Opinion 2022: Player X v Player Y

AFL Club
Carlton
I see a lot of Dawson v Zorko choices being Dawson as the preferred.

Any reason why besides the fact that Zorko might be carrying an injury?
Dawson seems to be a safe 95~105 sort whereas Zorko has the much higher ceiling.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
At this point I've brought in Clark this week. I wonder if it would be better to bring in Hamilton this week, and Clark next when he's on his bubble.

Hamilton's price and DP status makes him attractive, I'm just unsure about his JS, which has seemed to be the general consensus.
Who knows with the new coach? I would think he should stick around for at least a while, but there's definitely some risk there. If you think he'll make you enough cash, he doesn't seem a bad choice.
Hewett/Sinclair + Hamilton

vs.

Zorko/Dawson + Rioli
I'd be focusing more on the rookie here, as any of the other four is probably scoring at keeper level, or close enough. Hamilton or Rioli - I went for Rioli myself, mainly as they are playing an under strength Hawks today, thinking this week could be ugly, but you would have more idea there. Hopefully no late changes today. :)

AFL Club
Essendon

Dawson seems to be a safe 95~105 sort whereas Zorko has the much higher ceiling.
Personally I like consistency with a spike every now and then vs injury concern and Zorko's house has a high ceiling but also low floors.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood

I hadn’t seriously considered Dawson for a while before yesterday, but need a non-R12 defender, and he’s currently in my side.

Age, fitness and role risks seem like a combo that I’d be annoyed at myself for taking on if I chose Zorko and he failed.

Dawson has an easy draw coming up and has tended to score better in the second half of a season, from my casual observation yesterday. He’s at a new club and I wouldn’t be surprised to see his score improve as he settles in. He’s also 25 and only broke out last year with a 101 average, so barring role downside I don’t know that we’ve seen his ceiling yet.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

I think a couple of reasons have already been mentioned. I prefer consistency to spiking scores, but others may not. Zorko has had a few too many low scores for me already.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Triple downgrade vs 2 down 1 up?
(Ward, Dixon, Xerri > Rioli, Hamilton and Carrol) vs (same outs + Rioli, Hamilton and a premo in any line)

This triple trade gives me almost 850k to play with
Or i can save it for next round and do a double/triple upgrade

Just not sure who to trade in if i got the chance

I have English and Preuss in Ruck,

I have Short, Hewett, Ridley and D Rioli in Def

7/8 premo mids (last spot cam be anyone really as i have steele, Macrae, Oliver, Trac, Touk, Cripps and Neale)

Fwd line is Dunks, Butters, Cogs, Brodie and N Martin

Not sure which line needs most attention and which premo to bring in

Looks like Sicily will be needed in my team, Dawson/Darcy/Lloyd/Zorko look value

No one really striking me as a keeper in the forward line at the moment

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
(Ward, Dixon, Xerri > Rioli, Hamilton and Carrol) vs (same outs + Rioli, Hamilton and a premo in any line)

7/8 premo mids (last spot cam be anyone really as i have steele, Macrae, Oliver, Trac, Touk, Cripps and Neale)

Looks like Sicily will be needed in my team, Dawson/Darcy/Lloyd/Zorko look value

Defense looks like the spot to upgrade on my reading. Sicily is a good option, and I’m leaning towards Dawson of the others you mentioned.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

When looking at upgrades, instead of looking at your keepers, look at the players you will be fielding to complete your lines - the D6, M8, F6 positions. Figure out who is likely to be the lowest scorer out of them and they should be the one to go (unless their is a bargain priced premium on another line who is a near must in).

Looking at your team, you have a very strong midfield compared to other lines. I'd probably prioritise defence for now too. Try and work out who is likely to finish top 10 on each line, they should be your targets from here, rather than slightly cheaper alternatives. If you see any of them at a good price, there’s your priority.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Would it be possible to post your side and remaining salary pre trades to further assist with any recommendations?