Strategy 2022: Round 20 Trades

How many trades do you have left at the start of round 20?

• 0 (The NTLC is open!)

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 1 (about to join the NTLC)

Votes: 20 20.6%

Votes: 26 26.8%

Votes: 24 24.7%

Votes: 9 9.3%

Votes: 2 2.1%

Votes: 9 9.3%

• 9 or more (saved a boost for finals in case I needed it?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
First week of SUPERCOACH finals!

Time for a luxury trade?

Jai Culley on the bubble and likely the most traded in rookie this week.

Are people sick of the likes of Short & Crisp? Hold or trade Hewett if he misses one more?

Houston & Gresham likely to miss.

Time to cash in the likes of McCartin/SDK/Wehr?

AFL Club
GWS Giants
1 Trade left and just playing overall, likely to hold unless an LTI creeps in during the week.

Just had a look and big decision to make in regards to Daicos and sideways to Stewart. This will be the only week I'll be able to afford to do it I imagine but with one trade it's incredibly risky.

AFL Club
North Melb.
I've got the two trades left and depending on how the BEs fall, I might be able to take either Hobbs or Wehr to Zorko with one move next week to improve some cover.

The other option would be to burn them both and bring in Culley + $550k M/F, again to improve the cover: Bailey Smith or Parker perhaps?

That would leave me without anything to replace a premo who could miss the last 3 weeks :unsure:

Hmm I've got Short, Crisp & Jackson all stinking it up & $169k to use. I might go Jackson to Tarranto & Crisp to Stewart

But that also depends on Hewett playing

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Houston will have to go if he misses. He was out with concussion right?

Options are..
1. straight swap to Stewart
2. himmelberg to the backline and Houston goes to Walsh (less than 5k off steele or mills.. so irritated)

All depends on if coleman is back or not I think. Also... if treloar is out I'm basically screwed with 1 trade left.

AFL Club
West Coast
So for my final trade I'm thinking Wehr up to anyone up to $583,800. I reckon Stewart is the front running option although points could be made for Mills and Walsh. Steele just out of reach unfortunately.

2022-7-25_11-2-24.PNG

Four trades, Stewart seems nice but not critical at this point given outs can tank a season at any point. Hopefully Hewett is back - I'll probably loophole the underperforming Crisp/Short combo if so. Cracked the top 100 this week somehow after starting off in the 50ks.

AFL Club
Carlton
Four trades, Stewart seems nice but not critical at this point given outs can tank a season at any point. Hopefully Hewett is back - I'll probably loophole the underperforming Crisp/Short combo if so. Cracked the top 100 this week somehow after starting off in the 50ks.
Three of the Cats four last games are at Kardinia Park where Stewart has gone massive twice this season. Opponents at home are the Dogs, Saints and Eagles, with Gold Coast away round 22.

AFL Club
Geelong
Think if you have any capacity to get Stewart its an absolute no brainer to be honest, 3 of the last 4 are at Home and the other is Gold Coast, will average 130 the next month.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Three of the Cats four last games are at Kardinia Park where Stewart has gone massive twice this season. Opponents at home are the Dogs, Saints and Eagles, with Gold Coast away round 22.
Think if you have any capacity to get Stewart its an absolute no brainer to be honest, 3 of the last 4 are at Home and the other is Gold Coast, will average 130 the next month.
I think Stewart has to come in for me this week, just a question of for who. Crisp, Short and Ridley all on the chopping block.

AFL Club
Carlton
I think Stewart has to come in for me this week, just a question of for who. Crisp, Short and Ridley all on the chopping block.
I've just got Crisp from those three so it's a pretty easy decision. I think from those three, I would probably get rid of Short (I thankfully got rid of him three weeks ago), his role is just terrible, he's not even getting many cbas anymore, he's playing this half-forward type role.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have the exact cash to go Short to Stewart and Crisp to Hall, I just don't trust Hall to stay on the park for the remainder of the season, so it will probably be the one trade, and I agree with you about Short's role, even though his recent form is better than Crisp's.

AFL Club
Melbourne
3 trades left, only $35k in bank.

Biggest issue: D6 Whitfield. Short D5 also not good however not enough trades to deal with him too.

Considering doing both these trades:
- Oliver to Steele (unsure about Oliver thumb, and frees up cash);
- Whitfield to Stewart.

Then in R21, with my last trade, Wehr to Zorko for D7 and M9 coverage. All lines will have some coverage with Zorko and McCartin.