2021 Round 19: Teams & In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Carlton
I would like to be more helpful on this, but don’t know enough about Ginnivan/his likely role to be confident.

In general I’d say (1) for the first player in a loop you want a good ceiling, not necessarily a good average, (2) Macrae has demonstrated no ceiling in his games to date, albeit he has only played 3 with decent TOG, and (3) role normally has a big impact on ceiling, so I’d probably choose whoever you thought was likely to have the better role this week.
Thanks Darkie, sounds like a raffle. I'll leave it until 2 minutes to start time.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I would like to be more helpful on this, but don’t know enough about Ginnivan/his likely role to be confident.

In general I’d say (1) for the first player in a loop you want a good ceiling, not necessarily a good average, (2) Macrae has demonstrated no ceiling in his games to date, albeit he has only played 3 with decent TOG, and (3) role normally has a big impact on ceiling, so I’d probably choose whoever you thought was likely to have the better role this week.
Ginnivan will play as a small forward taking on Thomas' role. Bit of pressure, but a goal sneak with a good set shot for goal.
Knows how to find them. Scored 11 goals in his past 3 VFL outings (and 110 for the season as an 11 year old).

Macrae may get some mid field time, taking on Cal Brown's role.

I presume Poulter gets first dibs on a wing, takign over from Wilbur.

Tohill as a 3rd tall defender type, taking over from Mayne.

I wouldn't expect big Supercoach scoring from them but maybe favour Macrae.
Macrae had been playing as an extra forward, which didn't suit him. May get more mid time and knows how to find the ball there.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.
Ginnivan will play as a small forward taking on Thomas' role. Bit of pressure, but a goal sneak with a good set shot for goal.
Knows how to find them. Scored 11 goals in his past 3 VFL outings (and 110 for the season as an 11 year old).

Macrae may get some mid field time, taking on Cal Brown's role.

I presume Poulter gets first dibs on a wing, takign over from Wilbur.

Tohill as a 3rd tall defender type, taking over from Mayne.

I wouldn't expect big Supercoach scoring from them but maybe favour Macrae.
Macrae had been playing as an extra forward, which didn't suit him. May get more mid time and knows how to find the ball there.
That's impressive enough playing VFL as an 11 year old, let alone kicking 110 goals. His form has really dropped off only kicking 11 from 3 this season. Injuries hitting hard at Collingwood.

AFL Club
Sydney
Supercoach GODZ - I need Waterman, CCJ or even Scott to get a miracle recall please. Also need Kelly, Neale and Whitfield (less so) to play.

I will slaughter a bottle of shiraz (or other liquid) in your honour later this afternoon.

Cheers!
“Slaughter: defeat (an opponent) thoroughly.”

Godspeed sir, Godspeed.