifice for each other, but you don't see it across all levels too often. Really seen it with Melb this season.
Yeah I read that too. Case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it πŸ˜‰.

Gawn, must have gone forward at some point as shortly after when Fritsh kicked his second goal in that period, to get them back within 1 goal or there abouts, Gawn was in the contest.

That leadership shown by Gawn was outstanding, but the great thing was when push came to shove, it was young leaders like Oliver and Petracca and guys like Brayshaw, Viney and Brown along with Jackson that took the bull by the horns and turned the game in 10 minutes of amazing football.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I would just like to thank @Bermi and @Peter56 and @7/11 for all there help with the posting of scores this season , i think every game was covered which was a great effort,

Secondly thank you to everyone who helped with advice on football questions , the knowledge and expert advice on this site really made some decisions a whole lot easier.

Looking forward to next season

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It makes a huge difference.
Not only not having to use depth players, but obviously, the more you play together, the better you play together.
I think it was 1995, when Carlton won, it came to light their back 6 had played every game that season. What a spoil, to not have to worry about that sort of thing during the season!
The unsung hero deserving of the many thanks for their stability is Darren Burgess. Unfortunately, he has returned back home to South Australia as the high performance manager for the Adelaide Crows.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09...ourne-demons-to-join-adelaide-crows/100499190