2021 Round 18: Teams & In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Carlton
Also sorry for all my whinging and complaining the past two weeks. Things were good when I got up to rank 42. I'm having a big cry that I made some bad decisions and had some bad weeks. I love this SCS community, bunch of legends. I'll get over it, just want to apologise for the negativity.
Last BBL season I was briefly in the money before some really poor/rushed decisions saw me back out of the top 100 by the end. I don't think I was much fun as that unravelled either. Its easy to remember it's just a game until the prospect of money enters the equation!

AFL Club
Essendon
Walsh may be the first Carlton player that I'll freely admit that I like. Having a look at that heat map though, I hope he doesn't make a career of bending the Bombers over (looks like it'll hurt).

This game. Lol. All you can do is laugh. Dusty, Toby, Dunks, Jelly & Highmore (lol). #justagame (...easy to say when not in the running + no cash on the line)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Also sorry for all my whinging and complaining the past two weeks. Things were good when I got up to rank 42. I'm having a big cry that I made some bad decisions and had some bad weeks. I love this SCS community, bunch of legends. I'll get over it, just want to apologise for the negativity.
Come on mate

Give yourself a uppercut , shake yourself together and refocus.

What is done is done , still 5 rounds to go , anything is possible.

Chase harder

AFL Club
West Coast
New round 19 fixture is out - thread for round 19 is locked so posting here :-

https://www.afl.com.au/news/651099/r19-fixture-update-three-new-matchups-battle-for-top-is-on

Round 19
Friday, July 23

Port Adelaide v Collingwood at Adelaide Oval, 6.40pm ACST
Saturday, July 24
Carlton v North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium, 1.45pm AEST
Brisbane v Gold Coast at the Gabba, 3.10pm AEST
West Coast v St Kilda at Optus Stadium, 2.35pm AWST
Adelaide v Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval, 5.40pm ACST
Melbourne v Western Bulldogs at the MCG, 7.25pm AEST
Sunday, July 25
Sydney v Fremantle at Metricon Stadium, 12.30pm AEST
Geelong v Richmond at the MCG, TBC
Essendon v GWS Giants at TBC

AFL Club
West Coast
2321, season cooked. Why oh why did I use my second-last trade to go Whitfield to Haynes. Poor, reactive trading to cover Mills and save my first donut of the season.

Dropped to rank 90 now, Intelligent Design now ranked 91 so the battle for the SCS cash group title is well and truly on.

At least I'm a game clear (plus percentage) on top of the SCS02 ladder, so I'll get a good home final to start.

My biggest priority is still to hold onto a top 100 finish but I don't think that's very likely anymore. To win SCS02 will be amazing. Got some very good competition in that one, particularly @Leroy and @GrainFedBeef who are sitting 2nd and 3rd. Among plenty of others who's SCS usernames I don't know.
Mate, we will be cooked by the time prelim comes around! Some team with skate through with a few extra trades no doubt when injuries or someone visiting the local kebab/donut/coffee shop is counted out. :ROFLMAO:

Smashing it on top of the ladder. Amazing that I am struggling in 1 of 2 cash leagues that is ranked lower than SCS02. Luck of the draw I guess.

AFL Club
Essendon
Don't stress mate.. it always burns more the closer to the top you are! Besides, while some (myself included) can't relate to your high ranking I can absolutely sympathise with decision regret - so if anything, we are all united with you there in one way or another!
@Chumpion thanks so much mate. You're so right, decision regret features every season. It always sucks but we can always learn from it. I often know when a decision is poor but end up doing it, I.e. Daniher to Waterman before the Ess vs Bris game in the wet. Next year I'm going to give my phone to the missus and tell her not to let me have it under any circumstances until after lockout :ROFLMAO:

Last BBL season I was briefly in the money before some really poor/rushed decisions saw me back out of the top 100 by the end. I don't think I was much fun as that unravelled either. Its easy to remember it's just a game until the prospect of money enters the equation!
@mike89 spot on legend. Thanks for reaching out, those poor/rushed decisions are absolutely crushing at the time, but at the end of the day we learn from them. I'm already way too excited for 2022.

Come on mate

Give yourself a uppercut , shake yourself together and refocus.

What is done is done , still 5 rounds to go , anything is possible.

Chase harder
Thanks @Herbie66. As the days go by I'm already feeling better and looking forward to the next round of footy (if it goes ahead).