Opinion 2022: Player X v Player Y

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can you afford Steele?

Just looked up Jack Steele’s record v his next 2 opponents, last 2 scores v Bris & Syd.

Bris :- 149 & 167

Syd :- 155 & 140

600k currently
Those do look good numbers, much better than I expected.
Good points
Part of the reason im considering him, BUT he has GWS the week after

Would it be doumb to bring Brayshaw in this week and if Ash and De Boer is named then quick switch to Walsh as he loves pies games?
Based on the above, Steele looks a good option considering both rounds.

Looking to burn my last trades to get rid of my weakest uniques, and hopefully make a GF, either:
Ridley to Brayshaw (Melb)
or
Darcy to Gawn

Looking to burn my last trades to get rid of my weakest uniques, and hopefully make a GF, either:
Ridley to Brayshaw (Melb)
or
Darcy to Gawn
The latter IMO. There was a couple of comments by coaches earlier in the week about Brayshaw going back to the half back line and while I wouldn't knee jerk a response to that, if you're looking for a tie breaker that seems fair.

The latter IMO. There was a couple of comments by coaches earlier in the week about Brayshaw going back to the half back line and while I wouldn't knee jerk a response to that, if you're looking for a tie breaker that seems fair.
Yeah, agreed, on top of that Gawn's ceiling has me leaning that way. Cheers!

AFL Club
Collingwood
Brodie vs English vs Macrae to trade out

Seems they are my current lowest performers

(I also have Goldy but hes also ruck Cover)

AFL Club
Essendon

I would probably have them in the trade out order: Brodie, English, Macrae

Brodie is peppering that 85-95 range which isn't terrible, but is painful! I think English has upside but worried that Stef Martin was named this week, and I'm hoping with Lachie Hunter back he takes that wing and Macrae gets more genuine mid time.

AFL Club
Melbourne
So, what to do with 2 trades remaining? They’ve been saved up for injuries and suspensions, but there has been absolutely no injuries or suspensions! Can’t believe Cripps has got off.

Weaknesses are Short, Ridley, Darcy, but with only $10k in the kitty, there are no sideways targets worthwhile with only 1 trade. Using 2 trades to cull Wehr and upgrading Short to Sinclair or Himmelberg doesn’t look that great - maybe a gain of 60 points total over 2 rounds at the cost of 2 trades.

Holding trades this season for late rounds has been a liability. Will look to burn through them all earlier next year, maybe build bench depth instead - a 23rd premo.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Keep Macrae. Brodie v English is a tough call, both have put in disappointing scores recently, gut says ditch Brodie, as English gets Hawthorn with a ruck shortage in R23. Should score well there.
So, what to do with 2 trades remaining? They’ve been saved up for injuries and suspensions, but there has been absolutely no injuries or suspensions! Can’t believe Cripps has got off.

Weaknesses are Short, Ridley, Darcy, but with only $10k in the kitty, there are no sideways targets worthwhile with only 1 trade. Using 2 trades to cull Wehr and upgrading Short to Sinclair or Himmelberg doesn’t look that great - maybe a gain of 60 points total over 2 rounds at the cost of 2 trades.

Holding trades this season for late rounds has been a liability. Will look to burn through them all earlier next year, maybe build bench depth instead - a 23rd premo.
It depends if you are in contention for league finals / good overall rank etc whether you use both now or not. Would need to see your whole team seeing this is not a standard X v Y call.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Should I close off the Sicily or Luke Ryan POD for the prelim match-up?
Hawks don't have a great record against the Tigers in recent years and could get blown out by a team looking to lock in a finals spot, suggesting a lot of ball in the defensive end, Dockers v Eagles should be closer than their respective ladder positions as a Derby. I'd expect Ryan might score slightly better this round, but it'll likely be close between the two.

AFL Club
Essendon
Dawson vs Ryan? Last 2 trades to get Short off field (will be floating d/m cover) but torn on who to bring in. Initial plan was Dawson but means I’m locked in pretty early in the round where as Ryan gives me a chance to see how a few more games have unfolded.
Main focus is winning my cash league prelim, opponent has Short and has neither of Dawson/Ryan.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Dawson vs Ryan? Last 2 trades to get Short off field (will be floating d/m cover) but torn on who to bring in. Initial plan was Dawson but means I’m locked in pretty early in the round where as Ryan gives me a chance to see how a few more games have unfolded.
Main focus is winning my cash league prelim, opponent has Short and has neither of Dawson/Ryan.
I wouldn't worry too much about locking trades in early in the round if you get a good score out of it. Go with your gut. Dawson should score well enough to beat Short on recent form. Ryan likely will too. So would nearly any defender :mad: (yes, I'm stuck with Short and no trades).

AFL Club
Essendon
I wouldn't worry too much about locking trades in early in the round if you get a good score out of it. Go with your gut. Dawson should score well enough to beat Short on recent form. Ryan likely will too. So would nearly any defender :mad: (yes, I'm stuck with Short and no trades).
Commiserations.. seeing him in my team has been sickening haha!

Same position here. I saw going to burn mine for an arbitrary upgrade but I've got a final next week so I might as well hold them for that. I was really really hoping Cripps got suspended because so many around me have him and no trades.

AFL Club
Collingwood
If i do trade Brodie (even tho hes not a pod this round he is next)

I can get Gawn or Ryan

So the question is
If i was to get 1 of the 2 highest 3rd scoring players of each line that i dont currently have

Do i get Ryan(against WC?)
Or Gawn(rumours he's going fwd more now?)

AFL Club
Hawthorn
If i do trade Brodie (even tho hes not a pod this round he is next)

I can get Gawn or Ryan

So the question is
If i was to get 1 of the 2 highest 3rd scoring players of each line that i dont currently have

Do i get Ryan(against WC?)
Or Gawn(rumours he's going fwd more now?)
I think Gawn, made him captain in Rowsus' comp. 147, 114, 136 last 3 weeks suggests good form to me.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Gawn, made him captain in Rowsus' comp. 147, 114, 136 last 3 weeks suggests good form to me.
Im feeling like Gawn too
Only thing worrying me is Gawn going forward as he could become a negative pod if he does, right?
And we know he's been shoved forwards quite often this season