Opinion 2022: Player X v Player Y

AFL Club
Collingwood
Would it be possible to post your side and remaining salary pre trades to further assist with any recommendations?
Sorry for the long wait

Trades made so far (Ward+Dixon > Rioli and Hamilton)

As i have missed Sicily this round i am hoping to grab him next round unless his price rise is too high as he is a must have and i am betting will be top 10 or even top 5 defenders

(Of course when i need my supercoach plus the most, THATS when it fails🤣😡)

Attachments

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
Ok. Upgrading Rowell.
Wines v Brayshaw v Bont
I'd Rank em Wines, Bont, Brayshaw
Rank em in order lads. Cheer.
Interesting 3 to try and separate!

Wines - take out this weeks spike score and you are seeing the picture of consistency! 101, 96, 118, 53 (subbed at HT so say 106 with a full game), 99, 104, 104,.. you can throw a blanket over those scores.. the problem is they are basically 95-105. At ~$500k last week there was value there but now he's pushing into the territory of some better options, I'm not sure he's worth it given his scoring pattern and round 12 bye (unless you need a round 12 bye player!). Unless you firmly believe he will increase his scoring from here I probably have him 3rd.. especially given he did play forward quite a bit and while that worked vs north.. it won't always work against other teams.

Brayshaw - if he could just once demonstrate a strong ability to score despite a tag, I'd rate him. I just worry how many more sub 100 scores he will have, and tags aside he does have a tricky fixture ahead with Melbourne, Brisbane, Carlton Port, St Kilda, Sydney, Richmond, and then Melbourne again over his next 10, with only Collingwood and Hawthorn looking like soft match ups on paper. He's not a bad pick.. just don't think he's a must have and given he is in 19% of teams you might have more to gain by passing on him in favour of someone else. I have him 2nd.

Bont - I was really surprised to see he's only had 1 game under 100 (88 vs Adelaide) but he's actually scored quite consistency. A lot of scores that are 100-110, but 3+ over 115 show he can get higher. I really like him as a pick this week as at $573k it's "almost" win-win. If he keeps playing forward he's probably 100-110 but then will get DPP just before the byes and easily become a must have forward.. or he reverts to a more pure midfield role and is a ~120 player over the run home. Only danger is he goes so hybrid that he does neither well.. but honestly he is a superstar and definitely has the class to keep finding good scores. 1st for me.

So overall:

Bont
Brayshaw
Wines

AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm actually keen to double down and get Mills next week. I do think Wines will have a very strong season from now (gut feel).
Thanks for All the opinions
Brayshaw > Wines > Bont

Wait to see if Bont gets FWD DPP
Bont (if he gets DPP) > Brayshaw > Wines > Bont (if he stays Mid only)
Interesting 3 to try and separate!

Wines - take out this weeks spike score and you are seeing the picture of consistency! 101, 96, 118, 53 (subbed at HT so say 106 with a full game), 99, 104, 104,.. you can throw a blanket over those scores.. the problem is they are basically 95-105. At ~$500k last week there was value there but now he's pushing into the territory of some better options, I'm not sure he's worth it given his scoring pattern and round 12 bye (unless you need a round 12 bye player!). Unless you firmly believe he will increase his scoring from here I probably have him 3rd.. especially given he did play forward quite a bit and while that worked vs north.. it won't always work against other teams.

Brayshaw - if he could just once demonstrate a strong ability to score despite a tag, I'd rate him. I just worry how many more sub 100 scores he will have, and tags aside he does have a tricky fixture ahead with Melbourne, Brisbane, Carlton Port, St Kilda, Sydney, Richmond, and then Melbourne again over his next 10, with only Collingwood and Hawthorn looking like soft match ups on paper. He's not a bad pick.. just don't think he's a must have and given he is in 19% of teams you might have more to gain by passing on him in favour of someone else. I have him 2nd.

Bont - I was really surprised to see he's only had 1 game under 100 (88 vs Adelaide) but he's actually scored quite consistency. A lot of scores that are 100-110, but 3+ over 115 show he can get higher. I really like him as a pick this week as at $573k it's "almost" win-win. If he keeps playing forward he's probably 100-110 but then will get DPP just before the byes and easily become a must have forward.. or he reverts to a more pure midfield role and is a ~120 player over the run home. Only danger is he goes so hybrid that he does neither well.. but honestly he is a superstar and definitely has the class to keep finding good scores. 1st for me.

So overall:

Bont
Brayshaw
Wines

AFL Club
Melbourne
Bit of a different X v Y for you

A: trades this week NMartin, Coniglio, SHayes to Clark, Petracca, DCameron

Ridley, Short, Whitfield, Sicily, Rich, McCartin (Hinge, SDK)
Macrae, Jelly. Neale, Cripps, Rowell, Green, Petracca , Oliver (McComb, Clark, Ward)
Gawn, Pruess (Dixon)
Dunkley, Heeney, Parker, Brodie, DCameron, JDG (Rioli, Benning)

B: trades this week NMartin, Coniglio, SHayes to Clark, Crisp, DCameron

Ridley, Short, Whitfield, Sicily, Rich, Crisp (Hinge, SDK)
Macrae, Jelly. Neale, Cripps, Rowell, Green, JDG, Oliver (McComb, Clark, Ward)
Gawn, Pruess (Dixon)
Dunkley, Heeney, Parker, Brodie, DCameron, McCartin (Rioli, Benning)

Both options leave 14 trades (0 boosts)

So I guess its Petracca v Crisp, but in a way I feel that B leaves more flexibility.

Happy to ride DCameron until his bye then maybe flip to a better option, but I also feel he will probably get DPP and will make as much cash as SHayes.

Thoughts?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bit of a different X v Y for you

A: trades this week NMartin, Coniglio, SHayes to Clark, Petracca, DCameron

Ridley, Short, Whitfield, Sicily, Rich, McCartin (Hinge, SDK)
Macrae, Jelly. Neale, Cripps, Rowell, Green, Petracca , Oliver (McComb, Clark, Ward)
Gawn, Pruess (Dixon)
Dunkley, Heeney, Parker, Brodie, DCameron, JDG (Rioli, Benning)

B: trades this week NMartin, Coniglio, SHayes to Clark, Crisp, DCameron

Ridley, Short, Whitfield, Sicily, Rich, Crisp (Hinge, SDK)
Macrae, Jelly. Neale, Cripps, Rowell, Green, JDG, Oliver (McComb, Clark, Ward)
Gawn, Pruess (Dixon)
Dunkley, Heeney, Parker, Brodie, DCameron, McCartin (Rioli, Benning)

Both options leave 14 trades (0 boosts)

So I guess its Petracca v Crisp, but in a way I feel that B leaves more flexibility.

Happy to ride DCameron until his bye then maybe flip to a better option, but I also feel he will probably get DPP and will make as much cash as SHayes.

Thoughts?
Very nice team there.

I prefer the look of Team A, especially in terms of cover for your weakest player on field. Both seem good picks.

AFL Club
West Coast
Thinking both right now. Get whoever is cheaper first.
Mills, higher ceiling
Laird, higher floor!

Depends what type of player you want consistent 120s with some higher scorers and unlikely to be tagged. Mills big ceiling can throw a 70-80 in and may get attention in a good team. Mills is a brayshaw on steroids.

For price, Laird for me. Mills BE means you at least can wait one more week, then “
Lower BE next week.

Laird, higher floor!

Depends what type of player you want consistent 120s with some higher scorers and unlikely to be tagged. Mills big ceiling can throw a 70-80 in and may get attention in a good team. Mills is a brayshaw on steroids.

For price, Laird for me. Mills BE means you at least can wait one more week, then “
Lower BE next week.
Cheers - yeah I'm leaning towards the higher floor in Laird I think.