Competitions 2021: SuperCoach Racing Classic - Rnd 8 Tables Updated.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Straight tricast paid just under 4 grand.
Combo tricast lay out £6 return £3898. (10 dollars get 6802 dollars} :eek:

THCLT

BBL|05 Winner
AFL Club
North Melb.
2nd paid 3.15, 3rd was the roughie at 200-1 @35 the place
That would do it...:)
All about the collect, it's the only thing that keeps us coming back for more.
I've pretty much avoided betting on TRI since the introduction of flexi betting due to lower payout overall but that's a handy return for your investment, well done on the collect and for leaving out the favourite for the race in favour of the 200-1 outsider!

AFL Club
Carlton
That would do it...:)
All about the collect, it's the only thing that keeps us coming back for more.
I've pretty much avoided betting on TRI since the introduction of flexi betting due to lower payout overall but that's a handy return for your investment, well done on the collect and for leaving out the favourite for the race in favour of the 200-1 outsider!
lol, that was lucky, I didn't realise.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know the topic title is out of date, but with no racing fantasy comp available, would there be any interest in a tipping comp instead? The traditional first race day of the fantasy comp (Epsom) is on this Saturday, so if there is interest, I would put something together tomorrow for this first day of racing if there was. Generally the Turnbull is held on the same day as the Epsom to start the fantasy season, but as it is the GF on Saturday, it's a bit different this year - the Turnbull will now be held next Saturday instead.

How I would see this competition working would be that you pick one horse per race (sent by PM to avoid copying) and you get more points for picking roughies successfully compared to favourites. Points would be scored for both the winner (full points) and 2nd/3rd place (half points). Refer table below which gives an example of the points you would score for both a win or a place, depending which horse you pick (it would continue past 8 for many races, but it should give you an idea of how scoring would work):

1695906356371.png

Any tip where your horse doesn't run top 3 would score 0 points.

I know this site frowns a bit on odds, so I would not be referring to odds or gambling sites with this competition, it will just be a list of the horses in order of favouritism at the time I refer to the form guide myself.

Events covered would be much the same as SC Racing used to cover, I'll confirm the list of race days covered prior to starting if there is enough interest. Points will be cumulative across the carnival.

Not quite the same as the regular fantasy format which was pretty popular, I know, but I don't have the knowledge/resources/time to put something like that together. I still think this has a nice strategy aspect to it that could be a bit of fun and think it would be a good comp if people were interested.

AFL Club
Carlton
I know the topic title is out of date, but with no racing fantasy comp available, would there be any interest in a tipping comp instead? The traditional first race day of the fantasy comp (Epsom) is on this Saturday, so if there is interest, I would put something together tomorrow for this first day of racing if there was. Generally the Turnbull is held on the same day as the Epsom to start the fantasy season, but as it is the GF on Saturday, it's a bit different this year - the Turnbull will now be held next Saturday instead.

How I would see this competition working would be that you pick one horse per race (sent by PM to avoid copying) and you get more points for picking roughies successfully compared to favourites. Points would be scored for both the winner (full points) and 2nd/3rd place (half points). Refer table below which gives an example of the points you would score for both a win or a place, depending which horse you pick (it would continue past 8 for many races, but it should give you an idea of how scoring would work):

View attachment 62155

Any tip where your horse doesn't run top 3 would score 0 points.

I know this site frowns a bit on odds, so I would not be referring to odds or gambling sites with this competition, it will just be a list of the horses in order of favouritism at the time I refer to the form guide myself.

Events covered would be much the same as SC Racing used to cover, I'll confirm the list of race days covered prior to starting if there is enough interest. Points will be cumulative across the carnival.

Not quite the same as the regular fantasy format which was pretty popular, I know, but I don't have the knowledge/resources/time to put something like that together. I still think this has a nice strategy aspect to it that could be a bit of fun and think it would be a good comp if people were interested.
Sounds good and if others are interested, I'm in.
edit - need @The Banker to join.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd be keen

How is favourable determined?

Is it based on tote at time of jump or fixed?
It'd be fixed odds. I looked them up last night for this week.

I think I'll start it anyway, but have this week as a test event for people to try out and see if they are interested, I think quite a few will be more focused on the grand final over the horses this weekend. The real competition will start next weekend.

Thanks all, look for a new topic for this later this morning.

Edit: It is here:
https://supercoachscores.com/threads/2023-spring-horse-racing-championships.5230/

Last edited: