Competitions 2020 IPL RDT Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Collingwood
@Herbie66 - is the IPL camp essentially the same as BBL SC? Or are there differences in the rules/approach?
Very much similar , same setup with 11 onfield and bench (no Emergencies)

Salary based , 3 trades per week.

Can't remember if they have a SR for batsmen or not ?

Many many Indians who I have never heard of but Kohli , Sharma , Dhawan , MS , Rahul , Bumrah , Pandya etc etc

So many OS superstars

One of the big issues is Squads have 8 OS players with a maximum of 4 to play each game , so can be rotated.

Great fun though , you should try it.

Diabolical

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Essendon
@Herbie66 - is the IPL camp essentially the same as BBL SC? Or are there differences in the rules/approach?
Very much similar , same setup with 11 onfield and bench (no Emergencies)

Salary based , 3 trades per week.

Can't remember if they have a SR for batsmen or not ?

Many many Indians who I have never heard of but Kohli , Sharma , Dhawan , MS , Rahul , Bumrah , Pandya etc etc

So many OS superstars

One of the big issues is Squads have 8 OS players with a maximum of 4 to play each game , so can be rotated.

Great fun though , you should try it.
Scoring slightly different to BBL SC but otherwise tactics are the same. Batsman need to score 20 runs to get any bonus and bowlers must bowl 3 overs.
881B7C36-231D-4627-BBE9-88E15FB18C0E.jpeg

AFL Club
Collingwood
Top 20 Average in IPL 2019

Hardik Pandya * 78.9
Russell * 76.6
Nabi * 72.4
Warner 71.8
Bairstow (WK) 70.3
Joseph 69.7
Rabada 67.0
Jayadeescha Sichith * 67.0
Harbhajan Singh 63.0
Buttler (WK) 62.8

Archer * 61.2
Rishabh Pant (WK) 60.0
Ravindra Jadeja * 59.5
Sodhi 57.5
du Plessis 56
de Kock (WK) 55.9
MS Dhoni (WK) 55.8
KL Rahul (WK) 55.1
Khaleel Ahmed 54.9
Imran Tahir 54.6

AFL Club
Collingwood
Like Big Bash , the idea is to work the schedule to your advantage.

I am certainly no expert but what I would do initially is :-

* familiarise myself with India's T20 Squad that will play South Africa before the IPL starts to gain a idea of their players

* go through the Squads and work out which 4 of the OS players are more than likely to play.

* be aware that the England Test players (v SL) are arriving late and that NZ v Australia will also have a series on + the Sheffield Shield final is on

* find a cheap Bat/WK to use as a VC/C loop

* I will post some likely starting XI's tomorrow

AFL Club
Collingwood
3 from the U19 World Cup that might be cheap enough to start on the bench :-

Yashasvi Jaiswal (Rajasthan Royals)
Ravi Bishnoi (King's X1 Punjab)
Kartik Tyagi (Rajasthan Royals)

and hopefully Kamlesh Nagarkoti (Kolkata Knight Riders) is injury free and ready to play

Last edited:
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hang in there ... long way out yet but reckon I'll be back with the usual BE's / Stats etc to the best of my ability ...

Had a really bad debut in this comp ... done worse in other comps though first up ... but I survived and still came out the other end more educated !!

Think I'll be ready to go again .... but not saying that I'll be any wiser ... should be but hey this is still a T20 comp !!

Still got the stats from last year ...

Last edited:
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mumbai Indians to host CSK in IPL 2020 opener on March 29

The first match of the 2020 IPL will be a repeat of last year's final with defending champions the Mumbai Indians taking on the Chennai Super Kings at the Wankhede Stadium on March 29. The tournament will start only 11 days after India's home ODI series against South Africa ends on March 18 in Kolkata. The IPL will release the schedule for the knockouts later, but the final is scheduled for May 24.

Although the IPL is yet to make an official announcement, ESPNcricinfo has seen the schedule that was sent to the franchises, with only the league phase dates out yet. The last league game is scheduled for May 17, between the Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai in Bengaluru.

In a first, the IPL has decided not to have any double-headers on Saturdays. There will be three matches over the weekends with double-headers now only limited to Sundays, except on March 29 and May 17 - the opening and closing dates of the league phase - when only one match is scheduled.

To accommodate the extra matches which originally would have been held on Saturdays at 4pm, the IPL has added an extra week to the league phase, which will now stretch to 50 days compared to last year's 44. The IPL had also decided recently to stick to evening matches commencing at 8pm IST despite reservations from host broadcaster Star Sports, which was sceptical about games stretching past midnight. The afternoon matches will start at 4pm IST, as usual.

Barring the Rajasthan Royals, all the other seven franchises have retained their original home bases. The Royals, who start the tournament last, on April 2 in Chennai, have shortlisted a second home venue in Guwahati where they want to host their second and third matches, scheduled for April 5 (against the Delhi Capitals) and April 9 (against the Kolkata Knight Riders). However, officials from the Rajasthan Cricket Association, which owns the Jaipur ground that has been the first home base of the Royals, has objected to the franchise picking Guwahati as the second home venue and has filed pleas in the court.

One of the possible reasons for the Royals starting their tournament last could be around the availability of their key overseas players, including captain Steven Smith, allrounder Ben Stokes and wicketkeeper-batsman Jos Buttler. With England's two-match Test series in Sri Lanka scheduled to be played between March 19 and 31, the ECB had told the IPL authorities that the English players would be available from April 1.

Cricket Australia and New Zealand Cricket, too, had also informed the IPL that their players would be available only after March 30 their last T20I is scheduled for March 29 in Christchurch. Some of the Australian players will also feature in the Sheffield Shield final which is scheduled from March 27-31.

Despite the RM Lodha Committee recommending that there be a fortnight's break between any international cricket played by India and the IPL, the 2020 edition will have only an 11 days' gap. Last year, India's last international match - an ODI against Australia on March 13 - was played only 10 days before the IPL opener, but the Committee of Administrators, that ran the BCCI then, had allowed it as an exception as it was a World Cup year.

It is not yet known when exactly the IPL will schedule the All Stars match, which is likely to be held three days before the tournament begins. The all-star fixture will comprise players from all eight franchises, likely to be formed with players from the four franchises in the north and east of India - Kings XI Punjab, the Capitals, the Royals and the Knight Riders - and the other four teams in the south and west - the Super Kings, the Royal Challengers, the Sunrisers and Mumba

Status
Not open for further replies.