Discussion 2023: NRL Supercoach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL Club
Brisbane
Thoughts on this side?

The cheapies will be swapped out for playing cheapies if needed.

I've never started this many "premiums", and my FRF is toast, however, if the cheapies play would the prems be enough to keep ahead points wise, while the cheapies slowly build to add to those prems. I hope that makes sense. Otherwise I can go back to the drawing board.

IMG_20230131_123912.jpg
Screenshot_20230131_123834.jpg

AFL Club
Sydney
Thoughts on this side?

I've never started this many "premiums", and my FRF is toast, however, if the cheapies play would the prems be enough to keep ahead points wise, while the cheapies slowly build to add to those prems. I hope that makes sense. Otherwise I can go back to the drawing board.

View attachment 52260
View attachment 52259
Of all the sides I have seen this is the most stacked CTW line and the worst FRF! Congrats - could work.

AFL Club
Brisbane
Of all the sides I have seen this is the most stacked CTW line and the worst FRF! Congrats - could work.
8 cheapies from FRF/2RF seems a bit much :oops:
I know right. But could it work?

Most sides I've seen have 1-2 mid in FRF and 6-7 cheapies CTW.
Basically I've just done the opposite

I'm also wondering if 3 from the same team with early byes could be a problem, Roosters, Panthers

I could switch out
Manu > Hamiso
To'o > Hayze
Tom > Latrell
even
Val > Charnze

I then could bolster my FRF and add Elliot to 2RF:unsure:

Edit: I'll keep the other one handy. I don't mind it. Again depends on TLT and Tom

AFL Club
Collingwood
Thoughts on this side?

View attachment 52260
View attachment 52259
Good Grief, no messing around with the CTN line.

Just think your too expose in the FRF and 2RF lines. But it could work, guess it a preseason watch for roles.

But Good Golly the Halves to FLB .......Ka Pow

AFL Club
Collingwood
I know right. But could it work?

Most sides I've seen have 1-2 mid in FRF and 6-7 cheapies CTW.
Basically I've just done the opposite

I'm also wondering if 3 from the same team with early byes could be a problem, Roosters, Panthers

I could switch out
Manu > Hamiso
To'o > Hayze
Tom > Latrell
even
Val > Charnze

I then could bolster my FRF and add Elliot to 2RF:unsure:

Edit: I'll keep the other one handy. I don't mind it. Again depends on TLT and Tom
Yes it could work. Depends on Keppie and Moeroa time on ground.

AFL Club
Carlton
Thoughts on this side?

As you said, a lot is going to depend on where the cheapies are named. My experience has been that you get better cheapies in the CTW - 2RF/FRF cheapies can end up playing from the bench (which generally means they struggle to make money) whereas CTW cheapies generally play 80 and can fall over the line a couple of times to kick start some price increases.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thoughts on this side?

View attachment 52260
View attachment 52259
A philosophy of mine for fantasy sports is to plan for the worst but hope for the best. This possibly leads to playing too conservatively in some formats and at some stages, but hopefully ensures you do not fall too far behind whilst maintaining flexibility for trades and not painting yourself into a corner.

As a hypothetical-
FRF options are performing poorly- Limited game time and chances of making signifcant cash is looking minimal
An injury befalls one or multiple of your guns
A team you hold multiple assets in are on the bye
A premium is off to a very slow start and providing a poor return on investment comparative to missing a rookie or mid pricer outperforming their current price and expected to have large increases in the coming rounds

Which do you prioritise first and will you still be able to keep pace with similar sides (depending on your goal for the season= rank ?, etc)?

AFL Club
Brisbane
A philosophy of mine for fantasy sports is to plan for the worst but hope for the best. This possibly leads to playing too conservatively in some formats and at some stages, but hopefully ensures you do not fall too far behind whilst maintaining flexibility for trades and not painting yourself into a corner.

As a hypothetical-
FRF options are performing poorly- Limited game time and chances of making signifcant cash is looking minimal
An injury befalls one or multiple of your guns
A team you hold multiple assets in are on the bye
A premium is off to a very slow start and providing a poor return on investment comparative to missing a rookie or mid pricer outperforming their current price and expected to have large increases in the coming rounds

Which do you prioritise first and will you still be able to keep pace with similar sides (depending on your goal for the season= rank ?, etc)?
Some good questions here.
Lets start already :LOL:

AFL Club
West Coast
Managed to get the same team in RDT & SC. Hopefully won’t have to make too many changes. Would be an improvement compared to the team I made the day before the season started last year 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.