2022: AFL SC Player Discussions

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll bring up the topic of the much talked about Grundy, Gawn, Darcy

Do we think Darcy can put together a full season for the first time next year and will he be the same Darcy from 2021??

Will Gawns ruck/forward time change or be managed more or less?

Will Grundy be moved to a different position under new coaching to make room for Lynch to grow, as the Herald Sun states or will thr new coach decide to work along the saying "if it ain't broke, dont fix it? "

How will these all affect each others scores?

AFL Club
St Kilda
Finally! I was geeing myself up to start this thread if it didn't appear soon.

Lukosius and Bowes in defence have my attention. (Again)

Rowell in mids (obvs). Cripps *ducks*. McCluggage. Petracca.

English a must if r/f. Same with Marshall. I'd probably start both in ruck line to get a look at the premos there.

Butters. Rozee if they look like giving him some proper mid time. I'll probably go back to the dusty well.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Post your early thoughts for 2022 AFL SC here!

I’ll kick off:

Jayden Short will be worth strong consideration, especially if Houli isn’t in the side.
Need a catchphrase to accompany my new moniker given by @Bermi recently and I think I will adopt one of my favourites “Temper expectations”.

Whilst the potential departure of Houli could be beneficial for his role, Richmond’s game style is not overly conducive for accumulators of the ball evident by the lack of Tigers to record 30 or more, given they tend to spread it around and for Short to reach the 105+ range he needs to reach the 28+ range on a more consistent basis. Also, unlikely to record more intercept marks and will be reliant on more uncontested marks or handball receives when exiting the backline.

Still should be a safe option for an average between the mid to high 90 and low 100 range but unlikely that he reaches the heights of the mid 100’s.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Need a catchphrase to accompany my new moniker given by @Bermi recently and I think I will adopt one of my favourites “Temper expectations”.

Whilst the potential departure of Houli could be beneficial for his role, Richmond’s game style is not overly conducive for accumulators of the ball evident by the lack of Tigers to record 30 or more given they tend to spread it around and for Short to reach the 105+ range he needs to reach the 28+ range on a more consistent basis. Also, unlikely to record more intercept marks and will be reliant on more uncontested marks or handball receives when exiting the backline.

Still should be a safe option for an average between the mid to high 90 and low 100 range but unlikely that he reaches the heights of the mid 100’s.
Not exactly an inspiring catchphrase, I’m not sure kids will be inclined to shout that one in the backyard 🙂

One thing that I think works in Short’s favour is that I suspect we lose Laird and Mills as defenders. On the other hand we should get Ziebell et al.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Curious to see discounts & pre seasons for :-

Berry , Crouch , Hurley , Milera , Sicily , Witts

D: Short a lock if Houli retires
M: Macrae , Miller , Neale , Oliver , Steele , Crouch , Berry , Daicos
R: Darcy , Grundy / Edwards
F: Butters , Duncan , English , Marshall

Probably have 8-12 mids in the F line again + hopefully the 2 F/R , not sure I will mess around there

Last edited: