Competitions 2021: SCS Draft League

AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Try Agains continue their unbeaten start to the season, now at 7 matches. The Try Agains sit 2 games and percentage ahead of the league now, are almost certain to play finals and highly likely to finish top 4. Meanwhile, there is just one game separating 2nd down to 8th.

The Bunlit Roos had their first win and have moved off the bottom of the ladder. Muppets won their fourth match in a row and are now sitting in the top 4. And we had our first draw of the season with Nath's Bombers and Beg 2 Differ both scoring 853 points. Both teams sit just outside the top 8.

1619953731113.png

Overall vote leaders:
DEF: Ridley 7, Salem 5, Houston 4, Stewart 4, Lloyd 4, Andrews 4
MID: Macrae 11, Walsh 10, Fyfe 7, Oliver 7, Guthrie 7
RUCK: Gawn 13, Grundy 11
FWD: Ziebell 9, Dunkley 7, Darling 5, Dusty 4, Walker 4

AFL Club
North Melb.
I have Goldy and Hickey and am willing to trade either for the right price. If you have a gaping hole in your Ruck division and some value elsewhere then drop me a line.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I have agreed to trade Tom Hickey to @Peter56 (The Try Agains) for Brodie Smith. There appears to be some type of veto right to all players. Not quite sure how that works but appreciate if participants could endorse ASAP.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a round! A reminder that just about anything can happen in draft leagues with almost all of the match up's won by the lower ranked team on the ladder. Three of the bottom 4 teams had a win and just 3 wins separate 2nd place and the wooden spoon with 8 rounds still to play.

The Bunlit Roos, Love Schache Babe and Windy Hill Wizard all had their best win's of the season. And Tom's Terrors grabbed extra points on the competition by becoming the first team to defeat The Try Agains.

1620730970425.png

Overall vote leaders:
DEF: Ridley 7, Salem 5, Mills 5, Houston 4, Stewart 4, Lloyd 4, Andrews 4, Docherty 4
MID: Macrae 11, Walsh 10, Bont 8, Fyfe 7, Oliver 7, Guthrie 7, Duncan 7
RUCK: Gawn 13, Grundy 11
FWD: Ziebell 9, Dunkley 7, Hawkins 6, Darling 5, Dusty 4, Walker 4

AFL Club
North Melb.
I am not really sure what I was expecting however got to say I am pretty underwhelmed by my SC Draft experience so far. Pretty much a set and forget league which you are just hoping to get luckier than your opponent each week by avoiding injuries and getting spike scores by players you wouldn't touch in Classic.

You can tinker around the edges with free agent however you are not likely to significantly alter the strength of your team doing that. Whilst there has been basically no team trading activity, even if there was I can't see how that would make a lot of difference either. If you have a weaker team you are not likely to improve because nobody is going to trade you a better scoring player for your under-performers and if you have a strong team then why would you want to trade.

I have been able to pick up Pickett, Seedsman and Hickey as free agents which have been good pick ups but really it has made only a marginal difference to my scores because it just creates a bit of a lottery for which of your fit players you put on the bench each week. It certainly hasn't helped me get many Ws.

This was not meant to be negative however just some observations I thought I would share given this is my first attempt at this format.

AFL Club
Essendon
I am not really sure what I was expecting however got to say I am pretty underwhelmed by my SC Draft experience so far. Pretty much a set and forget league which you are just hoping to get luckier than your opponent each week by avoiding injuries and getting spike scores by players you wouldn't touch in Classic.

You can tinker around the edges with free agent however you are not likely to significantly alter the strength of your team doing that. Whilst there has been basically no team trading activity, even if there was I can't see how that would make a lot of difference either. If you have a weaker team you are not likely to improve because nobody is going to trade you a better scoring player for your under-performers and if you have a strong team then why would you want to trade.

I have been able to pick up Pickett, Seedsman and Hickey as free agents which have been good pick ups but really it has made only a marginal difference to my scores because it just creates a bit of a lottery for which of your fit players you put on the bench each week. It certainly hasn't helped me get many Ws.

This was not meant to be negative however just some observations I thought I would share given this is my first attempt at this format.
I can see what you mean about set and forget and have found over the years doing the Draft format you do rarely see team to team trades. In my experience i have seen more trades done in a keeper league then the 1 season only leagues i have been involved in but even then there isn't a lot of top end movement just the fringes which i guess is the same to real football clubs .

In my keeper league i find most coaches are playing with 1 eye to the future as well as the now, we also introduced draft pick trading which created a little more movement.
Our league rules are-
22 player squad (10 team)
Captain and VC
End of season you keep maximum of 11players remainder go into draft pool.
Draft order is reverse ladder.
Players can be traded during the season for next year draft picks this allows teams out of contention to get earlier picks to kick start there next campaign as well as the teams strengthening for the flag.
Players can be traded at end of season for draft picks but have to be within the 11 keepers.

We are in our 7th season and even though there is 10 teams only 5-6 of them actively trade players team to team , i also find you do have certain coaches that will channel their inner Dodoro which again makes trading difficult.
The big draw for me is having my mates around for the live draft night and trying to find a way to stay in the hunt for the flag each year.

AFL Club
Essendon
A.Saad is looking for a new home anybody interested in the defender ? preferably for a fwd

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Plenty of strong scores this week. The top 12 scoring teams averaged 1,004 points, which would win quite a number of league match up's. That's Deliberate won their 4th match of the last 5 and is a season high 5th on the ladder. Love Schache Baby won again and is now less than 2 matches outside the finals. Muppets have won 6 in a row and Beg2Differ is now within a win of the top 8.

A crucial match up for Ironhawk this round who has scored the 5th most points this season, but currently sits at the bottom of the ladder.

1621335047054.png

Overall vote leaders:
DEF: Ridley 7, Salem 5, Mills 5, Houston 4, Stewart 4, Lloyd 4, Andrews 4, Docherty 4
MID: Macrae 11, Walsh 10, Bont 10, Oliver 10, Guthrie 9, Lyons 8
RUCK: Gawn 13, Grundy 12
FWD: Ziebell 9, Dunkley 7, Hawkins 6, Darling 5, Dusty 4, Walker 4, McDonald 4

Team Change Leaders (sum of team trades, waivers and free agency utilised by each coach across the season so far):
Random Cliche 17, That's Deliberate 15, Wobblers 84 15, The Try Agains 12, Tom's Terrors 10

On average, each coach in our league has utilised 8 changes, with the top 6 teams on the ladder average 11.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Plenty of strong scores this week. The top 12 scoring teams averaged 1,004 points, which would win quite a number of league match up's. That's Deliberate won their 4th match of the last 5 and is a season high 5th on the ladder. Love Schache Baby won again and is now less than 2 matches outside the finals. Muppets have won 6 in a row and Beg2Differ is now within a win of the top 8.

A crucial match up for Ironhawk this round who has scored the 5th most points this season, but currently sits at the bottom of the ladder.

View attachment 30156

Overall vote leaders:
MID: Macrae 11, Walsh 10, Bont 10, Oliver 10, Guthrie 9, Lyons 8
RUCK: Gawn 13, Grundy 12
FWD: Ziebell 9, Dunkley 7, Hawkins 6, Darling 5, Dusty 4, Walker 4, McDonald 4

Team Change Leaders (sum of team trades, waivers and free agency utilised by each coach across the season so far):
Random Cliche 17, That's Deliberate 15, Wobblers 84 15, The Try Agains 12, Tom's Terrors 10

On average, each coach in our league has utilised 8 changes, with the top 6 teams on the ladder average 11.
Nah, my team has fallen off in a massive way. I seriously doubt I win a game from here on.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
....and your draft team isn’t travelling that well either. :p

Go Roos!!
I'm sure the Roos will win a couple more battles against the Hawks this year too - the battle for first pick in the mid season and end of season drafts, plus will get a trophy from the season by winning a nice wooden spoon. That's a successful year alright!

AFL Club
Hawthorn

A.Saad is looking for a new home anybody interested in the defender ? preferably for a fwd
Trades are tricky, but I've been full on injury central with Danger and Dunkley so it's been a bit sketchy here!

But if Moore is on table....