2022: AFL SC Player Discussions

AFL Club
North Melb.
Cogs was certainly the first name that jumped out, great upside even if it takes a bit of time. But for 22 performance Ceglar would be my pick on the gamble he nails the #1 ruck role.
I think Rhys Stanley casts a Ben McEvoy type shadow over Jonathon Ceglar.

I have fallen for the Ceglar trap before.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think Rhys Stanley casts a Ben McEvoy type shadow over Jonathon Ceglar.

I have fallen for the Ceglar trap before.
Nah you're right to worry. Normally I'm 100% main ruck in the forward line = sold. McEvoy is better mark, better kick, better mover, and better against Graundy. Ceglar is a better tap ruck against some opponents. If he doesn't main ruck there is every chance he sits out with Patton/Frost arriving. I would strongly urge against an R2 start with the view to swing forward. I also note his R3 match is Grundy, the first match for full price impact. He also comes up against Gawn, Goldy and Nic Nat before the bye. Plenty of risk. Also a chance to buy post buy as his Gawn low score will fully roll through his price. He is firmly on my watch for upgrade list but too much risk for a starting spot for me. That risky F3/4 spot is TJL's for me.
I have not. I have suggested people should not (that TJL statement :oops:) . As soon as it hits the fan clarko would revert and there was a non zero donut risk.

I think there is a chasm between the saints' rejects. McEvoy is amazing. He is in his own level, (maybe with peak Steph Martin) well above most ruckman and but below peak Sandi, Grundy, gawn, goldy. The risks are the same, but this year it's different. #fingerscrossed.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Richmond
Hypothetical
You are playing a Supercoach keepers league, you have the first pick in the draft and you need a forward who do you take.
J Ceglar R/F
D Rioli
Coniglio
Peter Wright
Curnow
Your thoughts are much appreciated
After seeing the way half backs scores in 2021
I’d be all over Rioli in that mix
if cogs plays midfield again then he’s the obvious number 1 but Rioli could legit average 85-95 next year.
In the last 6 games at half back he finished off great averaging 86

AFL Club
Essendon
Any feedback would be great. Geelong must add some leg speed into the midfield and half back to have one last crack at it. So that will be Parfitt, Sam Simpson surely, so what the projections of these two guys in supercoach next season. Are there other players.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Got an email 22/12 regarding the team picker.
As mentioned, it opened on the 23rd last year. It looks like the AFL fantasy site is open, so I am guessing it will be available early this week, so they can compete.

Everyone has Gold access right now, it was meant to be for the first two rounds of the BBL season - we are part way through R3 now. They will likely cut off that before they open the team picker, so maybe it will open at the end of this BBL round, late Wednesday/early Thursday?
Seems consistent! With previous years comments courtesy ironhawk

AFL Club
West Coast
The potential role for Elijah Hollands in 2022 has been further explained, he is likely to be used through a midfield/forward role but with his elite disposal could see some time spent across half-back.

Gold Coast Recruiting Manager Kall Burns provided the latest update on Hollands in an interview with Callum Twomey last week on the Road to the Draft Podcast.

Senior coach Stuart Dew will have the final say over pre-season according to Burns.

Hollands injured his knee in his draft year of 2020, he was selected at pick 7 by the Suns in the same year.

He spent his first year at an AFL club in rehab & was back to playing VFL by mid-year, he is expected to make an early AFL debut in 2022.

He is very high on my list for next season ;)

AFL Club
West Coast
West Cosst should of locked him away as a NGA prospect but didn’t … :( :-

NGA MISS LEAVES WINGMAN UP FOR GRABS
West Australian wingman Arthur Jones will be available in the main NAB AFL Draft pool after it emerged West Coast did not sign him as a Next Generation Academy prospect.
There has been recent interest in Jones from AFL clubs since an eye-catching performance for WA in the under-19s clash against South Australia on Grand Final day.
The 18-year-old Claremont youngster also enjoyed a strong end to his school and WAFL colts seasons, leading to a club invite for him to test at the Draft Combine next week.

It had been assumed by clubs that West Coast would have priority access to Jones, who grew up in Mt Barker in WA's south and was part of the club's NGA zone, but he was not locked in before his 17th year as required under Academy rules.