Strategy 2022: Round 9 Trades

AFL Club
Essendon
Just as an FYI Darcy has three tough matchups in his next 4 games: Witts, (nobody), Gawn and the Big O / Fort combo, so I don't think his price is going to get too far away before the byes if he is in your longer term plans...
I didn't look that far ahead. That's great to know if end up having to leave him off for this week. Thanks heaps!

AFL Club
Essendon
Looking similar Sam to what I am doing. Have Dixon stranded capital as well.

Been toying with Petracca vs Laird, yet Laird looks super consistent. His run feels good and his scorers are not against all easy teams.

Berry/Ward/NoD to Petracca/Clark/Rioli this week. Edit Was looking Laird yet will impact English trade.

Then in next 1-2 weeks, Gibcus to Cleary and Maybe Dixon to English.

Had considered your loophole, dont think Dixon plays, should be Naish as emg. Hard to know what to make of Darcy, more susceptible to injuries this year, scoring up and down. Gawn also has a harder run, hence English focus.

Keeping the $200k rookies for now if they are playing.
Trac also a great option. I'd be very tempted this week if I didn't already have him. Great price point and with a good match up this week (sorry Phil) - although Trac seems just as likely to score big in a tough match up. Hard to predict when he will go off.

I mostly want Darcy for the ceiling. Epic ceiling. I'll likely end up with English as well as a R/F donut at R3. Darcy gets injured frequently but also tends to recover quickly. I'll be happy with English as cover.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems like the best move for my team is Dixon / Ward / Stephens -> Sicily (via NOD) / Rioli / Carroll for now.

Only thing I'm tossing up is Carroll vs Hamilton for positional flexibility going into the bye rounds, but there's a solid case for both going forwards (Carrol for cash and Cripps cover, Hamilton because he makes shuffling around coming into bye weeks easier).

Does that seem like the right move to close off what feels like a negative POD in Sicily and get another DEF rookie off the field?

Should I go for a POD instead down back or on another line? Is there someone obvious I'm missing who'd be a better fit?

My team had slipped quite a bit on overall rank over the past few weeks but it managed to claw some ground back last round to be just outside the top 5k and I'm hoping to continue making further inroads coming into the byes so it feels like I have to make some moves over the next couple of weeks to keep pushing further up.

23 trades including 3 boosts left after these trades - any thoughts would be appreciated:

1652494511003.png

AFL Club
West Coast
What chance Maurice Jnr plays up to and through the byes?
I reckon it would have to be a pretty good chance if he brings the pressure he did in his last 2 games. Hardwick has applauded his defnesive efforts so if he continues bringing that pressure (with a few goals here and there)... I think he's a good chance to stick around for a while.

AFL Club
Melbourne
I did Macdonald Dixon to Rioli Hamilton 356k spare
Only 16 left.

Will leave to the byes now.

Currently active
R12 -19
R13 -18
R14 -21 (20 with 3 rucks)

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems like the best move for my team is Dixon / Ward / Stephens -> Sicily (via NOD) / Rioli / Carroll for now.

Only thing I'm tossing up is Carroll vs Hamilton for positional flexibility going into the bye rounds, but there's a solid case for both going forwards (Carrol for cash and Cripps cover, Hamilton because he makes shuffling around coming into bye weeks easier).

Does that seem like the right move to close off what feels like a negative POD in Sicily and get another DEF rookie off the field?

Should I go for a POD instead down back or on another line? Is there someone obvious I'm missing who'd be a better fit?

My team had slipped quite a bit on overall rank over the past few weeks but it managed to claw some ground back last round to be just outside the top 5k and I'm hoping to continue making further inroads coming into the byes so it feels like I have to make some moves over the next couple of weeks to keep pushing further up.

23 trades including 3 boosts left after these trades - any thoughts would be appreciated:

View attachment 44051
Sicily is one I would be disinclined to bet against, but if you were looking for a POD, Dawson and Laird both look to me to be potentially building, with a good number of easy games to come, and a record of scoring better in the second half of the season.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Sicily is one I would be disinclined to bet against, but if you were looking for a POD, Dawson and Laird both look to me to be potentially building, with a good number of easy games to come, and a record of scoring better in the second half of the season.
Yeah kinda feels that way so it's probably the time to bring Sicily in now and then maybe look at the PODs over the bye rounds as we get into slingshot mode.

Last edited:

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah kinda feels that way so it's probably the time to bring Sicily in now and then maybe look at the PODs over the bye rounds as we get into slingshot mode...
That may make sense. Adelaide’s easier draw arguably starts from R12 in any case (Bris, Gee, StK before then), so you may not miss a lot by waiting unless you expect their price to rise.

AFL Club
Collingwood
That may make sense. Adelaide’s easier draw arguably starts from R12 in any case (Bris, Gee, StK before then), so you may not miss a lot by waiting unless you expect their price to rise.
Yeah I was just thinking the same thing - might look at bringing in Dawson or Laird for round 12, somewhat counterintuitive to bring in a player a week before their bye but I'll need the warm body in round 12 more than round 13 when I'll likely still have some or all of NOD, Rowell, SDK and McCartin to flip out.

AFL Club
West Coast
Trac also a great option. I'd be very tempted this week if I didn't already have him. Great price point and with a good match up this week (sorry Phil) - although Trac seems just as likely to score big in a tough match up. Hard to predict when he will go off.

I mostly want Darcy for the ceiling. Epic ceiling. I'll likely end up with English as well as a R/F donut at R3. Darcy gets injured frequently but also tends to recover quickly. I'll be happy with English as cover.
Thanks Sam. Also realised Petrracca bye is very good, middle bye looks horrific and don't want to be overly relying on trades to sort the issue out. Often leads to sub optimal rookies being picked.