Strategy 2024: Round 17 Trades

How many trades do you have left after planned trades?

• 0 (Feel free to open up the No Trades Left Club thread)

• 9 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
AFL Club
North Melb.
Clarry gets another week and will hold Fisher.

5 trades left will use two next week either:

1. Krueger and Clarry to rookie and Butters
2. Krueger and J Cameron to rookie and Rankine.

AFL Club
Carlton
Only have 2300 itb.
Thinking will keep Fisher and trade saints Garcia to one of the Geelong cheap rookies to give me more cash for the next trade which may need to be 1 up 1 down.
Which rook from Geelong has the best js?

AFL Club
St Kilda
Only have 2300 itb.
Thinking will keep Fisher and trade saints Garcia to one of the Geelong cheap rookies to give me more cash for the next trade which may need to be 1 up 1 down.
Which rook from Geelong has the best js?
Not sure, but Scott has given both Clarke and Dempsey a lot of senior footy this year.
With mixed results from a SC view, let alone a footy perspective, but Chris Scott’s game within a game keeps us guessing!
A shallow injury list with Tanner Bruhn 2-4 weeks away as the only player to come back on the horizon.
As for rooks not sure, depends on structure, I grabbed Humphries last week. I think Mannagh could be more team specific. What are they doing in the ruck may help work out if his role is long term or not? He was sub rd1 and a late in rd2 looking at the notes section in SC so I’d stay away personally.

AFL Club
Essendon
Fisher and 7 trades remaining…

Options after a quick look:

1. Fisher to Caldwell
2. Clark to Humpries (opens M/D); Fisher to Rankine.
3. Have got Comben and Sexton as options for Fisher cover, but all playing in same game limits flexibility with actual looping. (Dawson also sitting down back limited in usefulness due to injury and game scheduling - and Shoenmaker not playing.)

What do we think guys? Any other suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fisher and 7 trades remaining…

Options after a quick look:

1. Fisher to Caldwell
2. Clark to Humpries (opens M/D); Fisher to Rankine.
3. Have got Comben and Sexton as options for Fisher cover, but all playing in same game limits flexibility with actual looping. (Dawson also sitting down back limited in usefulness due to injury and game scheduling - and Shoenmaker not playing.)

What do we think guys? Any other suggestions welcome.
With 7 trades I like option 2 ,Rankine or Caldwell depends on how much money you want to retain.
I have 8 trades before this week and am doing similar with Fisher out but bringing in a mid.

AFL Club
Collingwood
I have 12 trades left and 66k in the bank.

Here is my team

B - N Daicos, McGovern, Whitfield, Ridley, Scheezel, Dale, Worner, W Dawson.
M - Bont, Merrett, Walsh, Serong, Rozee, H Francis, Green, Gulden, Miller, Sullivan, Rogers
R - Grundy, Gawn, Livingstone
F- Jackson, Fisher, Flanders, Heeney, Dowling, Freijah, Richards, Hannah.
Not sure how long Fisher is out for (AFL website says test) so I was going to keep him for one week especially if Richards scores well tonight.

I an thinking of bringing in Schoenmaker for Worner so I have back up on the bench. I could also trade Sullivan but won't have enough to upgrade him and not sure who to downgrade him to or if that is a wasted trade.

Appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Thanks

AFL Club
Carlton
Any advice welcome. 5 trades and $21,900 ITB. Was hoping to go Reville and Freijah for Caldwell and Humphries but fall $1,800 short.

IMG_6749.jpeg IMG_6750.jpeg

AFL Club
St Kilda
I have 12 trades left and 66k in the bank.

Here is my team

B - N Daicos, McGovern, Whitfield, Ridley, Scheezel, Dale, Worner, W Dawson.
M - Bont, Merrett, Walsh, Serong, Rozee, H Francis, Green, Gulden, Miller, Sullivan, Rogers
R - Grundy, Gawn, Livingstone
F- Jackson, Fisher, Flanders, Heeney, Dowling, Freijah, Richards, Hannah.
Not sure how long Fisher is out for (AFL website says test) so I was going to keep him for one week especially if Richards scores well tonight.

I an thinking of bringing in Schoenmaker for Worner so I have back up on the bench. I could also trade Sullivan but won't have enough to upgrade him and not sure who to downgrade him to or if that is a wasted trade.

Appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Thanks
You could go Logan Evans instead of Schoenmaker as it's not certain yet whether he starts, and Sullivan to Humphries...then try to strengthen your fwd line next week.

AFL Club
West Coast
Any advice welcome. 5 trades and $21,900 ITB. Was hoping to go Reville and Freijah for Caldwell and Humphries but fall $1,800 short.

View attachment 75224 View attachment 75225
Richards plays tonight & sounds like not sub so might score well enough to cover Fisher- great that you have the ability to have a look at his score first before deciding if you need to trade.

If his score isn’t good, then maybe straight swap of Fisher > Caldwell.

Reville & Freijah have such low BEs/ more money to make so I personally want to hold them a bit longer if possible

Tamuhawk

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Richards plays tonight & sounds like not sub so might score well enough to cover Fisher- great that you have the ability to have a look at his score first before deciding if you need to trade.

If his score isn’t good, then maybe straight swap of Fisher > Caldwell.

Reville & Freijah have such low BEs/ more money to make so I personally want to hold them a bit longer if possible
Caldwell locks out tonight.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Current team with 5 trades remaining and $43k in the bank:

1720144707928.png

With Fisher out this week, my plans have been turned on their head a little, after originally thinking no trades. Last roll of the dice before settling in with crossed fingers for remaining rounds.

Option 1 = Rowell / Sullivan >> Caldwell / Humphries - leaves my team looking like this with $179k in the bank - option to trade Freijah to Rozee at M8 and 2 trades left...

1720145148922.png

Option 2 = Rowell / Sullivan >> Sinclair / Humphries leaving $60k in the bank, exposed in the FWD line and prob upgrade section to Premo M8 and swing Sinclair to D6. Team looks like this:

1720145323004.png

Option 3 - Rowell / Sullian* >> McKercher / Humphries* leaving $304k in the bank to upgrade Freijah to a Premo M8. Can also save a trade this wound and leave the Sullivan / Humphries option until next week. This option feels like much more of a gamble, but hedges against the impact of McKercher on Fisher's scoring going forward...

Leaves the team looking like this:

1720145749590.png

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Leaning towards Option 1 at the moment since it strenghtens my forward line, and allows me to swing Fisher / Sexton and leave Jackson at F7.

Otherwise Option '0' is to just put Freijah on field and save my 5 trades for another day...

AFL Club
GWS Giants
Wasn't trading at all this week, but with Day at M5 I changed my mind, Day and Salem out, Rankine and Humphries in, assuming Humphries has buggerall JS but I need a cheap bench option to be able to afford Rankine

Okay folks have 55k and 7 trades... was thinking Zac Reid to either Shoenmaker or Logan Evans down back in attempt to fix this rubbish. nothing else is jumping out at me at this stage
Similar (Six trades, feel like they're burning a hole in my pocket).

Pretty tempted to jump on Schoenmaker or Evans to reinvigorate my DEF bench too, but I've also got Campbell and Humphries (call me crazy, I went for him last week) on my mid bench so I can cover half my premiums.

It feels like Evans is the JS play, Schoenmaker the scoring.

AFL Club
Carlton
Current team:

Sheezel, Ryan, Ridley, Martin, Stewart, Zilliams, (Worner, Evans)

Bont, Naicos, Merrett, Serong, Butters, Walsh, Laird, Green, (Freijah, Harcia, Dowling)

Gawn, English, (Livingstone)

Flanders, Heeney, Zorko, Fisher, Jackson, Curnow, (McNeil, Dawson)

6 trades left $ 2,300 itb.

Traded Sexton out last week for the cash with Zilliams kept to provide the loop (from round 18).

So, what happens, I need the loop in Round 17, Thanks.

Keeping Fisher with McNeil to cover this week, can't really cover any other way as would have to take someone off the field that I don't want to to use one of the M/F rookies.

Thinking Harcia to Humphries which will then give me $ 100,100 itb to enable a 1 up one down or better sideways trade if needed moving on and hoping Fish makes his way back in next week, Dawson might come back then to give better cover.