Competitions 2023: Midprice Madness Competition

AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolutely not, you thrashed us last year with that margin in a competition that should be relatively close - I doubt anyone will do that again. Just saying it'll be harder for anyone to win this year with more entries. :)
It's all good.

The number of people joining is a credit to you and the great comp that you are running (as well as other comps).

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ironhawk is a legend, this is fact.
Not so sure about that. Plenty of highly skilled SC people here, I'm just trying to distract them all from the main comp this year by running a few comps like this one, and while distracting them, also getting everyone to put together a winning SC team for myself. I thought that much was obvious.:ROFLMAO::devilish:

Seriously, I've just decided to run a few things at once this year, I possibly could have held off on a couple of them until next year I guess to lighten my load a bit, but I'm a fan of all of them and wanted to run them if possible. I'll be kept busy updating entries for this competition over the next few nights, but at least I don't have my own SC team to worry about this year. Things should quieten down for me a bit once I get everything entered here, but the next few days will be hectic.

Just letting everyone know, any entries made within the last 24 hours before the first game starts (i.e. after around 7:20 pm tomorrow night) will not be reviewed prior to the season starting for errors. If you want to make sure you've got an acceptable entry for this year, make sure you enter your team within the next 24 hours. I won't be able to accept your entry if it doesn't comply with the rules, so I highly recommend not making too many late changes.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ok, it's taking longer to enter these teams than I would have liked, and based on my progress tonight, I'm pretty sure I won't get every team entered prior to the season starting. I'm finding it difficult to be productive here at the motel.

I can tell you that there are a lot of mistakes in team entries this year, around half of the teams I have entered so far have had errors - some quite significant. I am guessing some of this may be my fault with the switch to entry via forms - I know the entry form needs work, and I'll definitely get that sorted for next year. I will post the complete list of errors that need fixing once I have entered all teams (likely Friday or Saturday at this stage).

I have decided that this competition will now start in Round 2. Entries will still close at the time of the first bounce of the first game of Round 1 (this Thursday).

This will give me time to review all entries for mistakes, and should allow people time to amend these mistakes.

To be fair to everyone else who has a compliant team, I will allow everyone to switch up to 3 players in their team after entries lock (i.e. between the start of Rd 1 and the start of Rd 2). No more team changes will be allowed once the first game of Rd 2 kicks off. If you want to make any changes once Rd 1 commences, please either post these in this topic, or send them to me via PM - do not submit these changes via the form. Obviously with these changes your team will need to stay compliant with all rules in terms of team structure / budget.

I apologise for this. I did want to start this in Rd 1, but think we will get a fairer and better competition by allowing people to fix these mistakes. If it was only 1 or 2 entries with mistakes, I'd start as normal, but it seems there are a lot more than that.

AFL Club
West Coast
Ok, it's taking longer to enter these teams than I would have liked, and based on my progress tonight, I'm pretty sure I won't get every team entered prior to the season starting. I'm finding it difficult to be productive here at the motel.

I can tell you that there are a lot of mistakes in team entries this year, around half of the teams I have entered so far have had errors - some quite significant. I am guessing some of this may be my fault with the switch to entry via forms - I know the entry form needs work, and I'll definitely get that sorted for next year. I will post the complete list of errors that need fixing once I have entered all teams (likely Friday or Saturday at this stage).

I have decided that this competition will now start in Round 2. Entries will still close at the time of the first bounce of the first game of Round 1 (this Thursday).

This will give me time to review all entries for mistakes, and should allow people time to amend these mistakes.

To be fair to everyone else who has a compliant team, I will allow everyone to switch up to 3 players in their team after entries lock (i.e. between the start of Rd 1 and the start of Rd 2). No more team changes will be allowed once the first game of Rd 2 kicks off. If you want to make any changes once Rd 1 commences, please either post these in this topic, or send them to me via PM - do not submit these changes via the form. Obviously with these changes your team will need to stay compliant with all rules in terms of team structure / budget.

I apologise for this. I did want to start this in Rd 1, but think we will get a fairer and better competition by allowing people to fix these mistakes. If it was only 1 or 2 entries with mistakes, I'd start as normal, but it seems there are a lot more than that.

Suggestion here, instead of asking those with mistaken entries to send you another google form, would it be worth them PMing you a screenshot of their (correct) team via the team filler excel file? Might save you spending extra time correcting entries? Not sure about the process you’re using but was hoping to save you some time

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Suggestion here, instead of asking those with mistaken entries to send you another google form, would it be worth them PMing you a screenshot of their (correct) team via the team filler excel file? Might save you spending extra time correcting entries? Not sure about the process you’re using but was hoping to save you some time
Thanks. I'm planning on closing off the form on Thursday night, so something like this will be what's needed.

It takes me a while as I have each player represented by a number in the spreadsheet. It should be able to be automated to get the data via a lookup if I had set the form up differently, but I figured by the time I set the spreadsheet up to automate it, it’s just as easy to do manually. As some people haven't picked the right amount per section (not picking 8 defenders for example), I'm not sure what this would do to the formulas anyway. I've memorised a lot of the popular numbers by now, which is speeding up entry time, but still need to scroll through the lists for a lot of them.

KLo30

Leadership Group
AFL Club
North Melb.

Have you got response validation selected for each section (DEF, MID, RUC, FWD)?

1678837372309.png
1678837398616.png

Easy to add and won't allow an entry to be submitted that doesn't have the correct number of players for each section.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have you got response validation selected for each section (DEF, MID, RUC, FWD)?

View attachment 53845
View attachment 53846

Easy to add and won't allow an entry to be submitted that doesn't have the correct number of players for each section.
I don't, I saw that option afterwards. Not much point adding it now, but it's good to know how that works. Thanks.

AFL Club
Hawthorn

Good news everyone!

You can disregard the message from last night. I've figured out a way to manipulate a few columns in my spreadsheet to match the Forms output and have been able to automate the data entry. I'll have everyone's entry in and verified later tonight.

This competition will run as originally planned, starting in Rd 1, with no changes allowed once the first game kicks off.

As mentioned last night, there are a few errors in submissions (a few less than I expected), I'll post all these later tonight. If your team has an error, please amend your team prior to the first game tomorrow if you can. Due to the short notice, I'll allow some leniency, but all entries will need to be locked away by the start of the second game (Friday night) at the absolute latest. If you still have errors at this stage, I'll probably not allow your entry.

I'm much happier with these arrangements, and feel a bit stupid for not realising I could automate this sooner with what was a relatively straightforward change.

Thanks.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Good news everyone!

You can disregard the message from last night. I've figured out a way to manipulate a few columns in my spreadsheet to match the Forms output and have been able to automate the data entry. I'll have everyone's entry in and verified later tonight.

This competition will run as originally planned, starting in Rd 1, with no changes allowed once the first game kicks off.

As mentioned last night, there are a few errors in submissions (a few less than I expected), I'll post all these later tonight. If your team has an error, please amend your team prior to the first game tomorrow if you can. Due to the short notice, I'll allow some leniency, but all entries will need to be locked away by the start of the second game (Friday night) at the absolute latest. If you still have errors at this stage, I'll probably not allow your entry.

I'm much happier with these arrangements, and feel a bit stupid for not realising I could automate this sooner with what was a relatively straightforward change.

Thanks.
Great stuff Ironhawk, could you show a list of the teams who have made errors?, using KLo's team picker I think I got mine right this time but would like confirmation, cheers mate.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Great stuff Ironhawk, could you show a list of the teams who have made errors?, using KLo's team picker I think I got mine right this time but would like confirmation, cheers mate.
Will do, just need to filter out the repeat teams, hoping to get it sorted in the next hour or so. I also need to download all the teams entered over the last 24 hours and include them too.

Your team had $5600 left over and is compliant from my calculations. Hopefully that matches what you got too.

AFL Club
Essendon
Good news everyone!

Thanks.
Massive effort mate. Thanks again for running this. Provides a welcome point of difference from the standard SC thought processes.

I've just realised I've got Pintonet as one of my rucks and Fritch forward. Gonna be a slow start to the season :LOL:

AFL Club
St Kilda
Will do, just need to filter out the repeat teams, hoping to get it sorted in the next hour or so. I also need to download all the teams entered over the last 24 hours and include them too.

Your team had $5600 left over and is compliant from my calculations. Hopefully that matches what you got too.
Thanks I.H, appreciate all your efforts.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
There were not as many errors as I thought after entering all teams, must have hit a bad patch of entries last night.

If your name is below, the easiest way to fix these changes may be via PM, rather than having to resubmit your whole team again, but whatever works best for you. If you could get these changes to me ASAP, I'll be able to enter you in the competition as soon as your team is compliant.

Errors:
@mike89: You did not select a Melbourne player.
@Grundogging: You have selected 3 North players and the total of your team is $13,100 over budget.
@Crowls: This is not even close unfortunately. You are over budget by $841,100, and 13 of 18 teams either have 0 selections or more than 2.
@Eagling: You only selected 28 players (7 fwds, 7 def). You selected 3 Crows players, no Swans players.
@Miller is a Steele: You have selected 3 Collingwood players and are over budget by $53,300.
RONNOCS CHAMPS: 3 Carlton, 3 GWS, 0 Melbourne, 4 West Coast players selected. (Couldn't find your user name to tag you).
@Professor: 3 GWS, 3 Richmond and 4 St Kilda players selected.
@JuddgementDay: You have selected 3 Fremantle players and are $2,024,600 over budget.

Thanks.