Discussion AFLW (Season 6) Fantasy Game Discussion - Lucky7 wins AFLW Fantasy 2022

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 949

Current trades:
Out: C Dalton, C Randall and C Svarc
In: E Marinoff, L Birch and J Ferguson
View attachment 38083
In isolation those trades seem to be moving from mid priced to GNR which I think is fine if the mid pricers need to go and Dalton is in doubt so that fits the bill.

Team structure wise, your M4 is hidden by your bench - who is it.

I am surprised to see Morrison on your bench, is that intentional? It seems like a waste of $$$, but may work if you put her at utility and loop her into D5 or F5 via an onfield and emergency donut combo, which is suspect is not the case.

I am not a fan of the MCarthy/Doyle combo either.

I would look at alternative trade options to see if you can come up with a better outcome this week but do think your trades are solid !

Bomber18

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
Do you trade in O'Dywer instead for 52k for 106 points?
Could be a straight swap for someone like Hooker for the week.
I guess there will always be the risk that the game is rescheduled within this round and she is one of the affected players.

I’m probably keen myself to make trades which will benefit my side going forward so not looking to trade in players for averages.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In isolation those trades seem to be moving from mid priced to GNR which I think is fine if the mid pricers need to go and Dalton is in doubt so that fits the bill.

Team structure wise, your M4 is hidden by your bench - who is it.

I am surprised to see Morrison on your bench, is that intentional? It seems like a waste of $$$, but may work if you put her at utility and loop her into D5 or F5 via an onfield and emergency donut combo, which is suspect is not the case.

I am not a fan of the MCarthy/Doyle combo either.

I would look at alternative trade options to see if you can come up with a better outcome this week but do think your trades are solid !
Vesely at M4. Prespakis moved onfield this round and Morrison moved to the bench. Will address the forward issue next week once I have more data to work with.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
ShePlays:
Score: 1643
Slow start after trying to differentiate from my AFLW fantasy team.

4 transfers used for -200 points and the following side:
Out: C Svarc, E Phillips, C Thomas and D Hooker
In: E Antonio, A Parker, E Swanson and G Prespakis
View attachment 38084
Good side but 200 points is a big penalty.

What is the best you can do with 2 or 3 trades. I reckon 2 trades is better than 4 trades for a 120 point loss (80 point onfield benefit less 200 point penalty).

The aim in ShePlays is to take advantage of the fixed prices and bring in all the bargain picks and trade around that even if is culling premos who fail to outperform their price.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
There is an issue with a player showing up as playing if their name is spelt incorrectly.
Meg Macdonald has been put in as McDonald. I will message them now.

To be honest it probably shouldn’t be allowed but you should be able to trade out a non playing player and avoid a bad score.

However if it it allowed the should does not matter, go your hardest with any loopholing and certainty if a favourable average score. To do otherwise is in my opinion not playing the hand that is dealt correctly.

And still dump any bad average scores !
Cheers. I’d be looking at gaining 99 points from her and Snell in what looks an average position for rookies

I could probably do that, makes a heap more sense. That might be a pretty common tactic.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
There is an issue with a player showing up as playing if their name is spelt incorrectly.
Meg Macdonald has been put in as McDonald. I will message them now.
Meg MacDonald Richmond is not Meghan McDonald Geelong sort of like the 2 Josh Kennedy’s but different.

Can you screenshot what you mean as I admit I am confused by your post and what has been mis-spelt !!

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Meg MacDonald Richmond is not Meghan McDonald Geelong sort of like the 2 Josh Kennedy’s but different.

Can you screenshot what you mean as I admit I am confused by your post and what has been mis-spelt !!
Meg McDonald is the AFLW fantasy player for Richmond. The player is actually Meg MacDonald for Richmond and has been named on the I/C.

B: R.Miller 15 H.Cordner 23
HB: L.McClelland 16 J.Hosking 11 B.Lynch 32
C: T.Lavey 37 S.Hosking 7 K.Dempsey 19
HF: S.Reid 25 C.Bernardi 6 K.Jacques 10
F: K.Brennan - C 3 C.Wakefield 8
Foll: G.Seymour 28 M.Brancatisano 5 M.Conti 4
I/C: H.Burchell 9 M.Macdonald 38 M.Kiely 31 S.Dargan 17 S.Sansonetti 18

1642065752484.png

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good side but 200 points is a big penalty.

What is the best you can do with 2 or 3 trades. I reckon 2 trades is better than 4 trades for a 120 point loss (80 point onfield benefit less 200 point penalty).

The aim in ShePlays is to take advantage of the fixed prices and bring in all the bargain picks and trade around that even if is culling premos who fail to outperform their price.
Absence of a cash prize and small participation size means I am not overly bothered about any points penalty or performance in the format, since it is just for a bit of fun. All Inclusions have the ceiling to easily compensate for the penalty throughout the remainder of the season.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Depending on position and price details those sort of trades will help points wise, which to me is more beneficial than $6-$8k price rises.

The lesson I learnt from 2020 SuperCoach is that when you get extra trades and sideways trade for points you jump up fast.

Whether you can or should bring in 2 or 3 players for the same play is the question as that is much riskier.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.21.09 pm.png
Best I can come up with taking a punt on nabbing the O'Dwyer average is:

OUT: Svarc, Morrison, Bohanna
In: O'Dwyer, Gilmore, Ferguson

Would prefer Birch over Ferguson, however don't have the funds, and it doesn't look like you can lose out of picking up Ferguson at this early stage. Getting Magee named has covered a 0. Think I will roll the dice. If it comes off great, it's 2/141 that I didn't have, and if it doesn't ah well.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
View attachment 38092
Best I can come up with taking a punt on nabbing the O'Dwyer average is:

OUT: Svarc, Morrison, Bohanna
In: O'Dwyer, Gilmore, Ferguson

Would prefer Birch over Ferguson, however don't have the funds, and it doesn't look like you can lose out of picking up Ferguson at this early stage. Getting Magee named has covered a 0. Think I will roll the dice. If it comes off great, it's 2/141 that I didn't have, and if it doesn't ah well.
Yeh probably not worth it with it pushing Prespakis off field without the double loop.