Discussion 2022 Round 15: Teams & In Game Discussion - Friday Games 7:00pm & 8:40pm AEST

AFL Club
North Melb.
I used two trades to go one up/one down with rookies to bring in Bont.

But just realised if I'd gone up to Luke Jackson instead and he makes $100k then I could still have used two trades and ended up in the same place, but kept one of my better rookies in the process.

Hmmm.

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is this basically the first game Melbourne have had their entire first choice defense?

Lever 368k...
He played well, but I thought he was decently over scored. 83 DT to 134 SC
He seemed to be the beneficiary of the mystical SC phenomenon, where if you start well, you don't need to do a lot to keep your score ticking over. I know it's not just K/M/H, but at one stage he went up around 25 points over a 10 minute period, after only having one disp in that time.
If he had scored 110-115, I wouldn't have been shocked!

Rowsus

Statistician
AFL Club
Melbourne
Never ends well when your V starts so well. Neale scored 55 points in the first 15 minutes and then another 55 in the next 100.
Yeah, it's funny isn't it?
20 minute mark of the 1st qtr I was thinking, "I've missed a trick here!". It struck me he scored a 152 against Melb in the finals last year, and I was really thinking "damn it!".
Harmesy did a good job on him from qtr time on.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
3/373
Played: L Jackson (debut), C Oliver, L Neale (VC)

Yet to play:
Friday: J Macrae, J Dunkley, J Ridley and Z Merrett
Saturday: G Hewett, P Cripps, S Darcy, W Brodie, J Short, I Heeney, L Parker and P McCartin
Sunday: R Laird (C), J Dawson, J Kelly, S Pendlebury, S Coniglio and T Miller

Great start by Jackson replacing Butters, covering English and compensating for a possible donut at F6. Captaincy duties will now fall to either Laird or Macrae.