2021 Round 13: Teams & In Game Discussion

How many players available after trades?

Votes: 2 2.8%

Votes: 13 18.1%

Votes: 25 34.7%

Votes: 14 19.4%

Votes: 11 15.3%

Votes: 3 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 13 or less

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1/130
Played: T Stewart, L Jones (currently excluded)
Yet to play:
Friday: I Heeney, J Impey and N Reeves
Saturday: A Cerra, J Treacy, R Sloane, R Laird and J Steele
Sunday: J Ziebell, J Kelly (VC), T Taranto, J Short, D Martin and C Coleman-Jones
Monday: M Gawn (C), C Oliver, S May, C Poulter and T Bianco

21 available again with only 1 trade used this round, which involved R Byrnes making way for C Coleman-Jones. After a rest last week, Heeney is looking to return to the playing 18 to maintain or improving on his 128 avg.

Decided before the match that I would not bother watching the 2nd half, instead favouring the Semi Final of the World Pool Championships. Given the match result, Stewart registering an 80+ point second half and Albin Ouschan booking his place in the final tomorrow morning, it has proven to be very wise with wins all round.

AFL Club
Collingwood
1/130

not counting jones, with 15-16 premos this week (depending on whether i grab titch) youd hope 43 would not be in my best 18

AFL Club
Sydney
Unfortunately with only 18 playing Jones's 43 is going to count.

Not too concerned with his JS, as it looked like he was doing a few good non-SC scoreworthy things.
Never a good sign when kids get moved out of the position they're picked in and marooned to a forward pocket but who knows!

Dangerfield averaging 77 ish

What's the rush ? 🤔

Not exactly cheap
Probably because waiting to finish your team to save 40k is not worth it if you think he's the guy to finish it with. Would have to be pretty damn convinced he's a whole tier above to sacrifice him in one of the most difficult bye rounds the game has ever had just for 40k or so given you're sacrificing an entire score from someone else.

Basically if say Hall (purely an example) scores 105 next week and averages it for the rest of the year (what you'd expect if taking him) then Danger needs to average 115.5 just to break even if you wait a week assuming you haven't got some freakish team that isn't scrambling for 18. Hall would cost the same price you're hoping to get Danger in for, Danger has to go beyond that to actually be a win.

I'm not saying that Danger can't or wont average 115+ but for 40k on what should be pretty much the final genuine upgrade for most sides I just can't see the 40k being a good reason to push the breakeven point that far out, that's more in the dream result range than the minimum requirement.

On the flipside, those playing only for leagues would be the obvious exception and would wait a couple more weeks.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Never a good sign when kids get moved out of the position they're picked in and marooned to a forward pocket but who knows!

Probably because waiting to finish your team to save 40k is not worth it if you think he's the guy to finish it with. Would have to be pretty damn convinced he's a whole tier above to sacrifice him in one of the most difficult bye rounds the game has ever had just for 40k or so given you're sacrificing an entire score from someone else.

Basically if say Hall (purely an example) scores 105 next week and averages it for the rest of the year (what you'd expect if taking him) then Danger needs to average 115.5 just to break even if you wait a week assuming you haven't got some freakish team that isn't scrambling for 18. Hall would cost the same price you're hoping to get Danger in for, Danger has to go beyond that to actually be a win.

I'm not saying that Danger can't or wont average 115+ but for 40k on what should be pretty much the final genuine upgrade for most sides I just can't see the 40k being a good reason to push the breakeven point that far out, that's more in the dream result range than the minimum requirement.

On the flipside, those playing only for leagues would be the obvious exception and would wait a couple more weeks.
No idea what all that means to be honest.

I guess basically you would want to be confident he is going to be scoring a lot more than he is currently averaging especially if you are paying close to $ 540k for him.

Surely with all the value that the forwards have given us this year most would have completed forward lines by now.

Could be a luxury trade that ends up scoring less than the person people are trading out.

AFL Club
Adelaide

Hinkley mentioned in his post match presser that he was looking for more forward pressure as one of the reasons for throwing him forward.

Take that how you will, could be a coach throwing some spin, or a genuine tactic. Still hopeful he stays around, but as with any rookie he has the potential to get rested/managed/dropped.

He did manage a goal, so maybe that's a plus.

Bottled out of Wines vc.
New recruit SPP was shocking although Stewart was good.

20 playing.

3 / 314 Stewart Wines SPP

FRI- Mills Kozi Newcombe Reeves Impey
Damage limitation from the Hawk players with a low score of 40 already.

AFL Club
Adelaide
3/323
Stewart, Hawkins, Blicavs (new) Jones (E)
I suppose I can run Highmore at D6 as have a full side and being best 18?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
3 with the C on Guthrie 😂
And 1 on Lachy Jones. :rolleyes:
I was thinking a lot about this and wondering if the storms in Vic had anything to do with other things being on people's mind. That coupled with the fact that many in the East and South East had no power for the whole day.

I'm languishing at around 20K and I'm checking my team solidly so I only assume people in the 5K have some other reason to have such a big blunder.