Strategy 2024: Round 17 Trades

How many trades do you have left after planned trades?

• 0 (Feel free to open up the No Trades Left Club thread)

• 9 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
AFL Club
Collingwood
You could go Logan Evans instead of Schoenmaker as it's not certain yet whether he starts, and Sullivan to Humphries...then try to strengthen your fwd line next week.
Thanks Russty. I appreciate your advice. Only hope that Mannagh starts as the sub and not Humphries.

AFL Club
Richmond
So, so tempted to trade out Sicily and Fisher this week, Fisher could be an ongoing issue and Sicily missed a couple of weeks earlier in the season with the same issue. Only got 3 trades though, if I had 5 reckon I'd pull the trigger

AFL Club
St Kilda
Just 2 trades, Freijah (F6), Dawson > Caldwell, Evans, will leave me with 7 trades
Can’t afford Rankine unless I used my last boost and traded Clark as well.
I decided to wait and see the new DPPs and bubble boys, then trade Richards/Clark/Reville and upgrade Fyfe ( my new F6).

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
So, so tempted to trade out Sicily and Fisher this week, Fisher could be an ongoing issue and Sicily missed a couple of weeks earlier in the season with the same issue. Only got 3 trades though, if I had 5 reckon I'd pull the trigger
Did they say Sicily will not be having surgery?..if not, how long is he supposed to be out for?

AFL Club
Melbourne
Hmmm I am going to back Essendon in to get Ridley back to his intercept role and he should get that tonight vs Pies who don't have big huge forwards.. also takes the kick ins mostly... so I am now trading Rowell instead of him, bringing in Viney actually as POD keeper he should be good vs Eagles and average a decent amount on run home..

IN LAWSON HUMPHRIES OUT ROWELL
IN VINEY OUT Jhye Clark.

still have Luke Jackson down forward with a big breakeven but wanted Viney so have decided to keep Jackson for now over Rowell and he could perhaps have a decent 3-4 goal game vs Richmond. He has a slightly higher breakeven than Rowell but (140 vs 124)

AFL Club
St Kilda
Just 2 trades, Freijah (F6), Dawson > Caldwell, Evans, will leave me with 7 trades
Can’t afford Rankine unless I used my last boost and traded Clark as well.
I decided to wait and see the new DPPs and bubble boys, then trade Richards/Clark/Reville and upgrade Fyfe ( my new F6).
Which Dawson are we talking about?...with 9 trades left I'd almost think about the boost this week to pump up your scoring ability

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hmmm I am going to back Essendon in to get Ridley back to his intercept role and he should get that tonight vs Pies who don't have big huge forwards.. also takes the kick ins mostly... so I am now trading Rowell instead of him, bringing in Viney actually as POD keeper he should be good vs Eagles and average a decent amount on run home..

IN VINEY OUT Jhye Clark.

still have Luke Jackson down forward with a big breakeven but wanted Viney so have decided to keep Jackson for now over Rowell and he could perhaps have a decent 3-4 goal game vs Richmond. He has a slightly higher breakeven than Rowell but (140 vs 124)
Time for breakevens passed about a month ago. Should hold no influence on decision making for players currently in your side as trade out targets.

How many trades do you have left as Viney starts at zero and Rowell is not stuck at low eighties? Minimal cash is made from the trade and do you foresee a large enough difference between the two in Viney’s favour to make it worthwhile? What happens if Viney comes out and has a few sub 100 matches? Will he be kept for the remainder of the season or will he be traded to another midfielder?

AFL Club
St Kilda
Which Dawson are we talking about?...with 9 trades left I'd almost think about the boost this week to pump up your scoring ability
Thanks for any suggestions @Russty_ It was Will Dawson (NM). If I reversed the Dawson trade and went Clark instead it would give me $148,600 itb. I’d like to upgrade Fyfe but that would only give me $484,200 to pay for new recruit. Because I don’t have any DPPs in my MID group that limits me to recruiting a FWD, Curnow would fit but is he an improvement on Fyfe?
Another option is to trade Warner, which would give me $658,600 to recruit with and could certainly get Rankine or Dunkley. Current team attached.
IMG_0970.jpeg

AFL Club
St Kilda
Thanks for any suggestions @Russty_ It was Will Dawson (NM). If I reversed the Dawson trade and went Clark instead it would give me $148,600 itb. I’d like to upgrade Fyfe but that would only give me $484,200 to pay for new recruit. Because I don’t have any DPPs in my MID group that limits me to recruiting a FWD, Curnow would fit but is he an improvement on Fyfe?
Another option is to trade Warner, which would give me $658,600 to recruit with and could certainly get Rankine or Dunkley. Current team attached.
View attachment 75250
Hey mate, I'd say reverse the Dawson trade, you don't need Evans, cause you have Schoenmaker, Trade Clark instead for Humphries, and then get whoever you want next week.

AFL Club
Geelong
Not sure, but Scott has given both Clarke and Dempsey a lot of senior footy this year.
With mixed results from a SC view, let alone a footy perspective, but Chris Scott’s game within a game keeps us guessing!
A shallow injury list with Tanner Bruhn 2-4 weeks away as the only player to come back on the horizon.
As for rooks not sure, depends on structure, I grabbed Humphries last week. I think Mannagh could be more team specific. What are they doing in the ruck may help work out if his role is long term or not? He was sub rd1 and a late in rd2 looking at the notes section in SC so I’d stay away personally.
Bruhn and Guthrie come back in yet, dont really think either get an extended run in the 22.

AFL Club
Melbourne
Time for breakevens passed about a month ago. Should hold no influence on decision making for players currently in your side as trade out targets.

How many trades do you have left as Viney starts at zero and Rowell is not stuck at low eighties? Minimal cash is made from the trade and do you foresee a large enough difference between the two in Viney’s favour to make it worthwhile? What happens if Viney comes out and has a few sub 100 matches? Will he be kept for the remainder of the season or will he be traded to another midfielder?
Viney is a keeper for me, without Petracca he is and will continue to thrive in the responsibility he's had 9 and 12 clearances past two weeks ... yes I do think it was worth the trade with Rowell... he has gone 108 and 120 and should go similar or higher vs Eagles.. Rowell just is too risky of going 70/80 at the moment I feel and they have Miller/Anderson/Flanders to get good ball for them.. anyway we will see..

another guy made fun of me for suggesting CRISP AND BERRY like 10 weeks ago and laughed at me when I said they'd average good scores.. thats panned out right for me with my instincts, I made the right call ditching Rowell and keeping Ridley after tonight :)

Last edited:
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bruhn and Guthrie come back in yet, dont really think either get an extended run in the 22.
What did you make of Stewarts CBA’s last week, was it related to the weather, a tag release or actually to see if its a possible option going forward? I didn't watch the game, but if it continues Humphries may get a longer run?
I didn’t mention Guthrie as he was listed as TBC on the injury list.

IN VINEY OUT Jhye Clark.

Why Viney?