Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Use whatever format you like.

Score: 2,435
Round Rank: 294
Overall Rank: 3,306 (Up 5,972)
Trades Made: OUT Dixon, Daicos & Whitfield, IN: McComb, Zorko & Cripps
Heroes: Oliver (135x2), Cripps (151), Macrae 144, Sicily (132), Neale 123, Zorko (123), Miller (122), Crisp (121), Brodie (115), Short (109), Petracca (106) & Preuss (103).
Villains: Dunkley (78), Cogs (70) & Butters (52).
Comments:
After 7 rounds of mediocrity I've finally had a good round! Including 527 from 3 players on a Sunday which is almost unheard of for a bloody sunday lol. Trade plans this week included trading Hewett for Gawn but with Hayes going well, I ended up not doing that trade. One regret I had was trading Daicos over NOD. Getting rid of Whitfield looked great at half time... but not so great the 2nd half. This one trade may come back to bite me in the coming rounds. McComb had a good score and with all those bulldogs injuries he should stay in the side and make plenty of cash just in time to cull at his byes. After being on my never again list... Cripps has jumped off it yet again LOL. Almost had him as captain but still have nightmares from that round 4 game. Other POD recruit in Zorko was also a great trade in. Skipping Neale's VC was very dangerous as most found out with Gawn/Steele. Luckily I owned neither and popped it on Oliver to gain 12 points.

DEF: (9.5/10)
James Sicily leading the charge down back with his biggest score of the year and making it a 6 tonne streak and only going under 100 once. Jayden Short still doing well in his new midfield role. Sicily & Short are now both equal 2nd on total points narrowly behind Docherty. Crisp not far behind on total points being in 5th place with an excellent score. New recruit Zorko with a great first score formy side. He was averaging 89.3 before this week but if you took out his round 1 score when he was injured and subbed out, he was actually averaging 100. I thought NOD was going to score big against North which is why I kept him, in hidnsight probably should have just offloaded him. When McCartin scored 94 I was going to bench Whitfield... however inthe spur of the momentI figured that it was my perfect chance to get rid of the weak part ofmy defence in Whitfield. Not gonna lie, it felt great up until the 2nd half lol. Only time will tell if that was a mistake or not. SDK also going great and making money. Only issue with McCartin & SDK is that it'll be pretty hard to cash them out with not many great defensive rookies on the horizon.

MID: (9.5/10)
The new fab five in Miller/Neale/Oliver/Macrae/Cripps all going 120+ was great. (Steele technically should be counted in that fab five but nt this week and I'm very lucky to not have him this week.) Macrae trolling many after 2 weeks of sub 100 scores which I assume meant his VC numbers were down with myself included in that. Miller with a huge start only to get taggedand then recovered a little. VC Neale looked to be going150+ easily untilthe 4th qtr which was quite disappointing. Oliver/Cripps then became my captain candidates after but went with Oliver after being scared of Cripps doing a hammy again. Petracca a bit lower than what I hoped forbut hopefully he can punish the eagles next week. Bazlenka spending 61% of time up fwd was very disappointing. I can only hope he gains fwd DPP status in the next batch of DPP giveaways. Rowell recovered well in the last qtr but definitely needs to be upgraded likely tobe slingshotted at his bye. McComb excellent cash making option. Have waited rounds for Ward to get that spike score and I don't thinkit's going to come. Likely to be traded this week.

RUC: (9.5/10)
Preuss a bit lower than what I had hoped for but still making a nice tonne. Sam Hayes basically saved me from overpaying for Gawn.

FWD: (7.5/10)
Brodie lead the fwd line this week with a game high 37 touches against North. Hated that my POD Parker lost his POD status this week and that you all broke him lol. Popular picks in Dunkley and COGs very disappointing but cant complain much. Butters on the other hand is putrid and will need a correction at some stage. Nic Martin has to be close to SC rookie of the year. Not sure I will be trading him at all as he could become a nice F7. Thank god I didn't loop Butters as Rosas was likely to be the replacement for him onfield but now his cash gen is going to stall which isnt great for culling. Connor MacDonald with what is likely to be his last price rise in my team.

Intended Trades: Have 273k in the kitty to go shopping after offloading Whitfield. The hawks rookies on the chopping block for some of the good rookies most likely.

AFL Club
Richmond
Score: 2,365
Weekly Ranking: 2,603
Season Ranking: 8,940 (up 6,960 spots)
Trades made: Rachele (40) to McComb (73), Daicos (80) to Miller (122), Hewett (DNP) to Cumming (128)
Heroes: Cripps (151), Macrae (144 x 2), Oliver (135), Dawson (134), Cumming (128), Neale (123), Miller (122), Crisp (121)
Villains: Butters (52), Coniglio (70), Stewart (74), Heeney (75), Dunkley (78), Rosas (18) on bench stuffing his cash gen

Comments:
Bit of a funny week as I didn't really feel like I was doing that well until I saw the weekly ranking, which is my best weekly ranking of the season.
Some real dud premium scores but I guess my def PODs in Dawson and new addition Cumming really fired which would have made the difference.

Have moved up 17k in the rankings in the last 2 weeks, which in the short term is good confirmation that my aggressive trading strategy is paying off, still a long way to go however

Hewetts still bleeding cork sounded bad, moved him out and banking on him missing this coming week and only playing the 2 before his bye, will then get him back in after his bye

Intended Trades:
4 good/decent looking rookie options on the bubble this week (presuming Strnadica plays) so will need to decide how many of them need to come in
Would ideally like to upgrade again this week and will use my last boost. Brayshaw and Darcy are high on my list but getting WA players worry me with their weekly protocol issues, until there is some confidence that they're past it I think I will steer clear
English will likely be my in presuming he plays and Martin comes out

Need some decent def rookies to come in please

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2293
Heroes: Neale (VC), Macrae, Cripps, Clarry, Trac, Short, Sicily, Touk, Preuss, Brodie, mcCartin
Villains: Butters, Bowey
Trades: Rachelle for Parker, Horne for McComb
Planned Trades: Berry, Bowey, Gibcus ready to move on. Not sure who to target yet or if its a good week to boost. Would like to get Steele but waiting at least a week makes more sense.
Comments:
I guess I was par score since my ranking moved just one single place down :) Conservative captains picks is the story of my year.

New recruit Parker went home early just like my Hawks did. I did see a report he rolled an ankle, so hoping nothing serious.

Butters turning into a poor starting pick although not many premium forwards currently screaming pick me so will probably hold for now. Whitfield might eventually find a scoring role if Cameron learnt anything from his second half.

Annoyed at Bowey’s poor score as will have to move him on just when he has WC and North next two. Had been toying with holding him til his bye. Hopefully Hewett will be back to make the decision easy.

Still 25 trades and 4 boosts left so options still a plenty.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Score: 2,272
Round Rank: 16,527
Overall Rank: 6,717 (Up 736)
Trades Made: OUT Rachele, NDacios, Hewett, IN: McComb, Sicily & Oliver
Heroes: Siciliy, Neale, Oliver, Macrae (C), Cripps, Brodie, SDK, Martin
Villains: NOD, Hinge, Ridley, JDG, Gawn
Comments:
Another so-so round, traded in a 132 and a 135, had highest score as C (Macrae), but still could not make much progress which is a bit dissapointing. SDK was the savior covering Ridley (late out). Hewett became colateral damage when Ridley was out, but happy enough to finally close of the Oliver and Sicily negative POD's. NOD, Hinge on field over McCartin dropped a few points, but at least it was not a 0 for Ridley's late out. Lots of so-so scores Jelly (85), Green (96), Rowell (88), Dunkley (78), Parker (89), Heeney (75), Coniglio (70), were that main barriers to a good score this week.

Got 3 true rookies left to upgrade, NOD, Hinge and Martin. Martin can hold down F6 for the moment, but something needs to be done about D5.

Intended Trades: Can do JHF to Rioli and NOD to Zorko with about 5k to spare, leaves Martin F6 and McCartin D6 as the only true rookies on field, but Rowell is M8 and Preuss R2. May also need to use my last 'boost' to get one of Strndica or Hamiltion to sure-up the FWD coverage which is currently Dixon and Benning :sick:

AFL Club
Adelaide
Score: 2,246
Overall: 47,706 (up from 53,931)
Value: $12,948,200 + $20,300 itb
Leagues Won: 6/10
Heroes: Cripps, Macrae, Oliver, Sicily, Neale, Crisp, Brodie, Short, Preuss, Keays,
Zeroes: Stewart, Butters.
Trade Out Made: Daicos, Hayes, McCartin
Trade In Made: Sicily, Cripps, Parker
Planned Trades: tba
Comments:
Jumped wrong way trading McCartin over NOD.
A strong start in my team for Sicily & Cripps but Parker a bit underwhelming.

Clark out helps my upgrade plans as I can wait another week for him.
Carroll & MRioli in the frame to come in with NOD and one other to go out.

Butters a disappointment, but I think I’ll hold and re-assess around his bye.

Gawn having a quiet game certainly helped me win a couple of league H2H, and hopefully slows his price rise enough to make him affordable in a few week's time.

AFL Club
Fremantle
Score: 2,293
Weekly Ranking: 11,964
Season Ranking: 3,895 (up 782 spots)
Trades made: Rachele (40) to Petracca (106), Dixon (DNP) to Parker (89), Berry (65) to Carroll (59)
Heroes: Cripps (151), Macrae (144 x 2), Oliver (135), Neale (123), Crisp (121), Sicily (132), Cripps (151), Brodie (115)
Villains: Butters (52), Coniglio (70), Heeney (75), Dunkley (78), Steele (75), Rosas (18) on bench

Comments:

Stoked with the result of this round given I had English and Hewett on the bench. Hopefully get them both back this week (fingers crossed) and can knock out a other def upgrade. 22 trades remaining and probably need 5 upgrades still

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Score: 2,168
Weekly Ranking: 49,152
Season Ranking: 3,399 (down 1,784 spots)
Trades made: Hewett, Rachele, Dixon to Short, Parker, Curtis
Heroes: Oliver (135), Neale (123), Crisp (121), Sicily (132), Brodie (115), Miller (122)
Villains: Butters (52), Coniglio (70), Heeney (75), Dunkley (78), Rosas (18), Sinclair (83), De Goey (74)

Comments: My structure is quite broken at present as I have too many mid/fwd in my mids & I had no way off putting one of those in the fwd line as I had too many fwd rookies. Missed mccomb and went Curtis. So this week I need to cull one of my fwd rookies and strengthen that line. A lot of scores in the 70's & 80's which prevented me from hitting par this week. Lost a lot of rank but hoping I can turn it around this week.

AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2,288
Weekly Ranking: 13,007
Season Ranking: 6,140 (up 1275)
Trades made: Rachele > McComb, Daicos > Curtis
Heroes: Cripps, Macrae , Oliver, Neale, Crisp, Miller, Brodie, Preuss,McCartin S Hayes & Dixon for not playing allowing me to get Hayes score :p
Villains: Butters , Coniglio, Heeney , Dunkley

Comments:
I cashed myself up to get Gawn for Dixon but with Hayes scoring well & Dixon not being selected I decided to hold the trade so could access all options this week & save a boost.

Intended trades:
Leaning NOD & Hinge > Sicily & Dawson/Lloyd, good chance Stephens > Rioli (loved his game on the weekend/ so team orientated, Dimma would of loved that - would have good job security now). Have to have a proper look at my bye structure to see what will suit best.

I was going to rage trade Butters > Steele but after Steele scoring just 75 on the weekend he will have a nice price drop so might wait on him till after his round 12 bye. Butters has North this week so good chance he bounces back, isn't playing at home either (4 x 50 scores this year) which is a bonus :p

Last edited:
AFL Club
Richmond
Score: 2,267 Neale c
Weekly Ranking: 17,672
Season Ranking: 12,188 (up 1932)
Trades made: Out : Dixon, T.Dow, Hewitt In: Darcy, C.Hamilton, J.Carroll.
Heroes: Darcy, Macrae , Oliver, A.Brayshaw, Neale, Crisp, Brodie, Preuss,McCartin
Villains: Butters , Coniglio, , Dunkley, Steele, Taranto.

Comments:
Happy with bringing in Darcy. Traded Hewitt on Sunday to avoid a donut to put Hinge on field after Ridley late out caught me napping.Time will tell how that works out.
Had The Bont on the bench so happy I didn't again drop in rankings.
This week I've decided to chop N.Martin so I can bring in Stewart and Docherty.
Losing some money going early on N.Martin but with the extra trades I can still complete my team easily imo.

Intended trades: Out, N.Martin, N.Daicos, N.O'Driscoll In: Stewart, Docherty, M.Rioli

Last edited:
AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2,267
Heroes: Darcy, Macrae , Oliver, A.Brayshaw, Neale, Crisp, Brodie, Preuss,McCartin

Comments:
Happy with bringing in Darcy. Traded Hewitt on Sunday to avoid a donut to put Hinge on field after Ridley late out caught be napping.Time will tell how that works out.
Losing some money going early on N.Martin but with the extra trades I can still complete my team easily imo.

Intended trades: Out, N.Martin, N.Daicos, N.O'Driscoll In: Stewart, Docherty, M.Rioli
N Martin? BE of 30 with a 3 round avg of 96.3

Surely you have someone better to trade?
He is the rookie I am least worried about upgrading with his role/ scoring ability/general football ability - he could actually end up being a keeper/ very handy F7 with dual positioning to cover 2 lines.

AFL Club
Richmond

He is the rookie I am least worried about upgrading with his role/ scoring ability/general football ability - he could actually end up being a keeper/ very handy F7 with dual positioning to cover 2 lines.
Fair call but I'm not sure he is a keeper and I want to get Stewart in asap.
Still have cash cows to use like Preuss,S.Hayes , McCartin, DeKoning and Clarke to bring in next week.
It's risky but I don't want to fall further behind.
Alternative is to wait or trade Butters.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Melbourne
Score: 2,267 Neale c

Comments:
Happy with bringing in Darcy. Traded Hewitt on Sunday to avoid a donut to put Hinge on field after Ridley late out caught be napping.Time will tell how that works out.
Had The Bont on the bench so happy I didn't again drop in rankings.

Fair call but I'm not sure he is a keeper and I want to get Stewart in asap.
Still have cash cows to use like Preuss,S.Hayes , McCartin, DeKoning and Clarke to bring in next week.
It's risky but I don't want to fall further behind.
Alternative is to wait or trade Butters.
Personally I think if you are using him to get a top liner (someone that is going to be top 1-4 on any line), then I don't have a problem with it.

The only crevat being that you if Martin is requried on-field and you are replacing him with a Rosas or Dixon type (poor on-field option) and you are going to be losing points there, then it is probably counter productive.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Score: 2,103
Season Ranking: 11,397 (down nearly 6000 spots)
Trades made: J. McInerney --> Blicavs, Naish --> McComb, Newcombe --> Touk
Heroes: Not enough - Cripps, Neale (C), Miller, Blakey, Blicavs, Petracca, Preuss
Villains: Too many - Butters (52), Coniglio (70), Heeney (75), Dunkley (78), Gresham (55) & Titch (40 - you've got to be kidding)

Comments:

I thought I was set up for a competitive round, albeit holding English & Hewett, but the sinking feeling kicked in on Friday night & it only got worse from there.
I was holding down #97 ranking after 3 rounds, but the SC gods have been working me over pretty good. A flurry of painful injuries were inflicted in rounds 4-7 and my early lead on points was neutralised. In round 8 they've hit me with what feels very much like a knock-out 3 punch combo - Butters, Gresham & Titch - totalling a miserable 149.
Don't see any way of coming back after - KO'd in the 8th.

Can any of the Hawks members @Goodies Guns, @Ironhawk etc. offer any explanation of what's going on with Titch?
Seemed like a good trade-in option after scores of 119 & 142 (rounds 4-5) but has since gone 105, 78 & 40.
Is there any case to made for keeping him?

Hard to find positives any more, but the 3 guys I brought in all went really well.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can any of the Hawks members @Goodies Guns, @Ironhawk etc. offer any explanation of what's going on with Titch?
Seemed like a good trade-in option after scores of 119 & 142 (rounds 4-5) but has since gone 105, 78 & 40.
Is there any case to made for keeping him?
I would suggest that you get rid of him. I don't think he has his high scoring role this year unfortunately. There are certain teams he might be able to do well against if he plays a lot of time around the ball, but it won't happen every week.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Score: 2263
Heroes: Macrae (VC), Neale, Clarry, Short, Touk, Preuss, Brodie, mcCartin
Villains: Butters, JHF, B Smith, T Green
Trades: Rachelle for Parker, Dow for McComb
Planned Trades: O'Driscoll>Clark/Rookie, JHF>Cripps
Comments:
Burning through too many trades, only 19 left after this week and 3 boosts and still need 2 prem def, 1 prem mid and upgrade B.Smith and T. Green and get rid of Butters and upgrade Martin and maybe Coniglio eventually.

AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2256
Weekly Ranking: 20658
Overall Rank: 4334 (down 218)
Team Value + CTB: 12,557,900
Trades Made: Owens to McComb & Dixon to Hamilton
Heroes: Short, Dawson, Daicos, De Koning, Neale (VC+C), Oliver, Macrae, Miller, Cripps, Martin, McComb, Preuss, Hayes, Brodie, McCartin
Villains: Steele, Dunkley, Heeney, Coniglio, Butters

Comments: A lot of upheaval with team selection meant that Fancy Hibiscus went into Round 8 missing George Hewett and potentially missing Jordan Ridley. Robbie McComb came in for Mitchito Owens, as there were a lot of permutations regarding trade possibilities. After Sam Hayes scored 98, I decided to keep Jack Hayes as a loop for another week, and waited to see selection news on Hugh Dixon combined with seeing what Rosas scored. After a very disappointing 18 with the E, Dixon made way for Cooper Hamilton, allowing me to field Coniglio in the forward line, and using Hewett, I took McComb's 73 off the bench. In defence, Gibcus scored a very handy 66 which covered a potential Ridley late out very nicely. In the end, I missed out on SDK's 82, which was less of a disaster than it could have been as Hinge made a decent second-half showing to end up with a half-way respectable score. Kaine Baldwin was a late in as he scored by far his highest score of the season, so hopefully he's not completely dead as a cash cow yet.

Trades Planned: The big decision will rest on whether to triple downgrade this week or to include an upgrade. Strnadica v Sean Darcy appears to be the key cornerstone of that decision.

1652081961532.png

AFL Club
Adelaide
Score: 2,237
Round Rank: 26,184
Overall Rank: 24,441 (Up 2,223)
Trades Made: OUT Daicos, Dow, Rachele, IN: Zorko, Hamilton, Moore.
Heroes: Macrae, Oliver, Zorko, Neale, Touk, Crisp, Brodie, Preuss, Hayes, McCartin, Martin, SDK.
Villains: Butters, Steele, Cogs, Dunks.
Comments:
Just can't seem to get a good week. New recruit Moore had his lowest score for the year, typical :LOL:, but I am happy with the upgrade. Zorko was good, although against the Eagles. Wanted to get Cripps back in my team but became greedy for 2 upgrades. Not sure what to do about Cripps now, could trade him in this week, that would leave Rowell at M8.
I'm burning through the trades but don't seem to be improving my team much. 2 boosts left but probably use one this week. Hewett and English hopefully back this week should strengthen on field considerably.

Intended Trades: Butters is annoying, especially as I didn't start him, and after 2 tons, I swallowed my pride and traded him in when TT went down. I think he probably goes for Darcy (wow, he is seriously good), but will lose ruck swing. Will look at bubble boys Rioli and co.

AFL Club
West Coast
Score: 2,311
Weekly Ranking: 8,770
Overall Rank: 23,141 (+7,680)
Team Value + CTB: $13.3m
Trades Made:
JHF > McComb & Rachele/Daicos > Parker and Stewart
Heroes: Short, Neale (C), Oliver, Macrae, Miller, Cripps, Crisp, Sicily, Preuss, Hayes, Brodie, McCartin
Villains: Stewart, Walsh, Dunkley, Heeney, Butters

Key Review:

1) After being ranked 10k @ week 2, drifted back to ranking over 30k and finally had a good round and jump this week. Hayes not always going to beat Gawn owners I expect! :LOL:

2) versus R8 2021, Team value is +$850k and two more trades . Given team value hit +$14m in 2021, suggests this is a unique year.

3) Bench of Gibcus, SDK, Ward, Dixon, NOD offer reasonable opportunity to keep upgrade cadence at reasonable level.

4) English to come in if he plays. Steele likely to be left to after bye (one round of up price), Gawn more likely next.

5). Rookie choices critical as will determine who plays over the byes. Dixon stranded at R3 will pair with English, ideally would downgrade him.

6) Carroll hard run coming, Strnadica is he best ruck still with Jamieson, Rioli master of impact not volume, Cooper tough team, Hamilton endurance low accumulator. Rioli's dad was my junior coach so he is a given.

Trade outlook

Butters - good run, is he really best 22 with Parker and English in forward line. Last week was main poor score if allowing for two injury games and one flu. Rozee looks to be impacting role. Not sure in keeping him as a 23rd player.

Berry - gonsky, had thought a big score against Eagles would have been possible

More tempting to move Ward, MacDonald on than Gibcus or NoD.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
I would suggest that you get rid of him. I don't think he has his high scoring role this year unfortunately. There are certain teams he might be able to do well against if he plays a lot of time around the ball, but it won't happen every week.
Thanks Ironhawk - I really, really wish I had sought your opinion before trading him (Titch) in. Still find it hard to believe he only made 40.. ☹️