Opinion 2022: Player X v Player Y

AFL Club
North Melb.
Ridley and FWD Rookie
vs
Sicily and Curnow

Feels like Curnow would be an enough of an on-field improvement against the 4th picked FWD rookie to play with fire and pick Sicily over a proper DEF premo.

AFL Club
Richmond
Ridley and FWD Rookie
vs
Sicily and Curnow

Feels like Curnow would be an enough of an on-field improvement against the 4th picked FWD rookie to play with fire and pick Sicily over a proper DEF premo.
Hard one because I like curnow and Ridley both in my team but I’m not sold on Sicily. Ridley and rookie of I had to choose

AFL Club
North Melb.
Hard one because I like curnow and Ridley both in my team but I’m not sold on Sicily. Ridley and rookie of I had to choose
Totally. I'm trying to find the extra $100k to see how I could squeeze Curnow in but none of my options are particularly appealing tbh.

AFL Club
St Kilda
AFL Club
Fremantle
Gee that's a big call...

Oliver hasn’t missed a game in 5 years and in the last two has averaged 122. He's also only 24.

Titch is 28 and other than 2019 has played every game. In the last 2 years he's averaged 115 though.

So you're calling a 7 point turnaround here? :)
I think they're all decent picks but I tend to fade players coming off a premiership as starting picks. No evidence, just a thing I have. Oliver was one of my best trade ins last year after a hard tag. In terms of Miller, Gold Coast started last year with an even spread of CBA's between a number of players and by the end of the year it looked like Dew had given up trying to find midfielders and just told Touk to stay in the middle. I'd be surprised if he's allowed to attend as many this year. I don't have an opinion on how Sam Mitchell plays Titch though.

AFL Club
Richmond
Heeney.

Longmire has mentioned Heeney will get midfield time.

No one has come out and promised the others any midfield time
De goey
Butters
Heeney

Heeney’s midfield role is actually a wing role. Not on the ball inside. I think he gets plenty of cheap marks and cheap ball so he’s perfect for fantasy over supercoach imo

Butters is a mini bull. He showed his upside last year and if he plays 75% on ball he’ll be a supercoach weapon. Won’t get huge numbers but huge contested ball/tackles is a recipe for 95+ imo

De goey showed in the back half that he’s a 100+ guy as a mid. I think he’s the safest of the 3.

AFL Club
West Coast
De goey
Butters
Heeney

Heeney’s midfield role is actually a wing role. Not on the ball inside. I think he gets plenty of cheap marks and cheap ball so he’s perfect for fantasy over supercoach imo

Butters is a mini bull. He showed his upside last year and if he plays 75% on ball he’ll be a supercoach weapon. Won’t get huge numbers but huge contested ball/tackles is a recipe for 95+ imo

De goey showed in the back half that he’s a 100+ guy as a mid. I think he’s the safest of the 3.
I am unsure of any of them. De Goey misses too many games and you cannot underestimate the d***head factor. He does have a very high ceiling but as far as I am aware he is not training with the mids in the Pies match sims. He is playing forward. But that could change.

We have been hearing Heeney will play midfield (or wing if you prefer) since Jesus did the loaves and fishes trick. Apart from sporadic bursts I am not sure he has had an extended shot at it. Happy to be corrected on that. Can go big but just as easily goes missing in action and produces sub 70 scores.

Butters you are buying on potential. No denying he has it.

So for mine two questionable picks and a speculative selection. I'm a speculator so Butters, De Goey (just) and Heeney.