Discussion 2024 Round 17: Teams & In Game Discussion

AFL Club
Collingwood
2433 Gawn

Solid performance all around, a few down scores from Walsh, Sexton and Dale.

3 trades left but I think Sexton has to go this week. Seems to be quite congested down back for the suns with Uwland and Powell (let alone Weller in a few weeks). Will go Richards down to Humphries and likely go Sexton up to Caldwell. But one to assess over the next few days.

AFL Club
Essendon
2523 Ryan

Changed from Neale as C 20 mins before Fremantle played. Thought Ryan might ho big against Richmond again. Miss on 81 points...

Still happy. Traded Neale and McKercher in this week for Rowell and Fisher.

Well done to those with big scores. Have seen a 2693

AFL Club
Hawthorn
2,375 with Bont C…
Horrible round this week with only 11 premium scores over 100….after great scores from Butters, Sheezel, Merrett and Jackson…today it was Heeney with a strong second half and Neale that brought the score to be semi respectable..
won 4 of 5 league clashes however think I drop rank on the Top 1% ….most decent teams will score above 2400 would imagine…

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
This league is crazy this year. Ranked 16th for 20 team leagues, after this week's matches the top 6 are on equal points! :eek:

I'm just two wins off top spot... but in 13th place! :ROFLMAO:
Leagues can be crazy, full stop!

In one league I am 13th, am 4th on points scored, but 2nd on points scored against and just lost to the 20th ranked team who almost scored 2600. Go figure...

AFL Club
West Coast
15/1702
Rozee 168 :love::love:
Butters 159 :love:
Sheezel 141 :cool:
McKercher 134 :love:
Jackson 121 :cool:
LDU 114 :)
Bont VC 106 :(
Flanders 104 :(
Ryan 99 :(
Green 96 :(
Serong 84 :cry:
Holmes 82 :cry:
Houston 76 :cry:
Dale 73 :cry:

Grundy, Gawn C, Heeney, Dunkley, Zorko, Rankine, and Dowling to come.

Rozee and Butters amazing. Both went berserk early and rode scaling home. Sheezel excellent, especially in that last quarter. McKercher returned in style. Very, very happy I stuck fat and hold. Kid is crazy good. Jackson awesome today. Darcy out next week so hopefully another good score, although Meek is a tough matchup. LDU good. Had a lot of almost moments and easily could’ve kicked 2 clutch goals in that final term which would’ve seen him push 150-160. Bont quiet. Finished off ok but the game was dead so didn’t get rewarded.

Flanders quiet too. Still managed to keep the ton streak going. Ryan’s role isn’t as lucrative as the first half of the year, some nice junk though. Don’t know how Green is so inefficient and a clanger merchant when basically all he does is handball. Great effort to finish where he did after a terrible first half. Serong poor. Thankfully didn’t captain as I flirted with it. Holmes, Houston, and Dale all very disappointing as my 3 defender PODs. Holmes has lost his role with Stewart going into the middle.

Thankfully I had the E on Curnow so I’m not forced to take his score. Dowling will come on instead but I don’t expect a whole lot against Brisbane at the Gabba. So so annoyed with Curnow. Just have to keep holding with 2 trades and 50k in the bank. I still back him to go 90+ with his run home.
2511 Gawn
Dunkley 140 :cool:
Heeney 127 :)☯️
Gawn C 100x2 :cry:
Rankine 97 :confused:☯️
Grundy 94 :cry:
Zorko 84 :(
Dowling 67 :)

Dunkley excellent. 3 scores in the 140s on the trot and faces WC next week. Heeney was nowhere to be seen in the first half but had a near 100 point second half. Gawn disappointing. Was shaping up to be a 120+ score but got subbed out. Didn’t look too bad, should be just precautionary. Reckon he would’ve played if the game was still on the line. Rankine started terribly but kicked on to post a decent score against a tough matchup. Grundy poor. Zorko quiet at the Gabba for once. Happy with Dowling. Could’ve been more having been on 66 halfway through the third but will take the score as I wanted 55-60. Looping Curnow into him gained me 34 points.

I think Rankine and Heeney will both get off. Rankine probably more likely to get a week given Starcevich was subbed out unlike Webster.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This league is crazy this year. Ranked 16th for 20 team leagues, after this week's matches the top 6 are on equal points! :eek:

I'm just two wins off top spot... but in 13th place! :ROFLMAO:
It's the strongest of the 7 P&R leagues in terms of rankings, even ahead of League 1. You're all doing well, keep it up. Very competitive league, I'm happy to be within 3 wins of top spot somehow.

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Oh please don't go out on me don't go out on me now
Never acted up before don't go on me now
I swear I never took it for granted just thought of it now
Suppose I abused you just passing it on
Go

Please don't go on me
Don't go on me
Don't go on me
Don't go on me
Please

Ben's Beasts

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Melbourne

Just an absolute nightmare of a round.

Touk injured on 33, Oliver 51, Schoenmaker as cover for Fisher 52, Sexton 58, Gawn subbed as Captain for just 100. Then five other ‘premiums’ under 90.

Just five players with scores that met or exceeded expectations. Thank you Rozee, Merrett, Sheezel, Jackson and thanks Heeney for the score but not for the likely suspension.

Just need to forget about this round and move on.

Hopefully Fisher is back. Will hold Heeney. Gawn was just subbed as a precaution so expect him to be fine. Will need to trade Touk if the injury is a fractured wrist as expected.