Strategy 2024: Round 17 Trades

How many trades do you have left after planned trades?

• 0 (Feel free to open up the No Trades Left Club thread)

• 9 or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Connoisseur

Leadership Group
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Viney is a keeper for me, without Petracca he is and will continue to thrive in the responsibility he's had 9 and 12 clearances past two weeks ... yes I do think it was worth the trade with Rowell... he has gone 108 and 120 and should go similar or higher vs Eagles.. Rowell just is too risky of going 70/80 at the moment I feel and they have Miller/Anderson/Flanders to get good ball for them.. anyway we will see..

another guy made fun of me for suggesting CRISP AND BERRY like 10 weeks ago and laughed at me when I said they'd average good scores.. thats panned out right for me with my instincts, I made the right call ditching Rowell and keeping Ridley after tonight :)
Clearances are not worth anything in SuperCoach as they are already accounted for via the disposal that clears the stoppage area (whether efficient or inefficient/clanger) so best not to place any importance on these for decision making.

Other than the Eagles match, are there other matchups that you are very confident in for Viney, as one match should not serve as one of the key reasons for selection with another seven matches still to come.

The Rowell trade feels too reactionary rather than being proactive as I feel the time for trading passed back at RD8 when he peaked at $654,300. Why are Miller/Anderson/Flanders of concern now given this was pre exisiting at the time of ownership in which either you bought in from the start or chased lost points over $600,000 when this was a “non issue”?

Those suggestions were seven rounds ago (not ten-suggestions occurred in RD10) and Berry has averaged 91 since then at a price of $502,500, so I wouldn’t classify that as a right call. Nor would I classify not trading Ridley as a right call after four quarters with another twenty eight still to come.

Viney is a keeper for me, without Petracca he is and will continue to thrive in the responsibility he's had 9 and 12 clearances past two weeks ... yes I do think it was worth the trade with Rowell... he has gone 108 and 120 and should go similar or higher vs Eagles.. Rowell just is too risky of going 70/80 at the moment I feel and they have Miller/Anderson/Flanders to get good ball for them.. anyway we will see..

another guy made fun of me for suggesting CRISP AND BERRY like 10 weeks ago and laughed at me when I said they'd average good scores.. thats panned out right for me with my instincts, I made the right call ditching Rowell and keeping Ridley after tonight :)
In fact, instead of Viney id consider mitch duncan.
slotted into a halfback seagull role, cats dont leave kardinia park for the next 3 years, he'll never tag someone and hes 40kish cheaper.

AFL Club
Melbourne
I feel he can average as good as a player around 550-580 on the run home so will serve his purpose as my last midfielder... it gives me 450,000 in cash to upgrade 2 of sexton,simpkin, luke jackson to ultra premiums (one mid/one fwd as I can move Reid or Garcia Stk down to the forwards to get a premium mid for sexton or simpkin... without having to do a trade for a rookie as I am running out of trades (7 left)

It's a gut feel I did the same with Caldwell weeks ago before majority jumped on as I saw how strong his tackles and role was becoming.. yes he is easier to pick because of the lack of good forwards but I still had the same feel on Viney, why would I spend 100 k extra on a guy I feel will score the same as Viney on run home? I just have had enough of Rowell, it took me ages to decide as Suns do have a relatively good run home for the midfielders but I am going with it

AFL Club
Melbourne
take out his shocker vs pies and he has averaged 108 over 6 weeks and many of those were with petracca in.

AFL Club
Adelaide

I never make fun of anyone's suggestions, I've ended up with egg on my face too often, have you thought of Laird instead of Viney if you have the funds?

AFL Club
Melbourne
I never make fun of anyone's suggestions, I've ended up with egg on my face too often, have you thought of Laird instead of Viney if you have the funds?[/QUOTE

I'm ok happy to save the 100 k so I can do better upgrades on2 of simpkin, sexton jackson to some 600,000 k plus players.. think Viney and Laird will average the same on run home basically so not worth the extra 100 k... the whole point of a POD is to have someone others dont. I think it's a great pick as a last mid for that price

AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone else considering going Freijah > Humphries with Freijah now being the sub which kills his cash gen?

AFL Club
Bulldogs
Anyone else considering going Freijah > Humphries with Freijah now being the sub which kills his cash gen?
Whats better. Humpries as season long cover or a floating donut (esp with a 23rd premium) with 3 trades left the only way to have a donut for loops is outs