Competitions 2021 IPL RDT Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Collingwood
9/501

Not good scoring overnight, picked the wrong players. It's early, plenty of time to recover.
Round 2 scores will be interesting.

Pant 35 , Russell 30 , Al Hasan 28 , Chahal 20 , Hardik 13

Do you (we/I) keep them the big guns if they fail again , purely on reputation and what they could score , or actually trade them out to players who have performed after 2 games.

Chahal will be getting the chop at the end of this round.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Carlton

Do you (I) keep them if they fail again , purely on reputation and what they could score , or actually trade them out to players who have performed after 2 games.

Nah I'm going midpricers 😜

AFL Club
Collingwood
Nah I'm going midpricers 😜
Your thought process was fine , just chose the wrong players to start

Do we consider Hardik and Russell midpricers ?

Most of my cheap Indian bowlers I looked at have scored well (if they played) , pity I removed them for donuts , who I will probably trade out Round 2 in any case.

AFL Club
Carlton

Do you (we/I) keep them the big guns if they fail again , purely on reputation and what they could score , or actually trade them out to players who have performed after 2 games.

Depends on roles. Shakib in particular is a worry batting at 7 behind Morgan/Russell/Karthik. If Mumbai are nursing Hardik through the tournament that may also be a problem - and I doubt they're going to be as open with the media about when he starts bowling as Stoinis was!

Kind of waiting for teams to assess who I go with tonight. Currently lined up with Rahul, Buttler and Morris - but I'd like to see who Rajasthan are planning to open with before locking that in.

AFL Club
Carlton
Your thought process was fine , just chose the wrong players to start

Do we consider Hardik and Russell midpricers ?

Most of my cheap Indian bowlers I looked at have scored well (if they played) , pity I removed them for donuts , who I will probably trade out Round 2 in any case.
Not sure on starting donuts on multiple lines, I'm going to play premium roulette onfield. I was lucky enough to have Warner on my bench, so luck will play a major part.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Depends on roles. Shakib in particular is a worry batting at 7 behind Morgan/Russell/Karthik. If Mumbai are nursing Hardik through the tournament that may also be a problem - and I doubt they're going to be as open with the media about when he starts bowling as Stoinis was!

Kind of waiting for teams to assess who I go with tonight. Currently lined up with Rahul, Buttler and Morris - but I'd like to see who Rajasthan are planning to open with before locking that in.
They could very well swap Shakib & Narine out game by game depending on match ups as well.

Happy to hold Hardik , might change my VC selection though with MI's early schedule until he starts bowling.

Agree if Buttler is opening he becomes a lock , not sure if he or Samson is keeping either.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure on starting donuts on multiple lines, I'm going to play premium roulette onfield. I was lucky enough to have Warner on my bench, so luck will play a major part.
Yeah I am not confident in it either , although I remember a lot of the leading players from 2 seasons ago did it frequently.

My worry would be having a late out and no cover

Will still have one donut so will see at the end of the round what adjustments I need.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
5/226

Played: R Pant, R Jadeja, H Pandya, V Kohli and W Sundar
Still to come: A Russell, KL Rahul, J Buttler, S Al Hasan, R Khan and C Morris (C)
8/382
Played: R Pant, R Jadeja, H Pandya, V Kohli, W Sundar, A Russell, S Al Hasan (C) and R Khan
Still to come: KL Rahul, B Stokes and C Morris

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood

That was my immediate reaction as well.

For R2 trades I reckon I’ll be reviewing roles from R1 and trying to get any sense of how they may change in R2+, and basing it off that. I think that’s our best chance of jumping the right way on some potentially lineball calls.

Relatedly, does anyone know of any players who benefited/suffered from a lot of luck in the first round? Ie anyone whose score perhaps doesn’t represent their performance?

Lynn is one (edgy/dropped a few times I believe), but interested in others.

Status
Not open for further replies.