Opinion 2022: Player X v Player Y

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Luxury trade:

Ridley -> Docherty vs Stewart
Can you hold off a week for this one? Stewart is going to drop in price if you prefer him.

...I like both options, but Docherty has probably been in better form recently of the two, more consistent. Stewart has had some huge games, which could win you a match in any round. Can't go wrong with either, I always pick one option though, so I'll choose Docherty.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Cash ITB- 90k
16 trades
Not much cash gen

And am tossing up between

Preuss, Butters, SDK > Parker, Jackson, rookie (either Parnell or Clarke)

Vs

Preuss, Butters, SDK > Clarke, Parnell, and either Jackson or Parker

Dont know whether to get some cash gen going sooner rather then later with 2 rookies or jumping on Jackson with Gawn out and fixing my Fwd line with Parker

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cash ITB- 90k
16 trades
Not much cash gen

And am tossing up between

Preuss, Butters, SDK > Parker, Jackson, rookie (either Parnell or Clarke)

Vs

Preuss, Butters, SDK > Clarke, Parnell, and either Jackson or Parker

Dont know whether to get some cash gen going sooner rather then later with 2 rookies or jumping on Jackson with Gawn out and fixing my Fwd line with Parker
Wow, not sure how you have managed to keep 16 trades until now, at least you can have fun using them.

I think I'd like to see at least one score from Jackson as sole ruck before committing. I think it was mentioned that he has been scoring better as a forward than as a ruck when Gawn has been in the team. That said, I'm not entirely sure those two rookies will keep their spot longer term, which is what you need from them. Of those two options, I prefer the first. Probably prefer Parnell out of those two rookies, but can also see him getting dropped at any time.

Blicavs vs Goldstein.

English out for potentially two weeks concerns me, and my forward and ruck bench is English, Teakle and Comben (FML) - so Butters out, forward/ruck cover in.

Both have similar means and medians since Round 3 (Blicavs) and Round 7 (Goldy). Goldy has a much higher ceiling but also Noble has already shown a desire to get Xerri #1 ruck time. Blicavs is just Mr Consistent at the moment. Haven't watched much of either to sell myself one way or another. Thoughts?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Blicavs vs Goldstein.

English out for potentially two weeks concerns me, and my forward and ruck bench is English, Teakle and Comben (FML) - so Butters out, forward/ruck cover in.

Both have similar means and medians since Round 3 (Blicavs) and Round 7 (Goldy). Goldy has a much higher ceiling but also Noble has already shown a desire to get Xerri #1 ruck time. Blicavs is just Mr Consistent at the moment. Haven't watched much of either to sell myself one way or another. Thoughts?
I agree with your thoughts. Goldy is the better ruck and has a pretty good run of opponents, the only risk is if Xerri gets given another go as the main ruck, and it could happen. Blicavs has shown consistent enough numbers that you would be confident that's about what he will score. It depends how much risk you want to take, but Goldy seems the better option to me, and expect to have to make at least three more ruck trades in any case...

AFL Club
Collingwood
McCartin + SDK > Luke Jackson (thanks to English dpp, but i dont know why but i feel so dirty trading him in?) And rookie (Parnell or Clarke)

Vs
Grab Goldy

Vs
McCartin and SDK for Himmelberg

14 trades left
5k in bank after the straight swap of Butters > Parker

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
McCartin + SDK > Luke Jackson (thanks to English dpp, but i dont know why but i feel so dirty trading him in?) And rookie (Parnell or Clarke)

Vs
Grab Goldy

Vs

14 trades left
If you still need to complete your FWD line then I’d be tempted to grab Goldy as a fairly unique FWD and short term cover for English.

AFL Club
Essendon
Tossing up between Daicos -> Mills v Hobbs -> Andrew Brayshaw as my last MID upgrade. Mills makes sense as an uber POD and feels like the safer bet for a 120 average. However, I’m inclined to hold Daicos (for the short term or possibly for the rest of the season). He’s now punching out scores that make him genuinely loopable in DEF and provides very good cover for DEF and MID. Hobbs provides ok cover but I feel like he’ll start to taper a bit as the season progresses. Classic risk v reward decision.

Leaning Brayshaw. Makes my team very Brayshaw heavy but I’ve loved what Gus has been doing and we’re a family club at BigJennyTalia FFC so why not!

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Blicavs vs Goldstein.

Both seem like decent options, although I suspect both may face some role risk. North’s situation seems like it’s still in flux given how poorly they are performing, and Ceglar is seemingly fit again this week.

AFL Club
Collingwood
If you still need to complete your FWD line then I’d be tempted to grab Goldy as a fairly unique FWD and short term cover for English.
Still need to finish my fwd line but was thinking i could use Jackson to sling to bont or Himmelberg once his stint is over

But i guess i could do the same with Goldy and flip him if Xerri comes back to no.1?

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Vs
Grab Goldy

Vs

14 trades left
I think the Jackson option probably seems the best of these. Goldy is not bad either, Himmelberg the last of the 3 for me.
Tossing up between Daicos -> Mills v Hobbs -> Andrew Brayshaw as my last MID upgrade. Mills makes sense as an uber POD and feels like the safer bet for a 120 average. However, I’m inclined to hold Daicos (for the short term or possibly for the rest of the season). He’s now punching out scores that make him genuinely loopable in DEF and provides very good cover for DEF and MID. Hobbs provides ok cover but I feel like he’ll start to taper a bit as the season progresses. Classic risk v reward decision.

Leaning Brayshaw. Makes my team very Brayshaw heavy but I’ve loved what Gus has been doing and we’re a family club at BigJennyTalia FFC so why not!
I prefer Daicos as cover, and I think most people will need to rely on cover from here at some point. I do prefer Mills of these two, but Brayshaw is not a bad fallback option. Brayshaw would be my pick too.