Discussion 2024: AFL RDT Dream Team Discussion [SCS RDT Group code is 291973]

AFL Club
St Kilda
I’m new to this format so can’t comment on selections with any experience maybe stating the obvious don’t forgot to bench Madden before the bounce
He's my Captain this week lol, taking Doch's score.
In my understanding, it scores like AFL Fantasy, the price of the players is more expensive than other formats but you also start with more money.
Price changes with a player are the same as SC, not as in AFL Fantasy where they change every week.

AFL Club
St Kilda
He's my Captain this week lol, taking Doch's score.
In my understanding, it scores like AFL Fantasy, the price of the players is more expensive than other formats but you also start with more money.
Price changes with a player are the same as SC, not as in AFL Fantasy where they change every week.
Yep! I also read that scores are based on possessions not effectiveness and hence it pays to focus on possession getters,, in particular loading up on Mids in lieu of Defenders?

AFL Club
Collingwood
Understand the Captain loophole Herbie, maybe I'm over cautious with leaving 'not picked to play' on the Field til I need to :). In hindsight I can see it doesn't matter in this situation
No worries.

I guess the other thing is if Grundy completely spuds it up , gives him other alternatives as well.

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
FWIW my team..its a little bit limited by joining after 2 games played.
Comments and suggestions very welcome

View attachment 54048
Looks different, but pretty good bearing in mind those constraints. My comments/suggestions:

- Jones is more of an option in SC, where intercept marks, spoils etc score well. I’d switch him for someone.

- Defence could work, but Dawson seems the pick of the premiums amongst those not locked out. Equally you could start a placeholder type and trade to Daicos in R3. Or do both.

- Heeney is probably more desirable in SC given he gets limited mid time. I’d say there’s a strong emphasis in getting players who get mid opportunities, or perhaps HB/rucks. I’d probably look at trimming one hopeful-keeper from amongst Heeney, Gulden, Day, Clark and possibly Cumming, to get one or two Uber premiums out of those positions.

- Keeping cash, and perhaps priorisiting DPP, is something I’d seriously consider in order to maximize trade flex at R3, given you’ve started without some players you will likely want.

You’ve done well given those constraints though.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Thanks @Darkie , bit of a rush to trade L Jones before his Lockout so bought a rookie in, limited for choices because of Brissy lockout.
I’d gone with Cummins largely because of his Kick-out & Play-on numbers, but now traded him to Sinclair, who if he regains his 2022 touch I prefer for numbers over Dawson.. risk I know with NWM swooping with him?
I think Hunter C will get a fair share of possessions as long as he stays fit.
Traded Heeney for Parker, and bought in the Pou for DPP.
Stocker for Day cashes me up for Rd 3.
PS: sorry about the colour scheme, don’t know how to revert that.
0D5F3DAC-F2F2-4748-AAF8-02B1A86DE522.png

Darkie

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks @Darkie , bit of a rush to trade L Jones before his Lockout so bought a rookie in, limited for choices because of Brissy lockout.
I’d gone with Cummins largely because of his Kick-out & Play-on numbers, but now traded him to Sinclair, who if he regains his 2022 touch I prefer for numbers over Dawson.. risk I know with NWM swooping with him?
I think Hunter C will get a fair share of possessions as long as he stays fit.
Traded Heeney for Parker, and bought in the Pou for DPP.
Stocker for Day cashes me up for Rd 3.
PS: sorry about the colour scheme, don’t know how to revert that.
View attachment 54056
Those changes sound pretty good to me … go Saints 🙂