Discussion 2021: No Trades Left Club

In which round did you use your final trade...?

• R15

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • R16

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • R17

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • R18

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • R19

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • R20

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • R21

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • R22

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • R23

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Essendon
I got cocky and used my last trade on the stunningly successful move of CCJ to Newnes

Dusty now joins Saunders as my second M/F floating donut and several other non-scoring benchies. At least I'm spoilt for choice for VC/C loop-holing :LOL:

AFL Club
St Kilda
Im in NTL club subject to AFL and Champion Data approval! I'm waiting for a top up from the Gods!

Was going to drop Langford then Dusty went down!
So Dusty to Marshall this week to put that final nail in the coffin!

Didn't finish the team! Oh well! Not Too Bad.. All Things Considered!
Reference to A Bill Bailey skit attached for a laugh!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7d79Knc8p4

Good Luck to those still punching!

AFL Club
Essendon
finally made it, lucky I had dusty sneak in and guarantee my last trade is used instead of keeping it to watch, langford, whitfield sit on the bench. Awesome bench players in treacy, brockman and murphy standing up tall with some great 20's and 30's. I cannot remember the last time I was so excited about SC finals. :p:p

Wow how could I leave out that incredibly robust SC stalwart called JELLY. I celebrated his unfortunate demise with some Aeroplane Lite JELLY and cream for dessert on Sunday night.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am in pain. Dusty, Greene, Mills and Jelly in one week. Also have Whitfield, and Houston continues to be the most underwhelming pick ever. Keen to drop back to 10k.
Yeah I'm only missing Greene from the MIA list, so feeling it too. I think we've all got our own Houston stinking up our team somewhere with nothing we can do about it! Daniher up front for me!

AFL Club
St Kilda
Im in NTL club subject to AFL and Champion Data approval! I'm waiting for a top up from the Gods!

Was going to drop Langford then Dusty went down!
So Dusty to Marshall this week to put that final nail in the coffin!

Didn't finish the team! Oh well! Not Too Bad.. All Things Considered!
Reference to A Bill Bailey skit attached for a laugh!
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7d79Knc8p4

Good Luck to those still punching!
Yeah well… my entry into the NTL club has now been postponed one week!
would’ve thought after the power outages earlier this season in June (trades locked in without phone or power) that I would learn not to go early on these decisions! lol
With Mills, Greene, Dusty and Langford out this week and being the last round before league finals it’s no point wasting a trade so, we’ll see what tomorrow, round 20 brings!

AFL Club
Brisbane
Well, I'll be joining the club this week with a Dusty trade out. But I am annoyed that I traded Rowan Marshall in 2 weeks ago thinking I was very clever to now have 7 premo fwds plus ruck cover via an R3 R/F. Except that now 2 of the 7 premo fwds are out this week so it was all for effing nought. :ROFLMAO: Fingers crossed Jelly's ankle holds up as I won't have any way to fix him up if it's an ongoing issue. I can see my 250ish ranking dropping away quickly.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Joined this week with a trade of Dusty to Buddy. Figured I would go for a bit of nostalgia, knowing full well I generally like to avoid the key forwards, expecting at least a few dud scores.

I have at least 3 or 4 players well below what I would like, but things didn't go as planned this year. I took some risks that didn't pay off, no regrets though. I will save more on that for the post season analysis.

Final team:

Stewart, Lloyd, Whitfield, Short, Cumming, Aliir (Jones, Bianco)

Parish, Walsh, Macrae, Merrett, Petracca, Oliver, Kelly, Rowell (Bramble, Newcombe, Saunders)

Grundy, Gawn (Reeves)

Ziebell, Stringer, McDonald, Franklin, Bolton, Greene (Robertson, Coleman-Jones)

AFL Club
Adelaide
For pretty much a decade I've always managed to have at least 1 trade left heading into the final 2 rounds of the year.

Now here I am in round 19 joining the No Trades Club with a full 5 rounds to play out.

Given how many people are in here already, social distancing may be a problem.