Leagues 2021 SCS Premier League (Congrats GV Vikings FFC)

AFL Club
West Coast
I’m still pretty upset about Bolton, I think it will be one of those 50/50 blunders which I never forget! The saving grace I guess is that there will only be four more rounds of his name in my side.
Yeah me too... My options where pretty limited, but could not have predicted Bolton would be so poor on the weekend. I really thought he'd get Dusty's role in the middle.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Trade Round Up Round 19

View attachment 32871

Trade Observations...
Coach was sweating on Buddy Franklin after trading him in... And then Franklin getting himself reported
2 Coaches jumped on the Paddy Dangerfield train
3 Coaches thought big Tom Hawkins was the best Dusty replacement
7 Coaches thought Shai Bolton was set to replace Dusty in the middle... only for him to score a pathetic 42 points
16 Coaches said farewell to Dustin Martin... Some likely for the last time, lol

Trades Remaining

View attachment 32872

Five teams joined the no trades left club this week thanks to Dustin Martin. Going to be nervous times ahead trying to ride out the season.

Eight teams have just one trade remaining, so can ill afford any more injuries.

Four teams are sitting pretty three trades left.
Thanks LiTS. I too thought Bolton sucked.

Who traded in Buddy? Oh wait, it was @jaca ... :p

AFL Club
North Melb.
So a first ever Premier League appearance ends in my first ever last placed league finish. If I’m being honest I wasn’t really worthy of this opportunity and my absolute historical best would probably not be competitive in this league.

Unfortunately I was nowhere near my best this year with a very poor starting team resulting in me trying to correct early and then having to target value for all trade ins. Realistically value tends to be value for a reason and I am certainly not lucky enough for that to work.

I did manage to cobble together 4 wins, which nobody can take away from me, and could have had a couple more with an ounce of luck but I finished where I deserved to. I apologise to the quality players in this league for my contribution to the sub-par league ranking.

Thanks @Lost In The Sky for your efforts in doing most, and co-ordinating all, of the previews and reviews. I especially like the trade analysis mostly because it showed I wasn’t the only goose to make the trade decision I did. I would’ve liked to have contributed more here but do make some other regular contributions which take a bit of time.

I haven‘t taken my opportunity this year and don’t expect to be invited back until I can consistently perform better. Good luck to the finalist and may the best team win.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry @Beg2Differ but I beg to differ!

If you didn’t deserve a spot in this league, then neither did I given you have out performed me in 4 out of the past 5 years! Maybe I shouldn’t also mention you also rolled me in our H2H this year. I wouldn’t call myself a better coach than you … maybe just a bit luckier this year … and I am sure my bluff will be called during finals!

I am guessing that people like you and I got a gig because of our track record over the years of never giving up no matter how much our season derails. (Sound familiar to why I started the Backburners league?) This track record got us in the P2 which was established last year. Our strong season saw us rewarded accordingly. Hopefully it shows others that they can be rewarded for continuous effort by scoring a place in an elite league.

This is a tough league because all 18 coaches fight to the end. A bit of luck here and there is all that separates top and bottom, not a particular coach’s worthiness or otherwise!

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
Your overall ranking gets you a spot in our CL should you qualify.

PL and P2 qualifications are not purely based on your overall rankings alone but encompasses other valuable assets such as your level of activity and contribution to SCS.

AFL Club
West Coast
So a first ever Premier League appearance ends in my first ever last placed league finish. If I’m being honest I wasn’t really worthy of this opportunity and my absolute historical best would probably not be competitive in this league.

Unfortunately I was nowhere near my best this year with a very poor starting team resulting in me trying to correct early and then having to target value for all trade ins. Realistically value tends to be value for a reason and I am certainly not lucky enough for that to work.

I did manage to cobble together 4 wins, which nobody can take away from me, and could have had a couple more with an ounce of luck but I finished where I deserved to. I apologise to the quality players in this league for my contribution to the sub-par league ranking.

Thanks @Lost In The Sky for your efforts in doing most, and co-ordinating all, of the previews and reviews. I especially like the trade analysis mostly because it showed I wasn’t the only goose to make the trade decision I did. I would’ve liked to have contributed more here but do make some other regular contributions which take a bit of time.

I haven‘t taken my opportunity this year and don’t expect to be invited back until I can consistently perform better. Good luck to the finalist and may the best team win.
Thanks mate for the nice words.

You definitely deserved to be here this season, your previous results and contributions to the site proved that. As Thanh said, PL qualification is not just simply based on your overall rankings alone, so don't feel you are not worthy based on how this season went.

Many of us in this league had a tough season this year due to various issue, so you are not alone in feeling you let the league down. A quick look at the results for the season though, shows that you had 5 losses under 36 points... if a bit of luck had gone your way... You could have had 5 more wins and been right up there on the ladder.

I'm positive you will have a much better 2022 season mate!!

AFL Club
Melbourne
I think you should take @Blaze on as your advisor for your match next week @Ricky Bobby 🤣.

Bad luck @Blaze that is quite a calamity, as stated, best just to laugh at the misfortune and move on 🤐
It looks like it’s Battle of the Demons this week 😈 and I expect that Finals intensity will ratchet up a couple of notches. It seems we have a few POD’s so it should be a cracking match. Good luck (but not too much 😋)

Philzsay

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Good luck @Philzsay (The battle of Bombers will be much more fun than a battle of Demons 😎)

I see we are H2H in two leagues. If only we could win one each!

Let’s hope it as close as last years P2 Grand Final … (maybe I’m hoping for the opposite result though!)
Good luck mate, let's hope we make it an all Bomber GF regardless! 😁