• RD11: No doubles and no byes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RD12: MUM double and SRH bye

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AFL Club
Collingwood
forgot to mention, a big thank you to all for your contributions and sharing your strategies. I definitely learnt more about looping.
Hahaha don't think I did too much this season at all , completely bamboozled myself last round when I thought you still had Vinod.

You are out of your apprenticeship now , so Top 50 for you next season.

AFL Club
Carlton
Hahaha don't think I did too much this season at all , completely bamboozled myself last round when I thought you still had Vinod.

You are out of your apprenticeship now , so Top 50 for you next season.
Thanks for your suggestions Herbie, training wheels off now. Just got to play a solid game each week. Can't make inroads getting too far behind.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for your suggestions Herbie, training wheels off now. Just got to play a solid game each week. Can't make inroads getting too far behind.
Pretty much have one bad round and it is extremely hard to catch up especially with players scores fluctuating so much game to game.

Nailing those captain choices consistently obviously plays a major part as well.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
896 which I am happy with in the end given no QDK. Three trade ins worked for once with Hardik, Moeen and Livingstone combining for 360 points.

Well done on a great season @mike89. It looks like 6th got 872, so you should overtake them at least.
Hehe - your trade ins scored 23 more than my entire team!

My trade-ins were used for my VC and C … and still scored zero! That must be some sort of record 😂

AFL Club
Carlton
Good point!

That reminds me, I saw this earlier - any issues with this? Otherwise I’m claiming it!

View attachment 44423
View attachment 44424
Well, the public league I'm in is showing as 1st with a 700 average. It appears there are categories for each size of league because IPL SCS is also 1st... of 20!

Now I have a bit more time to digest what's just happened, there's a few people I want to thank:
- @Diabolical for his sage advice on backing myself - something I'm much better in the cricket games than the AFL ones because I feel like I understand the roles better, I just need to take the plunge more often
- @Herbie66 for his willingness to explore outside the obvious options... an approach that eventually led me to Saha and Ashwin, two crucial cogs in the run home
- @Darkie for his extensive matchup/splits analysis, for when you just can't split a lineball decision!
- Diabolical again for attempting to quantify the difference between a donut and no-donut strategy. I'm fairly comfortable that we have come to the conclusion that there's no consensus on the best way to play this game!
- My body for continuing to function after I only gave it five hours sleep on weekday mornings when I really needed to see an important set of teams... only one donut caused by a DNP for the whole season, missed an Axar late out somewhere
- Everyone for the strong community feel and particularly the support in the last round. I've had an awesome time of it, and I've learned some lessons for the BBL :)

By the way, here's a crazy stat for you: I ended up with 13 playing players in my squad, and the lowest priced of them... is Jos Buttler!

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well, the public league I'm in is showing as 1st with a 700 average. It appears there are categories for each size of league because IPL SCS is also 1st... of 20!

Now I have a bit more time to digest what's just happened, there's a few people I want to thank:
- @Diabolical for his sage advice on backing myself - something I'm much better in the cricket games than the AFL ones because I feel like I understand the roles better, I just need to take the plunge more often
- @Herbie66 for his willingness to explore outside the obvious options... an approach that eventually led me to Saha and Ashwin, two crucial cogs in the run home
- @Darkie for his extensive matchup/splits analysis, for when you just can't split a lineball decision!
- Diabolical again for attempting to quantify the difference between a donut and no-donut strategy. I'm fairly comfortable that we have come to the conclusion that there's no consensus on the best way to play this game!
- My body for continuing to function after I only gave it five hours sleep on weekday mornings when I really needed to see an important set of teams... only one donut caused by a DNP for the whole season, missed an Axar late out somewhere
- Everyone for the strong community feel and particularly the support in the last round. I've had an awesome time of it, and I've learned some lessons for the BBL :)

By the way, here's a crazy stat for you: I ended up with 13 playing players in my squad, and the lowest priced of them... is Jos Buttler!
Hear, hear. I was thinking today that there’s no way I’d play IPL if not for this group. Thanks also to Professor for posting news and team updates, as well as some very interesting strategy posts in recent weeks! I also enjoyed watching your run, Mike - it’s great to have someone right in the hunt, as we’ve had a few times recently!

I think there is enough evidence for me to conclude that we had the top league. The #1 ranked 12-team league averaged 699.5 points, whereas our #1 ranked 10-team league averaged 726. If two additional coaches had joined our league, even if they’d both scored 1,000 points less than our 10th-ranked side, we would have tied for first. Additionally, our average was 3.7% higher, and there was seemingly no indication that 10-team leagues weren’t ranked ahead of the season … that’s enough for me to call it!