Discussion 2021: Super Early Strategy, Team & Player Discussions

De Goey apparently asking for $ 1 million a season , surely no club would even pay close to that.

Might get 3-4 decent games out of him a season , would have to be one of the most over rated players in the competition.
Port should offer him like 650-700. Think from memory they have about 800k in their cap.
Probably would be a good foil for Port as another target instead of aiming at Dixon 80% of the time and a few of their other mediums are at the back end of their careers. .

AFL Club
Collingwood
a bit confused over all the fuss about Preuss?
won't he be struggling to obtain points if he goes to GWS since there's like 3 rucks there already?

Do we think he will be R/F or Ruck only in 2021?
Think we might get Ruc only just to add some flair. Not too bad at R2 if you have Marshall up fwd and a Ruc/fwd rookie swing cover if he is Ruc only. Should be priced just over pick 1's price and at this stage looks to be a number of key fwds. Alot of rookies got games this year so only spending 250k or so at R2 could help strengthen up one line with scarce rookie options available.
I want to fast forward already to see some more concrete strategies.

AFL Club
Geelong
I am still concerned about Pruess's decision to go to Melbourne and be behind Gawn in the first place, to me he either thought Gawn was a good chance of getting injured or he is a guy who didn't want the responsibility of being a 1#Ruck. I might be reading the situation wrong but that worries me.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I am still concerned about Pruess's decision to go to Melbourne and be behind Gawn in the first place, to me he either thought Gawn was a good chance of getting injured or he is a guy who didn't want the responsibility of being a 1#Ruck. I might be reading the situation wrong but that worries me.
Does the angle of a 23yo going to learn from one of the best rucks going around work at all? That's how old he was when he left North - given that rucks really seem to hit maturity later than other players he is only just coming into prime years now.

AFL Club
North Melb.
So last year 6-7 games was a 10% discount, 4-5 was 20%, 0-3 was 30%.

So presumably this year it will be 17/22 * 6or7 = approx 5 games for a 10 % discount, then approx 3-4 games for a 20% discount and 0-2 games for a 30% discount.

Using those assumptions, Preuss priced at 50 would have to be a lock (about 275k), also liking Hayden Young @47 (about 250k), Heppell @53 (about 300k, although they might make him more expensive like Titch this year) and Tom Green @72 (but could get a 10% discount if they include 6-game players).

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does the angle of a 23yo going to learn from one of the best rucks going around work at all? That's how old he was when he left North - given that rucks really seem to hit maturity later than other players he is only just coming into prime years now.
I was pondering this last night. Goldy is a pretty handy ruck to learn from though, and will finish his career earlier than Gawn.

I thought it was a bizarre decision (based on what we knew) at the time and haven’t seen reason to change that view yet!

AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Danger spent the whole game as a forward. Surely we wait for the price drop though don't we if this is a thing?
Its a good debate. Watching cats games through the h&a with an eye on fanfooty there's been a handful of games where he's been lucky to scrape a 100. Obviously there's been games wheres he's monstered everything too. It's all about the first few games though isn't it