Discussion 2022 Finals Week 1: Teams & In Game Discussion

AFL Club
St Kilda
How was Rohan not given a Clanger for that dropped, uncontested chest mark, that lead to that last goal??????!!!!!! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
I thought he didn't even touch it, or it was a strategic 'let it through to the keeper' play?

AFL Club
North Melb.
How was Rohan not given a Clanger for that dropped, uncontested chest mark, that lead to that last goal??????!!!!!! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
Didn’t lose possession maybe?
I thought he didn't even touch it, or it was a strategic 'let it through to the keeper' play?
He had just sprinted 100m to be available (it's why he had a few metres on the defender) so the exertion at the end of the game was too much I reckon to hold the catch.

Was it a clanger? In effect yes, but it was also a goal assist - could you grade the possession as both of those at the same?

AFL Club
St Kilda
He had just sprinted 100m to be available (it's why he had a few metres on the defender) so the exertion at the end of the game was too much I reckon to hold the catch.

Was it a clanger? In effect yes, but it was also a goal assist - could you grade the possession as both of those at the same?
For sure and one cancels the other out.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne

Pretty much one of the definitions of a Clanger, is to drop an uncontested Mark.

AFL Club
Carlton
Haven't seen McLean in years, was a premo forward for half a season a few years ago when given a good run through the midfield.