Competitions 2022: Midprice Madness Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's back. The competition where you pick a bunch of mid priced players you are sure will have a brilliant year at the start of the season and then have half of them miss most of the season or score 50 each week. Rules are much the same as last year, see below:

Rules:
  • Open to anyone with no cap on the number of entries - one team per person (unlike last year where I allowed two entries).
  • All players in your team must be priced between $200,000 and $450,000 (inclusive).
  • You must select at least one player from each of the 18 teams in the league and may not select more than two players from any team. There is no trading, the players you choose at the start of the season you will have in your team all year, so pick wisely.
  • The usual $10,000,000 budget and 8/11/3/8 structure applies to your team. Any team found to have exceeded this cap amount once the season commences will have players removed, starting with the highest priced players until the team drops below this amount (I will review teams prior to the season starting and advise of errors, this rule should really only apply to any last minute entries I don't get to review in time).
  • All entries to be sent to myself directly by private message, rather than posting in this topic. If you want to make a change to your team before the deadline, your latest entry will be the one entered in the competition.
Scoring:
  • Scoring will be similar to the Lock and Load competition run by @Beijing_Sting. Your best 16 scoring players (using SC scoring) will count each round, with the best score doubled as a captain score automatically - no need to set emergencies and captains each week. One you have entered your team, that's all you need to do for the season.
  • The competition will run from Round 1 to Round 23 only. I'll post regular updates of how your team is going throughout the season. Scores will be cumulative throughout the season, but I'll also list which team top scores each round - last year over half of all entered teams managed to top score in a round.
Hopefully that is enough to explain the competition. I know a lot of you participated or followed along last year and should be familiar with what to expect, for those who didn't and for anyone who wants to read through last year's topic, it can be found here:

https://supercoachscores.com/threads/sc-2021-midprice-madness-competition-congrats-wogitalia.4527/

I think a few of you are keen to give this a go for 2021 - I've already had one entry submitted before I even create the topic! It can be a bit of a challenge to get a team that complies for this competition that you are happy with, but I expect there should still be a lot of variety this year. There appear to be quite a few gems in this price range, hopefully you can identify the valuable ones from the worthless ones!

Happy to answer any questions which come up, anyone who participated last year can probably help answer as well. It may seem a bit confusing, but it's actually very straightforward and quite a lot of fun.

Note: There will be no gimmicky prize for the winner this year. The signature prize last year was fun, seeing half the board with the same signature for a few weeks (mine below, which I am stuck with for another month as part of the prize), but I'm not going to include it this time around.

Good luck everyone. Hopefully I can come up with a bit better spreadsheet this time around to make scoring updates a bit quicker, but no promises.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I didn't realise we were getting so close to the footy returning, first game is in 34 days time. I'd better start thinking about my team for this comp! :)

Only a few entries in yet, but seriously, plenty of time to go yet. Just bringing this topic back to the first page for the attention of those who have returned recently, and those who missed it when I created the topic.

AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah, the 475 cutoff would be really interesting!

Seriously, is there any GCS player other than Miller that's not in this price range? They genuinely make up what feels like half my list! Even harder because I reckon they've probably got two of the 5 most obvious picks :LOL:

Have knocked together my first draft, seems solid with lots of lessons learned from last year.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah, the 475 cutoff would be really interesting!

Seriously, is there any GCS player other than Miller that's not in this price range? They genuinely make up what feels like half my list! Even harder because I reckon they've probably got two of the 5 most obvious picks :LOL:

Have knocked together my first draft, seems solid with lots of lessons learned from last year.
Witts and Rowell (will be in every side :love:)

Status
Not open for further replies.