2021 Round 13: Teams & In Game Discussion

How many players available after trades?

Votes: 2 2.8%

Votes: 13 18.1%

Votes: 25 34.7%

Votes: 14 19.4%

Votes: 11 15.3%

Votes: 3 4.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 13 or less

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
I know it's only a game and there are much bigger things happening in the world, and I'm being a selfish, priveleged bastard, but.........
It is frustrating that there isn't a better way to deal with the fixture change. Someone was always going to be advantaged and disadvantaged but the blow has to be softened more than what they have done. I would have gone best 14 and no extra trades. The extra trades are just allowing the advantaged to upgrade.
The funny thing is, the extra trades don't help with R14 at all. Everyone's realised that there's no point side swapping players for R14 when they can use the trades to upgrade a dodgy D6/M8/F6 or cover injuries later in the year and get far more overall points out of the trades. The extra trades just end up being a big advantage to those who've upgraded fast and burnt through trades to date. Many would've only been left with 2-3 trades after bye rounds for the rest of the season, but now they will have 4-5 which should be plenty to cover injuries. Those going a bit slower and saving trades, now end up in a position where they could have too many trades for the rest of the season and will get no where near as much out of the extra trades. As someone who was originally saving trades for post byes, I will be hoping for absolute carnage in the second half of the season (this game brings out the worst in me).

I feel like best 14 is going a little too far the other way and bailing out those who haven't planned well for R14. If you only have 14 in R14, you were probably going to struggle to get 18 in the first place. The way I would've gone about it is to take the average number of Rich and WC keepers that teams would've been carrying through R13 (my guess is about 2), and deduct this from the best 18 to get a best... increase the trade limit for R13 and R14 and that's it.

It is what it is I suppose, and I guess it pays to remember that Supercoach aren't in the business of making things as fair as possible for everyone. Their main aim is to keep players interested in the game for as long as possible, as far as that goes, extra trades is the obvious answer.

AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah I am also in the camp where the 2 extra trades doesn't help those with the changed bye and only benefits those that have traded hard early on. Feel best 16 would have been a better result, would have still hit a couple harder than others but still the ability to trade out a zero and keep going.

AFL Club
Essendon
The funny thing is, the extra trades don't help with R14 at all. Everyone's realised that there's no point side swapping players for R14 when they can use the trades to upgrade a dodgy D6/M8/F6 or cover injuries later in the year and get far more overall points out of the trades. The extra trades just end up being a big advantage to those who've upgraded fast and burnt through trades to date. Many would've only been left with 2-3 trades after bye rounds for the rest of the season, but now they will have 4-5 which should be plenty to cover injuries. Those going a bit slower and saving trades, now end up in a position where they could have too many trades for the rest of the season and will get no where near as much out of the extra trades. As someone who was originally saving trades for post byes, I will be hoping for absolute carnage in the second half of the season (this game brings out the worst in me).

I feel like best 14 is going a little too far the other way and bailing out those who haven't planned well for R14. If you only have 14 in R14, you were probably going to struggle to get 18 in the first place. The way I would've gone about it is to take the average number of Rich and WC keepers that teams would've been carrying through R13 (my guess is about 2), and deduct this from the best 18 to get a best... increase the trade limit for R13 and R14 and that's it.

It is what it is I suppose, and I guess it pays to remember that Supercoach aren't in the business of making things as fair as possible for everyone. Their main aim is to keep players interested in the game for as long as possible, as far as that goes, extra trades is the obvious answer.
I was thinking why not just lock the tigers and eagles players out for 2 weeks and their scores from rnd 13 would count in rnd 14 ?

AFL Club
West Coast
Have a possiblity to take Jones' score from the bench, (yes, have 7 options this week) but will keep Bianco on field and roll the rookie risky ride.

weeeeeeeeee!
By chance do you have kids and this is akin to going on a kids rollercoaster? not that risky nor that exciting, although, you make the noise to make your kids feel like they are being adventurous.

AFL Club
Fremantle
POD trade of Duncan not off to a flying start! His lowest score of the season, great. Hoping he will be good for the run and go back to his ton scoring ways
I’m with ya, leaves you pretty flat when your trade in doesn’t pay immediate dividends. Someone posted about his poor second half of the year record just recently, kinda wish I had heeded the advice, wanted Guthrie but when he was out I went to Duncan by default

Hopefully just a one off and he can turn around his poor second half of the year scoring trend 🤞